Debate Central
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:38:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Debate Central
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Debate Central  (Read 1257 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »
« edited: February 06, 2018, 01:53:24 AM by EAGLES WIN!!!!!!!!!! »

Given that a: we are getting somewhat close to the February general, and b: we have recently had a remarkable uptick in the number of Atlasian publications, I thought this would be a good thing to do. Essentially, candidates in certain races can express their interest in participating in one or more debates, and then publications can express their interest regarding which races they would prefer to cover (including both primaries and general). Random drawing will then be used to decide who gets to host which debates, as well as timings. This will ensure that each publication has their part in this process.

President (open for publications to declare interest)

Committed Candidates
Pres. Fhtagn
Sen. Pericles

Interested Media Outlets
Handled independently

Vice President

Committed Candidates
Vice President PiT
Mike Wells

Interested Media Outlets
none

House of Representatives

Committed Candidates
Rep. W. X. Transit
Speaker. North C. Yankee
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »

I hope that all of the House candidates can agree to hold a debate this time, because Atlasia needs to hear why we should get elected, and decide for themselves.

In addition, this would also be in accordance with the (potential) Make Atlasia Debate Again Act, if it's on a regular basis.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 07:48:23 PM »

I hope that all of the House candidates can agree to hold a debate this time, because Atlasia needs to hear why we should get elected, and decide for themselves.

In addition, this would also be in accordance with the (potential) Make Atlasia Debate Again Act, if it's on a regular basis.

Absolutely agree with you on the House debate. I also think we should be hosting more debates at the state level; the Southern elections went by without a peep from like half the candidates.

Obviously, if MADA passes, the newly created agency will be the ones organizing the debates, however, I do believe it is ill-advised for the government to directly decide which organizations should host the debates, or to hold the debates themselves (assuming other publications are available to do so).

Anyway, if you run a publication and are interested in hosting debates, reply to this thread and let me know.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:56:27 PM »

I messaged wxtransit and weatherboy about this since they run Atlasian media outlets, but I think a VP debate would be pretty cool to do, since the VP does actually do things, and no one ever seems to run one of these.
DFL

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »

The API would be more than happy to hold a debate of any candidates running for office
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 08:15:42 PM »

Alright, let's do it like this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Once I get two (2) of these for a single-member office or four (4) for a multi-member office (posted in this thread please), I'll open the bidding for hosting the debates and we can negotiate on the number and timing.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 08:34:58 PM »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for House of Representatives to be held in February, 2018, for as long as I am contesting the election.

In addition, I remove myself from consideration for moderation of the aforementioned debate in my capacity as Senior Correspondent with the Atlasian Political Inquirer.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:36:52 PM »

Absolutely agree with you on the House debate. I also think we should be hosting more debates at the state level; the Southern elections went by without a peep from like half the candidates.

Obviously, if MADA passes, the newly created agency will be the ones organizing the debates, however, I do believe it is ill-advised for the government to directly decide which organizations should host the debates, or to hold the debates themselves (assuming other publications are available to do so).

Anyway, if you run a publication and are interested in hosting debates, reply to this thread and let me know.

Exactly. The new organization, while lead by a member appointed by the President, would be both officially and technically separated from the government in an independent organization.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »

I messaged wxtransit and weatherboy about this since they run Atlasian media outlets, but I think a VP debate would be pretty cool to do, since the VP does actually do things, and no one ever seems to run one of these.

Wells and I are fine with a VP debate.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 08:49:53 PM »

Exactly. The new organization, while lead by a member appointed by the President, would be both officially and technically separated from the government in an independent organization.

I still have some doubts, but I guess you are right.

I don't expect the bill to pass until we're too close to the Feb election, however, so I'll be using this until then.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for VP to be held in Jan/Feb 2018 for as long as I am contesting the election.

x Mike Wells
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »

I still have some doubts, but I guess you are right.

I don't expect the bill to pass until we're too close to the Feb election, however, so I'll be using this until then.

Awesome! You're right, the bill may not even be passed before the election.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 08:54:07 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2018, 09:36:48 PM by Senator Pericles of Fremont »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for President of Atlasia to be held in Jan/Feb 2018 for as long as I am contesting the election.

x Pericles
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 09:31:53 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2018, 12:38:13 PM by President fhtagn »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for President of Atlasia to be held in February 2018 for as long as I am contesting the election.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 01:22:47 AM »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for VP to be held in Jan/Feb 2018 for as long as I am contesting the election.

x Vice President PiT
DFL

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 12:33:44 PM »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for Fremont First Minister to be held in February, 2018, for as long as I am contesting the election.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 01:40:51 PM »

Im always down to yell about policy and stuff if you ever need a talking head to fill time.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 02:28:41 PM »

Be careful with Mr. R's offer. He actually will yell.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for Lincoln Assembly to be held in February, 2018, for as long as I am contesting the election.

X Not_Madigan
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 01:51:01 AM »

I, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I will participate in a series of debates in the lead up to the election for House of Representatives to be held in February, 2018, for as long as I am contesting the election.

Signing Statement: With my present circumstances, I cannot guarantee that I won't be late in answering a given question, but participating in such a debate has long interested me and I would love to take part to the extent that I am able to.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 01:54:44 AM »

I’m always down to debate
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 01:54:51 AM »

Also, if anyone has any media outlets who are interested in holding a VP or House debate, please reply to this thread (and specifically indicate which of these races you'd be willing to do)
DFL

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 02:06:58 AM »

I’m always willing to host, but I get that pretty much anything I do is a conflict of interest in the making
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 07:06:37 AM »

I’m always willing to host, but I get that pretty much anything I do is a conflict of interest in the making

Why?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 08:26:19 AM »

Why?

He's Vice Chair of Alliance
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies