The Death of Kings, the VI ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 02:05:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Death of Kings, the VI ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Author Topic: The Death of Kings, the VI ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 27728 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2018, 01:52:42 AM »

Right, there we go. Semi game over for Lord Stark (since he still has Benjen, and as a highborn prisoner standing formal trial has several privileges), Darry and Frey are eliminated due to inactivity.

Next turn begins Friday afternoon.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2018, 03:44:15 AM »

Lots going on, happy to finally be able to do stuff.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2018, 05:06:13 AM »

Very nice play by Dereich disproving his own theory on doomed Stormlanders!

And yes, bloody loved Cersei
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2018, 05:13:16 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2018, 07:15:47 AM by DKrol »

Wait a second here. Varys slipped past the 170-ship strong Royal Fleet not once, but twice, to sneak both into and out of King's Landing and NO ONE saw him, sent word ahead, sounded an alarm, or gave chase either time? Sounds a bit fishy to me.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2018, 05:19:45 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2018, 06:18:24 AM by Lord Mace Tyrell/ King Louis XIII »

Lumine,
I suppose you roll a dice and if for example the event is very unlikely you give him 1/6 of chance to happen right?
In my view, literally 16,7% of probability may be a bit too high for very unlikely events.

Maybe for events you deem very very very unlikely you should roll 2 dices and for that to happen the total has to be 2" 1+1" ? So the probability would only be 1/36, something like 2,8%.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2018, 08:23:05 AM »

If Tywin had died, who would have been regent of the westerlands? Cersei or Genna?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »

Wait a second here. Varys slipped past the 170-ship strong Royal Fleet not once, but twice, to sneak both into and out of King's Landing and NO ONE saw him, sent word ahead, sounded an alarm, or gave chase either time? Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Lumine,
I suppose you roll a dice and if for example the event is very unlikely you give him 1/6 of chance to happen right?
In my view, literally 16,7% of probability may be a bit too high for very unlikely events.

Maybe for events you deem very very very unlikely you should roll 2 dices and for that to happen the total has to be 2" 1+1" ? So the probability would only be 1/36, something like 2,8%.

Considering his inner knowledge of the Red Keep, the nature of his select group and boat and the fact that he had the cover of night I judged the scheme to stood a chance, if an unlikely one. The result was a dice roll to determine the overall success (which came positive) and separate dice rolls for each hostage (of which Elia came negative). Since there is evidence of people in the books and show managing to run past blockades or fleets, I figured it was at least possible.

The alternative would be to increase the number of dice rolls to simulate events like this, I suppose, which if the player are on board with I will implement.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2018, 09:01:38 AM »

If Tywin had died, who would have been regent of the westerlands? Cersei or Genna?

Cersei. Genna would not feature as a candidate, as there's Gerion and Tygett Lannister to consider as well.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2018, 09:04:34 AM »

Lumine,

Considering his inner knowledge of the Red Keep, the nature of his select group and boat and the fact that he had the cover of night I judged the scheme to stood a chance, if an unlikely one. The result was a dice roll to determine the overall success (which came positive) and separate dice rolls for each hostage (of which Elia came negative). Since there is evidence of people in the books and show managing to run past blockades or fleets, I figured it was at least possible.

The alternative would be to increase the number of dice rolls to simulate events like this, I suppose, which if the player are on board with I will implement.
Oh I mean I wasn't contesting your decision at all. It's just that there might be a distinction in the future between "unlikely events" and "very very unlikely events".
Like for example, if Dereich "just" decides to attack the castle of Storm's end, I believe it should be more 2.8% of success instead of 16.7% considering how hard it is to take this. Just an example.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2018, 09:06:49 AM »

Lumine,

I was hypothesising that I had a mole among my men, not critiquing your methods. Nice to see your thought process though.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2018, 10:52:56 AM »

Am I right in thinking we have a Red Viper next turn?!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »

Btw guys,
Playing with you is such a pleasure!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2018, 05:53:03 AM »

Seconded!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2018, 06:35:58 PM »

I agree, this is very fun
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »

Aaaand at this point, Tywin comes in and murders everyone at this happy slap eachother on the back convention

Yes, very fun indeed ;}

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2018, 07:40:01 PM »

Aaaand at this point, Tywin comes in and murders everyone at this happy slap eachother on the back convention

Yes, very fun indeed ;}

*Zooms in on the map to see what Leo is planning for this turn*
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »

I was sceptical playing a no war of the five kings scenario could be interesting, glad I was wrong!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2018, 04:12:44 PM »

Enjoy!
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2018, 05:37:35 PM »

Do I get a thing?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2018, 05:38:22 PM »

Who are you playing?
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2018, 05:42:18 PM »

Oberyn Martell
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »

Is it a good thing to make Oberyn playable? I suppose he's loyal to Doran.
While the freys, the bolton and the florents...

I mean, I'm not the GM so that is your call!
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2018, 05:47:49 PM »

I asked if he had any roles available, he mentioned Oberyn and so I went with it. You can check a few pages back when this happened.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »

I asked if he had any roles available, he mentioned Oberyn and so I went with it. You can check a few pages back when this happened.
I'm not doubting your good faith!

I'm just wondering if Oberyn should be plyable as he's loyal to Doran and that I suppose the Freys/Bolton/Florents probably matter more!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2018, 05:56:07 PM »

Oh, sorry! I forgot you had formally decided on Oberyn. I'll write you in later tonight as an intrigue focused player (like Varys), unless you would like to switch into a Westerosi House.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies