Mayor Pete
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:24:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mayor Pete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Author Topic: Mayor Pete  (Read 61510 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »

Eeeenteresting.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2018, 09:08:12 AM »

I highly prefer this system, it's just normal this way
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2018, 10:22:41 AM »

Whichever system you find works best for your writing. I'll trust the artist on this one. In the end, we'll always come back to keep reading.

P.S. I dont wanna be that guy, but I've noticed that you keep misspelling Amy Klobuchar.... Just an FYI Wink
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2018, 05:18:10 AM »

Whichever system you find works best for your writing. I'll trust the artist on this one. In the end, we'll always come back to keep reading.

P.S. I dont wanna be that guy, but I've noticed that you keep misspelling Amy Klobuchar.... Just an FYI Wink

This is new to me- thanks, I'll take note! Smiley

I highly prefer this system, it's just normal this way

Alright, I'll just keep using PoVs then, thanks!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2018, 08:05:05 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 03:04:50 PM by Parrotguy »

Gretchen

"People of Michigan, my friends and my fellow Americans, I'm so happy to be here today!" Gretchen flashed the rally crowd her brightest smile. "This is such a beautiful, sunny day today. And, let me tell  you, this sun signifies the start of something new!"

After the crowd's cheering quieted down, the Governor continued. "For the last five years, I've had the great honour of serving as Governor of this beautiful state. When I took office, Michigan was suffering many woes- the unemployment ratings were going up, our education system was failing, our industry was suffering, and my predecessor let a humanitarian crisis brew in Flint, a truly wonderful city. In the last few years, we've fixed so many of these problems- our education system is doing much better than before since we started helping our public schools, and the water in Flint is finally clean and drinkable."

"But there were some problems that, with the man sitting in the White House, we haven't been able to fix. We kept unemployment stable, we invested in our industry, but there is one change we truly must make if we want Michigan, and the entire country, prosper again. Under the leadership of the Trump administration, our economy stagnated from the era of growth under President Obama, and President Trump did not fulfill any of his promises to working class folks here in Michigan and elsewhere. Well, it's time to change that! It's time to elect someone who cares about the American people, someone with the progressive plans to help our working class and with the experience to implement them. This is why, today, I'm announcing my campaign for President of the United States!" Cheers erupted, and, riding high on their waves, Gretchen continued. "Because it's time to elect someone with the governing experience, someone who can finally implement universal healthcare for everyone, someone who knows how to bring new jobs industries to help the suffering working class of our country, someone who knows how to implement an environmental agenda to save our world from an impending disaster! Join me, and we can win this, and finally bring change to America!"

The Governor of Michigan grinned and waved to the audience as she spoke. She was the first serious candidate to announce on every side, she knew, but it was necessary- she needed to get her message out, announce before all the Governors, and especially Midwestern ones, who were likely candidates this year, and garner attention and support. She was going to take the mantle of Midwestern Governors, not Richard or Pete or Cathy. It was going to be a hard battle, but she knew she could do that- and announcing early didn't hurt. After all, Kirsten Gillibrand did that four years ago and it worked out quite well for her.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2018, 04:38:42 PM »

After all, Kirsten Gillibrand did that four years ago and it worked out quite well for her.

*Gulp*
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2018, 10:29:26 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 03:10:37 PM by Parrotguy »

Tom

Senator Cotton took a deep breath, listening to his wife giving a speech introducing him. It was a moment long in the making- for years, ever since he was elected to the Senate, Tom was planning to run for President. His 2020 plans were upset by Trump winning reelection, but now was the time- Pence, Haley, Cruz, Sasse and other likely to run would be hard to beat, but Tom believed that he could do just that- energize the Trumpian base and emerge over all the boring ones and the has-beens. He was young, after all, a rising star. All the pundits gave him high chances. He could win.

Of course, he was aware that keeping Republicans in the White House for a third time was going to be hard, especially since the one sitting there had very low approvals. But hey, Tom thought, there was always a chance- after all, weirder things happened. Like four years ago. Or eight.

Soon, he knew, candidates would start announcing one by one. He was one of the first ones of any party, following Democrats Whitmer, Gabbard and Booker and Republicans Perry and Flake, both men having zero chances. So Tom hoped to capture the soul of the base and start moving towards the inevitable clash between him and Pence, hopefully leaving the others behind. Of course, it wasn't clear who exactly would announce, as folks like Kasich, Cruz, Sasse, Hawley and Paul were still thinking, but they were pretty confident that at least Pence and Haley were going to announce. Whatever the case, polls were already coming out in a fast pace:

Out of these candidates, who would you support in the Republican Presidential Primary?
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 28%
Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR)- 10%
Fmr. Ambassador Nikki Haley (R-SC)- 9%
Senator Matt Bevin (R-KY)- 7%
Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE)- 5%
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)- 5%
Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 5%
Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)- 4%
Fmr. Gov. Larry Hogan (R-MD)- 4%
Fmr. Senator Jeff Flake- 2%
Fmr. Administrator Scott Pruitt (R-OK)- 2%
Secretary Rick Perry (R-TX)- 1%
Fmr. Gov. John Kasich (R-OH)- 1%
Other\Undecided- 17%

"So let me introduce to you my husband, the man of my life who I love so much and am so proud of... the next President of the United States, Tom Cotton!" All smiles and grins, the Senator stepped towards the stage, hugging and kissing his wife before standing near the podium and looking at the enthusiastic crowd of the Arkansas rally. Game time.

"My friends! My supporters! Fellow Americans! I'm so happy and honoured to stand before you today. For the last eight years, we've been struggling to get accomplishments through and make our country great again. An unholy alliance between the corrupt media, the crooked establishment of our own party and the globalist liberals was treating our President, our very own President, unfairly. Well, no more! It's time to take America back and fight for it, at home and abroad! This is why today, I'm announcing that I'm running for President! Let's work together, and finally bring change to our country, despite all the forces being against us!"
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »

* puking noises *
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2018, 12:28:23 PM »

Odds are impossibly low but let's go Rauner!

Also:  Can you please tell us what Rauner's approvals were when he left office?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2018, 12:39:35 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 03:11:05 PM by Parrotguy »

Odds are impossibly low but let's go Rauner!

Also: Can you please tell us what Rauner's approvals were when he left office?

Hmm... I'd say something like 41% approve, 56% disapprove. An improvement over the current situation but still underwater. He's running as the moderate, and considering Kasich's weakness (he didn't even decide to run yet), might be able to take this mantle in the primary. From there... who knows? The conservatives are split.

Edit: Rauner replaced with Hogan in August 2018
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 03:01:21 PM by Parrotguy »

Richard

"And we're sick of this! Yes, we're sick of this! For the past eight years, the American worker was hurt by the man sitting in the White House. The Republican Party constnatly tried to take away our healthcare, hurt our education system, refused to do anything to help discriminated minorities and stop murderous people from shooting up schools. They've refused to bring any progress, and instead, all they did is giving more and more benefits to big corporations, big pharma and oil, the gun and weapon industries. And we're sick of it! That's why today, I'm announcing that I'm running for President of the United States! To finally bring about change and progress, for a new era in American politics! An era of peace and advancement, an era of fairness and equality! I hope you join me on this journey! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Basking in the cheers, Governor Cordray waved and smiled to the large crowd of the Colombus rally, the first official rally of his campaign for President. It was an announcement long coming, everyone knew he was going to run- a former running mate, a popular midwestern Governor elected to two terms, it was clear to everyone that he wouldn't miss the chance. But what did surprise the media was how comparably early he announced. They thought he'd take his time, just like he did years ago in the Ohio Gubernatorial race. Well, they were wrong. He was ready to hit the ground running early and clear the field, making himself an undoubted frontrunner.

It also didn't hurt that they received some very good news a week ago, the Governor thought as he left the podium and hugged the woman coming towards it, Senator Elizabeth Warren who was ready to make a speech endorsing him. The campaign only just started, and already he had a high-profile supporter. He also had the support of the majority of Ohio's Democratic delegation, Senator Betty Sutton, and soon enough others would follow, most likely including Senators Bernie Sanders and Sherrod Brown.

The reason for Warren's endorsement and the aforementioned good news coincided. Richard smiled faintly as he recalled Anderson Cooper announcing it on CNN- "Jeff Merkley, Oregon Senator and runner-up from the 2020 primary, announced today that he will not run for President in the 2024 election. Merkley explained that he believes it's time for a new and fresh generation of leaders to rise, and that it was time to leave the divisions of 2016 and 2020 behind."

That was followed by an announcement from former Governor Jay Inslee that he's not running for President, and just like that, none of the original six major contenders for the nomination in the 2020 DNC were in. With Jeff out of the game, Rich was practically guaranteed to become the Progressive champion in the race, with his only competition being Tulsi Gabbard, practically a joke by now. And then another one dropped out of consideration- Joe Kennedy III, deterred by the many attacks against his potential candidacy on the grounds of inexperience and dynastic politics, announced that he won't be running for President this year. This cleared much of the youth vote lane for Richard. A few others, like Buttigieg and Glasson, worried him a bit, but he was sure he could overcome them. With this progressive and establishment support, he could cruise to the nomination.

His announced competition, Rich thought, wasn't anything to sweat about. Gretchen was the first. She was running on her record of a progressive Governor, but it's not like this was something Cordray couldn't offer. He didn't worry about her too much- she already proved to be a pretty bad campaigner. After Whitmer made her early announcement in March, Booker followed just like he did four years ago, announcing in Manchester, New Hampshire. Honestly, it was pitiful- the New Jersey Senator was polling among the last after being considered a rising star years ago, but his ambition drove him to run again despite the very low chances. Then Tulsi Gabbard announced, trying to sound fiery and progressive, but no one really cared.

Lastly, a few days before Richard, a semi-serious candidate announced- Ralph Northam, former Virginia Governor, was running as a relative moderate. Cordray didn't really mind, since their primary supporters wouldn't really overlap anyway. Ralph had a decent announcement, advocating for liberal reforms and competent administration. But it didn't matter. The polls were looking increasingly good for Richard, and he was going to win.

Out of these candidates, who would you support in the Democratic Presidential Primary?
Governor Richard Cordray (D-OH)- 35%
Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA)- 14%
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)- 8%
Fmr. Gov. Ralph Northam (D-VA)- 8%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 5%
Senator John Hickenlooper- 5%
Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)- 4%
Governor Cathy Glasson (D-IA)- 4%

Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)- 3%
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)- 2%
Senator Amy Klobucher (D-MN)- 1%
Other\Undecided- 11%
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »

Just noticed that you had Maryland listed twice on the 1st page of Gubernatorial races.
emcee0
Canada

« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2018, 04:46:42 PM »

bump
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2018, 04:49:16 AM »

Don't worry, this shall continue in due time, I'm not abandoning it in such an interesting point Smiley

Just noticed that you had Maryland listed twice on the 1st page of Gubernatorial races.

Oh, one of them is supposed to be Massachusetts. Fixed this, thanks for the catch!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 03:11:48 PM by Parrotguy »

Mike

It was time.

Vice President Mike Pence knew that his chances to win a third Republican term were slim- the Democratic nominee, whoever they ended up being, was heavily favoured. But nontheless, Mike was also confident that it was his last and only chance. If he waited for 2028 or 2032, he'd be an old face in a party rapidly moving on. He'd be a has-been, someone who'd remind the party of an ugly past. But now... now he was frontrunner, the flagbearer of conservatives and party leaders. Barring any unprecedented events, which he planned to work hard to prevent, he was going to be the Republican nominee. And from there... well, Trump won against all odds twice. Mike Pence could, too.

As the Vice President prepared to take the stage of the well-organized announcement rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, he pondered the opponents he was going to face in the Republican Party. They were a fairly weak bunch, luckily- Cotton and Haley were young and formidable, sure, but Tom could easily be painted as a hawk and a lightweight and Nikki became too anti-Trump for the base to elect her. They looked like Marco Rubio and John Kasich from 2016- hyped up by the media, but in the end, all for nothing. Speaking of the devils, both Kasich and Cruz announced that they were not running, removing an opponent who could drain from Mike's base.

The rest were even less scary- Bevin, who announced his run just last week, had some potential, while Perry, Flake, Hogan, Hawley and Pruitt were all inconsequential. Some pundits were speculating that Senator Hawley, who announced a month ago, could use his fresh face to appeal to voters, and even that Scott Pruitt could emerge as the Trumpist favourite, but it was all wind. Mike was not afraid of them. The polls were a reassurance that this would be fairly easy, with Mike's opponents fighting each other and leaving him to win confidently.

Out of these candidates, who would you support in the Republican Presidential Primary?
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 31%
Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR)- 12%
Fmr. Ambassador Nikki Haley (R-SC)- 8%
Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 7%
Senator Matt Bevin (R-KY)- 6%
Fmr. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)- 6%
Fmr. Gov. Larry Hogan (R-MD)- 5%
Fmr. Administrator Scott Pruitt (R-OK)- 5%
Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE)- 3%
Fmr. Senator Jeff Flake- 2%
Secretary Rick Perry (R-TX)- 2%
Other\Undecided- 14%

Finally, his wife's words invited Mike to take the stage. "And I want you all to welcome my husband, the man of my life, your Vice President and the next President of the United States- Mike Richard Pence!"

