Polish Politics and Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:17:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Polish Politics and Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 56
Author Topic: Polish Politics and Elections  (Read 107724 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: July 12, 2020, 05:05:19 PM »

Why cannot they release partial results?  They are taking all the fun out of this. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #651 on: July 12, 2020, 05:05:40 PM »

Oh well.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #652 on: July 12, 2020, 05:06:57 PM »

'Poland has accepted Hungary's friendship request.'
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #653 on: July 12, 2020, 05:11:41 PM »

Is it over?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #654 on: July 12, 2020, 05:13:30 PM »

Not sure about that.   It does seem the exit poll does not take into account the international vote.  Sure, I would prefer to be Duda than not. But it is not a lock for him yet. 
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #655 on: July 12, 2020, 05:14:43 PM »

Well, we won't know until the votes are counted. Duda however has much more upside.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #656 on: July 12, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 05:23:23 PM by Mike88 »

It's too close to call.

But whoever wins will preside over a deeply divided country and I don't know if there's room for unity in Poland, specially during these troubling times.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #657 on: July 12, 2020, 05:25:15 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 05:32:35 PM by Uncle Ruckus, No Relation. »

Not sure about that.   It does seem the exit poll does not take into account the international vote.  Sure, I would prefer to be Duda than not. But it is not a lock for him yet.  

I'm "sure" either, but let's say I'm not hopeful.

You better make Scotland independent fast, because I may need a place to take refugee. I'm only half-joking.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #658 on: July 12, 2020, 05:27:43 PM »

It appears the voting in Split, Croatia, is still ongoing and can go as far as five more hours.

There's a rule that if you were in line before the polls closing time, you'll still get to vote, and it appears to extend to voting abroad. It's not just Poles living abroad that votes abroad, but people on holiday as well.

390 registered to vote in Dalmatia for the first round, but now they expect it could be as many as three thousand.

Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #659 on: July 12, 2020, 05:42:40 PM »

Kosiniak-Kamysz would have won.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #660 on: July 12, 2020, 05:52:14 PM »

Well, votes are now being counted on the official site.
adma
« Reply #661 on: July 12, 2020, 05:54:47 PM »

From EUElects liveblog:

Andrzej Duda won in Canada. He recieved 4720, while Trzaskowski recieved 3119. Despite this fact, Duda won only in Toronto, while Trzaskowski in Vancouver, Montreal and Ottawa.

I thought the overseas vote was supposed to be pro-Trazskowski?

It is...outside of NA.

Toronto's probably got more of an "Ethnoburban Conservative" streak--the same thing that buoys Ford Nation...
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #662 on: July 12, 2020, 07:07:06 PM »

From EUElects liveblog:

Andrzej Duda won in Canada. He recieved 4720, while Trzaskowski recieved 3119. Despite this fact, Duda won only in Toronto, while Trzaskowski in Vancouver, Montreal and Ottawa.

It is...outside of NA.

Toronto's probably got more of an "Ethnoburban Conservative" streak--the same thing that buoys Ford Nation...

Interesting that overseas voters in North America being more right wing is a thing for pretty much every country that has overseas voting that I know of. In the US I guess it's explained by osmosis from the Republicans and much more conservative public discourse, but I wonder why this is happening in Toronto - it's not like Fordismo has a huge media presence or an influential political party (seeing that everyone hates Dough now). Perhaps more culturally conservative people moving to places with larger Polish communities, i.e. only Toronto?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #663 on: July 12, 2020, 07:07:58 PM »

Can you post the link.  I do not see anything
Logical

« Reply #664 on: July 12, 2020, 07:10:47 PM »

Final late poll (combination of exit polling and actual results)
AD - 51%
RT - 49%

MOE 1%
Foreign votes aren't included for the late poll.
Trzaskowski can still win, but his chances are getting slimmer.
bigic
Serbia and Montenegro

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: -7.30

« Reply #665 on: July 12, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »

Interesting that overseas voters in North America being more right wing is a thing for pretty much every country that has overseas voting that I know of. In the US I guess it's explained by osmosis from the Republicans and much more conservative public discourse, but I wonder why this is happening in Toronto - it's not like Fordismo has a huge media presence or an influential political party (seeing that everyone hates Dough now). Perhaps more culturally conservative people moving to places with larger Polish communities, i.e. only Toronto?
Or it has to do with nature of emigration (economic vs. political). As a rule, political emigrants from (post-)communist countries are more right-wing than economic emigrants.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #666 on: July 12, 2020, 07:13:56 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 07:36:14 PM by Oryxslayer »

Late Late projection for the polish vote is now 51-49 Duda. No diaspora votes included. If Duda loses it will be because of the votes from abroad.

Can you post the link.  I do not see anything

It's horribly designed, probably purposefully. If you click on a locality all the way down to the precint/poll level, you can see the results for said precinct/poll. Any higher and it's only the counted votes displayed. Someone has to run a scrape program to collect it all, and I'm not sure if there is an relatively fair media station out there who has run such a scrape.

https://wybory.gov.pl/prezydent20200628/pl/frekwencja/2/Koniec/pl
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #667 on: July 12, 2020, 07:14:17 PM »

From EUElects liveblog:

It is...outside of NA.

Much of the Toronto diaspora has been there since the 80s. Same with e.g. Chicago. Older anti-communists getting their view of the mother country from hard-right sources and voting accordingly.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #668 on: July 12, 2020, 07:20:50 PM »

exit poll by age

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #669 on: July 12, 2020, 07:23:41 PM »

Final late poll (combination of exit polling and actual results)
AD - 51%
RT - 49%

MOE 1%
Foreign votes aren't included for the late poll.
Trzaskowski can still win, but his chances are getting slimmer.

Time to accept my accolades ?

I think Duda mostly wins around the same margin as 2015, perhaps a bit less.  Something like 51-49
adma
« Reply #670 on: July 12, 2020, 07:34:56 PM »

From EUElects liveblog:

It is...outside of NA.

Much of the Toronto diaspora has been there since the 80s. Same with e.g. Chicago. Older anti-communists getting their view of the mother country from hard-right sources and voting accordingly.

But I think there's also a certain element to Toronto-style multiculturalism that essentially allows the modern-day Polish community to operate as a wholesale satellite of the "old country", with added North American conveniences.  That is, not so much the kind of "worldly cosmopolitanism" that might favour RT, as a "transplanted parochialism" that works on behalf of Duda.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #671 on: July 12, 2020, 07:37:30 PM »

I kind of take solace in the notion that due to polarization it would be even more difficult for Kaczyński to go Orban, his slim majority and the rubber-stamp President notwithstanding (because Duda himself doesn't matter, he's a mediocre man with no spine who'll sign anything his boss tells him to sign). I'd feel much more confident with Trzaskowski, who would at least veto authoritiarian projects the government passes, but it doesn't seem to be.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #672 on: July 12, 2020, 10:52:59 PM »

The typical right-wing populism voting pattern.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #673 on: July 12, 2020, 11:07:57 PM »

Is it? The usual pattern for the National Front, or the AfD, or the Sweden Democrats (and I think for Wilders' PVV) is strength with middle-aged voters and weakness with the very young and the very old. PiS has patterns typical of a conservative party of government in eastern Europe, but I don't think that's the same thing as right-wing populism. (For instance when the Slovakian Social Democrats -- who notwithstanding the name did not actually have positions all that different from PiS -- were defeated earlier this year their greatest strength was also with older voters).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #674 on: July 12, 2020, 11:44:28 PM »

Late Late projection for the polish vote is now 51-49 Duda. No diaspora votes included. If Duda loses it will be because of the votes from abroad.

Can you post the link.  I do not see anything

It's horribly designed, probably purposefully. If you click on a locality all the way down to the precint/poll level, you can see the results for said precinct/poll. Any higher and it's only the counted votes displayed. Someone has to run a scrape program to collect it all, and I'm not sure if there is an relatively fair media station out there who has run such a scrape.

https://wybory.gov.pl/prezydent20200628/pl/frekwencja/2/Koniec/pl

That is only the turnout page, not actual results ...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies