The Nyman Questioner Volume 2018 (WE'RE BACK)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:30:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nyman Questioner Volume 2018 (WE'RE BACK)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Nyman Questioner Volume 2018 (WE'RE BACK)  (Read 4010 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 09:50:23 PM »

Wow, this got to two pages with only three articles. Our first thread had to have four articles for multiple pages. Our paper is generating a lot of discussion, and we're only growing.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure people have actually claimed the Federalists or at least the President are progressive.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 10:28:25 PM »

I'm pretty sure people have actually claimed the Federalists or at least the President are progressive.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »

A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE SAYING IT!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2018, 12:16:59 AM »

Who would insult us like that?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 01:41:53 AM »

Here's basically what Atlasia is right now:

Far-left

Peace Party

Left
Labor Party
Progressive Union
Peace Party

Center-left
Labor Party
Progressive Union
Federalist

Center
Federalist

Center-right
Federalist

Right
N/A

Far-right
N/A

Huh
Alliance
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2018, 01:46:47 AM »

Alliance basically fits in all the categories, from DFL on the left end to New Tennessean Politician on the right (or far right).

Also I'd put Federalists all the way to far-right given that it has members like ExtremeRepublican.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2018, 01:49:51 AM »

Alliance basically fits in all the categories, from DFL on the left end to New Tennessean Politician on the right (or far right).

Also I'd put Federalists all the way to far-right given that it has members like ExtremeRepublican.

Ya sure? Because I'm about 98% sure I'm to the right of him, and he's a Blue Dog Democrat. But I agree about Alliance's placement, I just didn't want to write it under every column. Wink

Also, the columns are meant to represent most of the caucus, but there may be some outliers (that aren't included, because they are outliers).
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2018, 02:01:30 AM »

also where's Mario Party?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2018, 02:06:59 AM »

Everywhere.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

Category: Serious News
SCANDAL: Senator-Elect in financial peril after pet pooch EATS savings
By Isaac Cummings, Senior Political Reporter

Scandal hit the already irrelevant Liberal Democrats yesterday after it emerged that party leader and Senator Elect T.S. Abyss was destitute after the family dog had eaten their family savings.  For some reason only known to Mr abyss; they had elected to keep their money in cash underneath the bed in the master bedroom.

It is believed that the Senator Elect has had to resort to extreme means to make key payments over the last few days; asking other Liberal Democrat members to support the  family in this trying time.  Unfortunately; the other member could only afford to give $20.  Support was also requested from the Labor Party however contact could not be reached after the telephone company disconnected them for non payment.  This new found poverty is likely to continue until the Senator-elect receives his first pay check - paid by all of the heard earned taxpayers reading this - in a months time.

An anonymous source in the Liberal Democrats (also known as 'the other party member') spoke to the Questioner last night and revealed their worries over Mr Abyss's fitness to serve.  "This is a man who decided that leaving all of his life savings under his bed was a sensible thing to do.  Surely we ought to reconsider whether such a person should represent the South in the Senate?"  Our source also mentioned a few other concerns that were now present including the fact that the Senator recently declared his intention to resign a minute after swearing the oath to force a special election for reasons that weren't exactly clear.

The dog, Mr Foo Foo, is in stable condition at a local medical facility after a surgery to remove the blockage.  The vet; Mr Johnson, recently announced his decision to retire in the coming weeks after coming across a significant fortune and plans to move to the Bahamas.

The Questioner's opinion on this is clear: this must be investigated by the Senate.  After all; what reasonable man keeps half a million bucks under his bed?  Perhaps that money came from ill gotten gains: perhaps the good Senator-elect has robbed a few thousand old ladies to get that money?  We will never know until it is investigated, and that should be the first priority of the new Senate.  It also shows the intelligence that you expect from the swamp creatures of Nyman: and the harm that non-competitive elections can cause.  Although one good thing comes from this: at least one major Federal politician will have to face the misery and pain that is the Atlasian welfare system.

Joanna Madigan announces Presidential run in next five elections

Joanna Madigan today announced her intention to run for office in the next five Presidential elections.  Making the announcement online; her reasoning was simply to offer the voters of Atlasia a clear choice in future elections.

"Ms Madigan only wishes to give people a choice in the next election" said our source in the campaign.  "That is also why she is running for the House; the Lincoln Senate race; for Governor of Lincoln, for the Lincoln legislature; for Prime Minister of Fremont; for the Canadian Parliament and for Dogcatcher of Hattiesburg.  We only wish to offer the voters the choice to vote for Ms Madigan who clearly wants to represent them and isn't your normal politician who only wants power".

If Ms Madigan wishes to do this; our advice would be that she seeks the Labor Party nomination.  After all; its better than a no hope candidate represents a no hope party.

We contacted the White House for comment; and they declined to respond.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2018, 09:52:15 PM »

This post is fake news about my declaration to resign, I proposed it to my constituents and it was soundly rejected, I do as my people will.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »

I approve of this memery
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2018, 10:08:29 PM »

I forgot how much I missed my own paper, lol. Isaac is rehired just for those articles, greedo can go back to wherever lost Atlasians go.

If anyone wants to write for the Nyman Questioner, shoot me a PM and I'll review your resume.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2018, 07:31:40 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2018, 07:43:37 PM by IceAgeComing »

Category: Hypocrisy

EXCLUSIVE: Representative shamelessly spends YOUR MONEY on recreational drugs - while opposing drug rights!

By ISAAC CUMMINGS, Senior Political Reporter

The problem that most normal people have with many politicians is their hypocritical outlook on life - the "do as I say, not as I do" approach that resembles a Father who's unable to explain to their son why they shouldn't do something in a way that makes sense.

But rarely has that approach been exemplified more so than in this story, where a politician brazenly spends his wages - that you all pay - on recreational drugs, some illegal, while seeking to deny you, the ordinary Atlasian, the right to do the same.  We at the Questioner do not see any problem with drug use - indeed, we see it as a positive - but we do have a very big problem with hypocracy and seek to call it out whether we see it.

So let me explain the facts of the case.  At a Congressional party in of the 4th January this year - yes, they are as sordid as you'd expect - Representative Walter X Transit was seen consuming a variety of substances blatently; in clear view of everyone in attendance.  Although we can't verify what all substances there actually were - our source attempted to but collapsed mid-investigation and was rushed to hospital - we do know that cannabis, LSD and cocaine were present at the event.  Additionally, the good Representative was boasting about how he'd acquired the cocaine that was at the party, describing it as being from "my own personal stash".  So the Congressman spent his money - the money that we all sort so hard to earn and dutifully pay our fair share in taxes on to create a better world for everyone - on cocaine.

Yet lets look at the public statements of the Representative.  Prior to getting elected, he stated that he was against drug rights; and that he sought more restrictive drug control measures - on even Cannabis, a drug that the vast majority of Atlasians support remaining legal.  Why is it then that he is allowed to partake in the drugs that he wants to ban for others?  Not only that; if he supports prohibition, how then does he square the circle of supporting that while spending tax payers money on cocaine?  This sort of "one rule for us, another for the people" imperialistic rule is typical of the Nyman swamp; and in the current elections it is our duty to evict the most blatent of the swamp creatures and return them to where they came from - Florida, most probably.

When approached for a comment: the representative claimed the his taking of the drugs was a joke; and that jokes are the main policy of his party.  That sort of arrogant attitude is worse than even others in Nyman - at least they tend to come up with more convincing reasons for doing things.  Atlasians ought to think: do we want people who take governing our country so flippantly in major public office?

We asked the White House for comment on this story: and a spokeperson for the President responded that she loved cannabis and regularly partook in it; and that proposals for a "Weed for All" programme would be introduced to the new Congress if she is re-elected.

We at the Questioner are assembling a list of other individuals at this party; and we shall expose other hypocrites in later issues.  Those attendees who aren't hypocrites may sleep easily at night - after all, they'll have other secrets hidden away.

It is stories like this - the truths that others refuse to tell you; exposing the hypocrites of Nyman - which show the value of the Nyman Questioner; and we thank all of you for supporting the primary free news organisation in Atlasia.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2018, 07:34:56 PM »

I plead the meme.
DFL

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2018, 07:38:09 PM »

As First Minister I've championed a "hugs-not-drugs" policy. Mr. Transit here has officially fell out of my good graces and will have a lot of explaining to do once he gets out of rehabilitation.

That's all!

-DFL
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2018, 07:41:39 PM »

ftp://
As First Minister I've championed a "hugs-not-drugs" policy. Mr. Transit here has officially fell out of my good graces and will have a lot of explaining to do once he gets out of rehabilitation.

That's all!

-DFL

So I'm going to have to ask DFL for his resignation
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2018, 07:42:56 PM »

That's all!

-DFL

Mr First Minister; Isaac Cummings from the Nyman Questioner.  If the President's "Weed for All" proposal is to be implemented at the Regional level as with healthcare and education; how would your government seek to implement it?
DFL

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2018, 07:47:07 PM »

That's all!

-DFL

Mr First Minister; Isaac Cummings from the Nyman Questioner.  If the President's "Weed for All" proposal is to be implemented at the Regional level as with healthcare and education; how would your government seek to implement it?

I'm going to be honest with you -- if Weed For All comes to Fremont, we will officially file secession proceedings and allow our region to float out into the Pacific. Weed should be distributed on the regional level, not the federal level. It's fresher that way.

Thank you for your much-needed reporting, sir. Atlasians deserve the truth.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »

That's all!

-DFL

I'm going to be honest with you -- if Weed For All comes to Fremont, we will officially file secession proceedings and allow our region to float out into the Pacific. Weed should be distributed on the regional level, not the federal level. It's fresher that way.

And then Alliance will become like the INC, there will be a Alliance (W) faction led by me and an Alliance (D) faction lead by DFL because meme
DFL

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »

That's all!

-DFL

And then Alliance will become like the INC, there will be a Alliance (W) faction led by me and an Alliance (D) faction lead by DFL because meme

That's where you're wrong, wx-drugmeister. I will leave Alliance and form the Alliance Against Drugs (AAD) and lead our nation to morally respectable territory.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »

That's all!

-DFL

That's where you're wrong, wx-drugmeister. I will leave Alliance and form the Alliance Against Drugs (AAD) and lead our nation to morally respectable territory.

Oof.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »

That's all!

-DFL

Oof.

Join Mario Party...you know you want to.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »

Lol these last six, seven posts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length