Mike walked to the stage, all smiles and grins, and gave his wife a huge and a modest kiss before taking his place before the podium. "My fellow Americans. People of Iowa. Welcome to the beginning of something new- of a movement that will bring the new conservative revolution to our great country!"
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2018, 04:47:16 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 03:03:48 PM by Parrotguy »

Gavin

"Governor Brown, Senator Harris, Mayor Garcetti, great people of California and my fellow Americans." Gavin Newsom smiled at the large crowd of the Sacramento rally, hoping he looks handsome and charismatic enough. "For the past eight years, we've been ignored by Washington. The White House was controlled by a corrupt man, unstable and incompetent, surrounded by special interests and greedy advisors. Now, it's time for change!"

The current Governor of California grinned and basked in the cheering of the crowd. "Thank you. Thank you. For the past five years, I've been leading this amazing state. I've seen what California can be capable of- what America can be capable of. We've promoted alternative energy, making our state largely reliant on renewable sources of energy rather than the environmentally damaging, finite fossil fuel that President Trump and other Republican billionaires are trying to promote. We've passed a revolutionary single-payer healthcare system in our state, and finally made sure every Californian's health is covered. We've ensured fair and equal voting rights, drastically lowered tuition costs for college students, created hundreds of thousands of jobs, protected innocent immigrants and their children who are persecuted by the administration in Washington, and made our economy one of the biggest in the world alone. And what we've accomplished her in California, we can transfer nationwide!"

Gavin continued grinning as more cheering erupted from the crowd. Behind him were standing Senator Kamala Harris, former Mayor Eric Garcetti, former Governor Jerry Brown and congressmen Ro Khanna, Eric Swalwell, Hans Keirstead, Ted Lieu and Linda Sánchez. His first endorsers, and, Gavin hoped, the first on a long list of names that will support his campaign. "So this is why I'm here today, my friends. To ask you all- join me! Join me, and let's bring our experience, our energy, our progress, from California to Washington! I'm running for President, because we're sick of the tired old faces! Because it's time for something fresh, something new, a progressive with results! I am Governor Gavin Newsom, and I'm running for President!"

As the crowd erupted in cheers, louder than before, Gavin smiled again and waved at them, looking at the faces darkened by the light projected around him. He was surrounded by large pictures of himself, his campaign slogan written above them in blue letters. Gavin Newsome 2024: Energy. Progress. Results. They wanted to create a contrast with the frontrunner, Cordray- Gavin's youth and his progressive results as a blue-state Governor were supposed to be what gives them the advantage against the less-than-charismatic Ohio Governor. And the polls were showing that, indeed, Gavin was in the best position to challenge Rich- his competitors, like Whitmer, Northam, Booker, Gabbard and the yet-to-announce Hickenlooper did not worry him too mcuh. They were either too boring, or too old, or both. Sinema could be threatening if and when she ran, he supposed, but not much to sweat about. Klobucher recently said that she would not run- not that she was a threat- and Lincoln Chafee's announcement wasn't much to fear either, with him making one last futile attempt to revive his Presidential ambitions after (impressively, Gavin had to admit) successfully primarying former Governor Raimondom, winning the Gubernatorial race and then winning a second consecutive, third overall term as Rhode Island Governor in 2022.

The only ones that actually worried the California Governor were the couple of young rustbelt Govenors- Buttigieg was charismatic and would probably beat Newsom for the lgbtq vote, while Glasson was essentially guaranteed an Iowa victory if she ran and could gain a lot of steam with her charisma and progressive credentials afterwards. But both were far from certain to run, so Gavin could still hope he'd not have to handle them. And if they ran- well, he'd dispatch them too.

Out of these candidates, who would you support in the Democratic Presidential Primary?
Governor Richard Cordray (D-OH)- 30%
Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA)- 16%
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)- 10%
Fmr. Gov. Ralph Northam (D-VA)- 7%
Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)- 6%
Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)- 4%
Senator John Hickenlooper- 4%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 4%
Governor Cathy Glasson (D-IA)- 3%
Governor Lincoln Chafee (D-RI)- 2%
U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)- 2%
Other\Undecided- 12%
MycroftCZ

« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »

This race is gonna be CRAZY
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2018, 01:10:42 PM »

#StillRanding
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »

SoonTM Tongue
emcee0
Canada

« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57:25 PM »

Please continue Smiley
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2018, 02:35:47 PM »

No worries- once I'm done with the midterms in my other timeline, this will take the center stage again Smiley
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2018, 09:47:35 AM »

Don’t let this die
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2018, 03:32:23 AM »

You forgot one thing, David Ige won’t be the Dem nominee in Hawaii. Colleen Hanabusa is the presumptive nominee.

Wink
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2018, 01:47:52 PM »

In all honesty the most surprising thing about this timeline is that Trump is still alive as of the summer of 2023
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2018, 03:56:26 PM »

Is this dead
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies