In These Times — The Election of 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:30:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  In These Times — The Election of 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: In These Times — The Election of 2032  (Read 14109 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »
« edited: April 24, 2018, 04:35:11 PM by maineiac4434🌲 »

January 30, 2030
Beaverton, Oregon
7:08 PM

"Madam Speaker, the President of the United States!"

A cheer went up from the crowd as President Cotton walked into the House Chamber for the State of the Union address. As a member of the House leadership, Congressman Evan Cho should've been there, but he was with his wife and newborn son on paternity leave. They had just set the tyke down to bed right before the crier announced Cotton's arrival.

Over the next hour and a half, Cho alternately cringed, laughed and fell into stunned silences as he watched the President of the United States announce a destructive and delusional course for his country. The fourth-term rep from Oregon and newly-minted Majority Whip watched his boss, House Speaker Dotty Nygard, stare stonefaced at the President from her position behind him, while seated to her right was Vice President Haley, smiling perfectly and applauding with the minority congresspeople.

At some points, the camera flashed around the chamber at the ashen, stricken faces of Cho's colleagues. He felt for them, and knew if it wasn't for the miracle of birth he'd be there, too, looking just as depressed.

Three times in his short life Cho's party had won the popular vote and lost the Presidency by the electoral college. Bush over Gore in 2000, when he was a kid. Trump over Clinton in 2016, when he voted for the first time. And two years ago, Cotton over Baldwin. The only Republican Presidents of his lifetime.

Bush had a certain charm about him, to be sure. Trump certainly struck a chord with certain aspects of the population in 2016. But Cotton...something didn't sit right with him. He was unlikeable, he wasn't charismatic, he didn't seem to tap into any sort of the base. But here he was, President of the United States, albeit without a Senate or House majority. Evan knew little to none of what President Cotton was proposing would pass -- he and Dotty would ensure that. But the irreparable damage Cotton was doing to the courts, to America's image a broad, to its customs, only just normalized after eight years of Joe Kennedy, would be the 47th President's lasting legacy.

Especially if he won reelection.

Evan Cho picked up his phone and began texting Ben Johnston.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2018, 09:23:17 PM »

Yay!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2018, 10:50:42 PM »

Wait so Wisconsin is now a solid Republican state and Kentucky is a swingstate?

Yes. Aging population in Wisconsin, a slight decline in dairy prices and a lack of union activity (unions have resurged in Kentucky) have shifted Wisconsin into solid Republican territory. Kentucky is now a swing state because of the aforementioned union resurgence.
Also why does New York have 30 electoral votes I just realized
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2018, 10:57:22 PM »

Yes. Aging population in Wisconsin, a slight decline in dairy prices and a lack of union activity (unions have resurged in Kentucky) have shifted Wisconsin into solid Republican territory. Kentucky is now a swing state because of the aforementioned union resurgence.
It was granted another in the 2020 census.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »

But...WHY?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »

But...WHY?
Because
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2018, 11:52:40 PM »

November 5, 2030
Charlotte, North Carolina
8:01 PM

Mayor Emily McCarthy sipped a cup of tea and sighed happily.

Though her beloved North Carolina had no major elections this year, Democrats were poised to win resounding victories throughout the country, once again. This had become an annual occurrence, two years prior notwithstanding. President Cotton's unpopularity and the continued dominance of the Democratic Party with minority voters had 2030 turning into the new 2018.

"And with polls closing throughout the east, we have two projections to make in the great state of Maine," Rachel Maddow told the camera. Emily turned the volume up.

"In Maine's gubernatorial race, an overwhelming victory for early 2032 favorite Blake Walsh. She's expected to receive well over 60% of Maine's 1st-preference vote. In the Senate election in Maine, Walsh's husband Benjamin Johnston is expected to also receive over 60% of the 1st-preference vote. The Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and powerful voice of the left of the Democratic Party, Johnston and Walsh will continue to lead Maine for the foreseeable future. Hannah Pingree and Jared Golden are also both expected to win reelection to Maine's two House seats, making it another clean sweep for the Maine Democrats. Maine has not sent a Republican to Washington since 2016. In Massachusetts, Senator Ayanna Pressley has been reelected..."

Emily smiled to herself. She had called upon Blake and Ben in her campaign for Charlotte's Mayor in 2029, and they helped her win in both the primary and general.

Emily was ready to campaign for one of them in South Carolina, if need be.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »

YES!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2018, 10:00:43 AM »

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »

Oh boy let's see what IL-Gov is like here.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2018, 02:25:52 PM »

So Republicans are doomed to lose the popular vote?

Also, what happened to Blankenship?
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »

Who's picture is that of, on the Faux version of Time Magazine? Joanna Campbell? or is it a photo shop deal?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2018, 09:31:06 PM »

Who's picture is that of, on the Faux version of Time Magazine? Joanna Campbell? or is it a photo shop deal?
Kristen Stewart, if the URL is any indication.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2018, 07:49:50 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2018, 12:40:58 AM by maineiac4434🌲🌹 »

November 5, 2030
Portland, Maine
8:38 PM

While the outcome of both my race and Blake’s was never in doubt, hearing our races called so early was a relief. It allowed us to get our speeches out quickly and focus on our friends and allies running throughout the country. Concession calls from our opponents came quickly and graciously, as did congratulatory calls from our friends, including Secretary Warren.

When we stepped onto the stage with our children to a raucous reception, we noticed all the cameras, more than just Maine media. I leaned into Blake.

“They think you’re gonna announce,” I said. She smiled to me.

“I’ll tease them instead.”

She stepped to the podium.

“Ben and I want to thank each and every one of you for your support, and we want to thank the people of Maine for trusting us for the next several years. Everything we do is to fight for the people of this state, from the recovering heroin addict in Jackman to the single mom in Calais, from the logger in Allagash to the shopkeeper in Kittery. You are what make Maine great.

“We also want to thank our opponents and their supporters. Your engagement and commitment to democracy is what makes this country great. Though we may not always agree, your views are valid and you too want to see Maine and the country thrive and succeed.

“We have made great progress over the last four years. Strengthening environmental laws, pulling people out of poverty and expanding the economy while protecting and expanding the rights of minorities are all things to be proud of. And I am proud of that record of success, and I’m honored to continue to fight for all of those things in the next four years.

“But our values as Mainers are under attack from Washington. President Cotton seeks to destroy everything we stand for. He wants to see Portland swept away by the ocean, the Katahdin region open to heavy industry and our hard-fought rights stripped away.

“2032 is just around the corner. And we as Democrats need someone who will fight for our values and promise to totally reverse course and save our great nation from falling behind.

“We can do well in this country. We can heal divisions across racial, religious, ethnic, gender, sexuality and class lines. We can protect our environment and defend our vulnerable. We want to do these things. We can do these things. Maine is proof positive of that.

“I look forward to watching the next several months unfold, as we look toward the next cycle. But we as Democrats must demand a Presidential candidate who works to protect the many, not the few. Who works to protect the environment, not polluters. Who works to liberate the oppressed, not aid their oppressors. As Democrats, we have a choice as well as a voice. Progressives have been forced to the periphery too often in our party. In 2032, that will change. I promise you.

“Thank you all, may god bless you, may god bless Maine and may god bless the United States of America.”
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »

This is by far the best timeline I've seen on this site.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2018, 11:36:25 PM »

April 11, 2025
Washington, D.C.
11:09 AM

"Yes, of course I'll mention it to her, Madam Governor...are you really sure the Maine Dems will nominate Diane?" I said into my phone, juggling a bag of lunches from Old Ebbitt I was about to drop off at Blake's office. I hastily pushed the button to the Chief of Staff's floor, holding the phone in the crook of my neck.

"Benjamin, honey," Governor Betsy Sweet said to me in a voice that said 'you're far too smart to be asking me this.' "It's the Maine Democratic Party. We don't make the best choices."

"Well, they nominated you in 2018. They nominated me last year. That's two pretty good choices." I offered as the elevator began ascending.

"That's because you're the best damn campaigner this state's ever seen. I wouldn't be sitting here if it wasn't for you, and you wouldn't be sitting there if it wasn't for you."

I sighed. I didn't think Blake was at all interested in electoral politics.

"Do you think she'd want it?" I asked as the elevator stopped a floor beneath my destination and approximately a dozen cherubic interns boarded.

"I don't know. But Diane's got herself back in the party's good graces by keeping her nose clean since 2018. That State Senate campaign against Sanborn was some of the best political work I've ever seen. She's been at the forefront of everything in the State Senate, and always makes sure to be seen with me whenever I'm at an event. She wants my job." The doors slid open and I bum-rushed my way out of the elevator before looking around confusedly trying to find the right corridor to the Chief of Staff's office.

"And there's no one else? Does Jared want it? Troy?" I asked. I really didn't want to have this conversation with Blake. I figured she'd reject the notion of running for Governor of our small state out of hand. She was affecting policy here. She was a premier player in the administration. She had private audiences with Kennedy, for God's sake.

"Jared loves Congress," Betsy said, elongating the 'o' in 'loves.' "Mark my words, he's gonna be Speaker some day. And Troy thinks his time has passed."

"Oh, how I wish he had defeated Cain back in the 2014 primary," I said, hoping to change the subject.

"Don't change the subject, Ben. Just...gauge her reaction. And call me back. If she doesn't want to, I'll see if Charlotte is interested or if Troy will reconsider. But, Ben," she paused for a moment. I paused to, at the threshold of Blake's office. "She'll do it. She's never backed down from a challenge. She'd have my full support. Damn the party norms, I'd introduce her at her campaign launch. Your wife is one of the most brilliant political minds I've ever met -- and I've met a fuckton of them. I gotta go, Ben. Talk to you soon." We hung up. A million thoughts raced through my mind. Would voters view us as power-hungry? As Underwoods? Would they reject someone who's spent the last four years in Washington? Was Secretary Warren popular in Maine? Was President Kennedy? What if--

"Senator, Ms. Walsh is in her office. I'll let her know you're here." Blake's young secretary told me.

"Thank you...Jeremy?" I offered. I could not remember this kid's name for the life of me.

"It's Jackson, Senator. And it's fine." He told me in a tone that implied it most certainly was not fine.

"Thank you, Jackson." I said, emphasizing his name. I entered Blake's office. She looked up and gave me that crooked grin that made me melt every time.

"Hey babe," she said, getting up from her cluttered desk.

"Hey darlin'," I said, leaning in to kiss her. She kissed me back.

"Ooh, Old Ebbitt!" She said, grabbing the bag from my hand and returning to her desk.

"You just like me 'cuz I bring you food," I grinned.

"Mmhmm," she mumbled with a mouthful of fries. She swallowed. "So, what's new on the Hill?"

"Same old shit. Anything new here?"

"Same old shit." She said, handing me my club sandwich and Coke, and laying the fries between us.

"I was just talking to Betsy--" I began, before Blake cut me off.

"Ohmigod, Betsy! It's been, like, months since I talked to her! What's she up to?" Blake said. She always turned into a 14-year-old whenever Betsy came up. Governor Sweet was her first political love. Betsy was mine, too.

"She's worried about who the Democrats will nominate to replace her next year. Diane Russell's running, as I'm sure you've heard." I said. Blake frowned.

"Seriously? She's a crank. She'd get destroyed. Is there anyone else? Does Jared want it?" She took a bite of her burger.

"Jared is uninterested. No one else seems to have the name rec or natural support as Diane. Though Betsy did bring up someone else." I said, trying to broach the subject as carefully as I possibly could.

Blake gave me a quizzical look. "Who?" I said nothing and looked at her, with an unsure look on my face. She slowly put her burger down.

"No..." She said, slowly. I nodded. "Really?" she asked, pitching her head to one side. I nodded again. "I'm too...Washington. And you've already been elected statewide, wouldn't the party be afraid of a dynasty or something?"

"Betsy said you're one of the most brilliant political minds she's ever met. And that she'd throw her full support behind you, party norms be damned. And here's the other thing," I began. I was about to tell her something I knew in every fiber of my being the moment Betsy told me she wanted Blake to run. "You'd win."

We were silent for a moment.

"We...wouldn't see each other very much while the Senate's in session." She said, looking at me. "Would you be okay with that?" She reached across the desk and placed her hand on mine.

"Don't not do this on my accord. This is 100% your decision, and whatever you choose, I'll support you completely." I said. She squeezed my hand and looked down for a beat. She looked back up at me, grinning.

"Let's do it. Let's fucking do it!" She said, leaping from her chair. I grinned back, and stood up, too.

"Good God, you are sexy as hell when you're passionate about something," I smiled, putting my arms around her waist. She placed hers around my neck, leaned in and kissed me.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »

February 14, 2019
Augusta, Maine
1:17 PM

We had swept the election, Betsy going virtually unchallenged by Independent State Treasurer Terry Hayes (a role that Hayes retained in the new Sweet administration) and Republican former DHHS Head Mary Mayhew (who retired into obscurity). The Democratic landslide gave us huge majorities in both houses. I had been named Press Secretary for the Governor, Blake Chief of Staff and Liaison for Legislative Affairs, where she quickly gained a reputation for hard-assery (while Betsy Sweet lived up to her name when it came to dealing with people, Blake had become her enforcer).

We sat in our office, staring at our computer screens in silence. I broke it.

"Is Richardson coming around on single payer?"

"He'll have to come around, or else he'll lose a primary." she said, without looking up. I sighed.

"You want a drink?"

"We can't drink on the clock, darling." She said. I reached for my briefcase.

"Well, that's a shame, I guess we're going to have to wait until we get home to crack this open." I handed her a bottle of 1995 Chardonnay. Her birth year. She smiled that smile of hers.

"You shouldn't have..." she began.

"But I did." I said. She grabbed my hand.

"Unfortunately, I can't give you your gift until we get home," she grinned. I squeezed her hand.

"Well we can probably find a broom closet or--"

"Umm...I hope I'm not interrupting anything," a voice said from our door. We both jumped.

"No, not at all Heather," I said. Heather was the Governor's private secretary. "What is it?"

"Governor Sweet would like to see you. Both of you."

As we followed Heather to the Governor's office, I whispered to Blake "Do you think we're in trouble?"

"I don't know," she whispered back.

"Darling, did you call Senator Miller a 'hateful dumbfuck' again?" I asked.

"Did you call that one reporter a 'Poliquin plant' again?" She shot back, grinning.

After Heather shuffled us into Betsy Sweet's office, she left and closed the door behind her.

"Blake. Ben. Sit, please." The Governor said, gesturing to the two armchairs in front of her desk.

"How can we help, Madam Governor?" Blake asked.

"You know I value both of you very much. I wouldn't be sitting here without either of you and your commitment to my campaign," she began. "And you're both doing just spectacular work for me now that we're in office. Really. You two are the two best people in this administration."

"Well, I..." I began, but Betsy cut me off.

"Let me finish, Ben. And you know I care about both of you deeply, like you're my own children. Which is what makes this so difficult," Blake and I exchanged glances.

"Madam Governor, if I may, I apologized to Senator Miller and Ben had absolutely nothing to do with it. I'll resign, he can stay." Blake said quickly.

"I apologized to Jack Reddick, too, and Blake had nothing to do with that. I'll resign, she can stay." I said just as quickly. Betsy looked confused.

"You guys think you're in trouble?" she asked.

"Uh...well it just sort of sounded...like it." Blake said.

"Good lord, no. You two are great. I'm giving you permission to seek other opportunities, with a presidential campaign. You're both too talented and too smart to be here in Augusta." the Governor said. "I don't want to lose you, but I don't want you to stay here at the expense of your careers out of pure loyalty to me."

Blake and I looked at each other again.

"Ma'am, if I may, we..." I stammered

"We both love working here. We're living out our dreams." Blake finished.

"I'm not telling you to leave. But if you find a campaign that you like, you have my permission to go. But only if you go together. You two work best when you work with each other. And if you don't find a Presidential candidate you like, that's more than fine by me."

We left the office.

"Is Jeff Merkley running?" Blake asked me. I shook my head.

"It looks like he’s sitting this one out. Bernie's running," I offered.

"He's too old. Gillibrand?" she said.

"I like her, but not enough to leave my work here. Kamala?"

"She already has her campaign apparatus in place, there's no room for us." We sighed.

"I guess you're stuck with me and Betsy for the next four years," I smiled.

"There are worse things than being stuck with Betsy Sweet and you for the next four years." She smiled.

Our phones vibrates simultaneously. A news alert from CNN.

ELIZABETH WARREN TO LAUNCH 2020 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN

We looked at each other, and smiled.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2018, 02:48:43 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2018, 11:46:16 AM by maineiac4434🌲🌹 »

Senators in the 122nd United States Congress:

Alabama:
Class I: Doug Jones (2018-present, Chairman of Judiciary Committee)
Class III: Martha Roby (2023-present)

Alaska:
Class II: Dan Sullivan (2015-present)
Class III: Lisa Murkowski (2002-present)

Arizona:
Class I: Kyrsten Sinema (2019-present)
Class III: Lupe Contreras (2029-present)

Arkansas:
Class II: French Hill (2029-present; nominated to replace President Tom Cotton)
Class III: John Boozman (2011-present, Minority Whip)

California:
Class I: Jess Phoenix (2022-present; nominated to replace deceased Senator Dianne Feinstein)
Class III: Kamala Harris (2017-present, Majority Whip)

Colorado:
Class II: Jason Crow (2021-present)
Class III: Michael Bennet (2009-present)

Connecticut:
Class II: Joshua M. Hall (2021-present; nominated to replace Secretary of State Chris Murphy)
Class III: Jahana Hayes (2029-present)

Delaware:
Class I: Lisa Blunt Rochester (2025-present, Chairwoman of the Budget Committee)
Class II: Chris Coons (2010-present)

Florida:
Class I: Stephanie Murphy (2025-present, Chairwoman of the Finance Committee)
Class III: Jose Javier Rodriguez (2023-present)

Georgia:
Class II: Jason Carter (2021-present)
Class III: Brian Kemp (2023-present)

Hawai'i:
Class I: Tulsi Gabbard (2021-present, Chairwoman of the Energy Committee)
Class III: Brian Schatz (2012-present)

Idaho:
Class I: Raul Labrador (2021-present)
Class III: Mike Crapo (1999-present)

Illinois:
Class I: Daniel Biss (2029-present)
Class III: Tammy Duckworth (2017-present, Chairwoman of the Armed Service Committee)

Indiana:
Class I: Trey Hollingsworth (2023-present)
Class III: Todd Young (2017-present, Minority Leader)

Iowa:
Class II: Cathy Glasson (2021-present)
Class III: Abby Finkenauer (2023-present)

Kansas:
Class II: Ty Masterson (2029-present; nominated to replace Homeland Security Secretary Kris Kobach)
Class III: Roger Marshall (2023-present)

Kentucky:
Class I: Alison Lundergan Grimes (2021-present)
Class III: Rand Paul (2011-present)

Louisiana:
Class II: Mitch Landrieu (2021-present)
Class III: John N. Kennedy (2017-present)

Maine:
Class I: Benjamin Johnston (2025-present, Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee)
Class II: Chellie Pingree (2021-present, Chairwoman of the Senate Agriculture Committee)

Maryland:
Class I: Richard Madaleno (2020-present; nominated to replace deceased Senator Ben Cardin)
Class II: Chris Van Hollen (2017-present, Chairman of the Appropriations Committee)

Massachusetts:
Class I: Ayanna Pressley (2021-present; nominated to replace Secretary of the Treasury Elizabeth Warren)
Class II: Seth Moulton (2021-present)

Michigan:
Class I: Debbie Stabenow (2001-present)
Class II: Abdul El-Sayed (2027-present, Chairman of the Environment Committee)

Minnesota:
Class I: Amy Klobuchar (2007-present, Chairwoman of the Homeland Security Committee)
Class II: Keith Ellison (2021-present, Chairman of the Banking Committee)

Mississippi:
Class I: David Baria (2019-present, Chairman of the Senate Rules Committee)
Class II: Cindy Hyde-Smith (2018-present)

Missouri:
Class I: Claire McCaskill (2007-present)
Class III: Jason Kander (2023-present, Chairman of the Veterans' Affairs Committee)

Montana:
Class I: Jon Tester (2007-present)
Class II: Steve Bullock (2021-present)

Nebraska:
Class I: Deb Fischer (2013-present)
Class II: Adrian Smith (2029-present; nominated to replace Secretary of State Ben Sasse)

Nevada:
Class I: Jacky Rosen (2019-present)
Class III: Catherine Cortez Masto (2017-present)

New Hampshire:
Class II: Mindi Messmer (2027-present)
Class III: Maggie Hassan (2017-present)

New Jersey:
Class I: John Wisniewski (2019-present)
Class II: Cory Booker (2013-present)

New Mexico:
Class I: Martin Heinrich (2013-present)
Class II: Michael Padilla (2027-present)

New York:
Class I: Kirsten Gillibrand (2009-present, Majority Leader)
Class III: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (2025-present, Chairwoman of the HELP Committee)

North Carolina:
Class II: Don Davis (2021-present)
Class III: Chad Barefoot (2029-present)

North Dakota:
Class I: Heidi Heitkamp (2013-present)
Class III: John Hoeven (2011-present)

Ohio:
Class I: Tim Ryan (2021-present; nominated to replace Secretary of Labor Sherrod Brown)
Class III: Rob Portman (2011-present)

Oklahoma:
Class II: Todd Lamb (2023-present; nominated to replace deceased Senator Jim Inhofe)
Class III: Josh Breechen (2029-present; nominated to replace Treasury Secretary James Lankford)

Oregon:
Class I: Jeff Merkley (2009-present)
Class III: Tina Kotek (2021-present; nominated to replace Secretary of Homeland Security Ron Wyden)

Pennsylvania:
Class I: Bob Casey (2007-present)
Class III: John Fetterman (2023-present, Chairman of the Small Business Committee)

Rhode Island:
Class I: Erin Lynch (2025-present)
Class II: Jorge Elorza (2027-present)

South Carolina:
Class II: Bakari Sellers (2021-present)
Class III: Tim Scott (2013-present)

South Dakota:
Class II: Kristi Noem (2027-present)
Class III: John Thune (2005-present)

Tennessee:
Class I: Jack Johnson (2025-present)
Class II: Lamar Alexander (2003-present)

Texas:
Class I: Beto O'Rourke (2019-present)
Class II: John Ratcliffe (2028-present; nominated to replace deceased Senator John Cornyn)

Utah:
Class I: Tagg Romney (2025-present)
Class III: Mike Lee (2011-present)

Vermont:
Class I: Tim Ashe (2030-present; nominated to replace deceased Senator Bernie Sanders)*
Class III: David Zuckerman (2023-present)*

Virginia:
Class I: Justin Fairfax (2021-present; nominated to replace Attorney General Tim Kaine)
Class II: Mark Warner (2009-present)

Washington:
Class I: Pramila Jayapal (2025-present, Chairwoman of the Commerce & Science Committee)
Class III: Patty Murray (1993-present)

West Virginia:
Class I: Richard Ojeda (2025-present)
Class II: Carte Goodwin (2027-present)

Wisconsin:
Class I: Sean Duffy (2025-present)
Class III: Mike Gallagher (2023-present)

Wyoming:
Class I: John Barrasso (2007-present)
Class II: Liz Cheney (2024-present; nominated to replace deceased Senator Mike Enzi)

*Ashe and Zuckerman are members of the Vermont Progressive Party; they caucus with the Democrats
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2018, 10:32:42 AM »

Stabenow is the Dean of the Senate? Must have been several serious waves to get rid of every senator serving before 2001
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2018, 12:02:42 PM »

Obviously wishful thinking, Maineiac, but that can be forgiven. My real question is how Wisniewski is going to usurp Menendez for the nomination since the primary was weeks ago.
Butterfly effect, maybe?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2018, 02:11:39 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2018, 04:08:00 PM by maineiac4434🌲🌹 »

Obviously wishful thinking, Maineiac, but that can be forgiven. My real question is how Wisniewski is going to usurp Menendez for the nomination since the primary was weeks ago.
Butterfly effect, maybe?
Menendez got Torricelli’d.

But the point of divergence is roughly Betsy Sweet winning the Democratic gubernatorial primary in 2018, propelling Blake and Ben into the political spotlight in Maine and supercharging their careers.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2018, 02:12:14 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2018, 04:09:25 PM by maineiac4434🌲🌹 »

Stabenow is the Dean of the Senate? Must have been several serious waves to get rid of every senator serving before 2001
Patty Murray is dean, she’s been serving since 1993. I just got tired.

I also looked at the ages of current Senators; anyone over 70 was instantly thrown out, because we’re 15 years in the future and those people will be in their mid-80s.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »

What's the Senate balance?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2018, 02:54:49 PM »

Large Democratic majority due to the “eight year wave” of 2018-2026.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »

Finished the Senate list.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length