The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104978 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: July 08, 2018, 02:07:09 PM »

Same
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #601 on: July 08, 2018, 02:07:38 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #602 on: July 08, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »

Breaking News: Mike Espy Defeats Chris McDaniel in the Mississippi Senate Special Election Runoff, and will become the first Democratic Senator from the state in 30 years.

Wolf Blitzer: CNN is now ready to make a major projection and that is that Mike Espy the Democrat will defeat Chris McDaniel the Republican and will become the first the Democrat to hold a Senate seat in this solidly Republican State since John Stennis left the Senate back in January of 1989.

Jake Tapper: And of course back then Mississippi was a Democratic State

Wolf Blitzer: Ana what do you think this will mean for the President's agenda for the next two years

Ana Navarro: Really not much different than if the Republicans won this seat and you could argue helps. The reason it could help is this result shows the Far Right in the party just cant win while on the other hand the members of the President's wing of the party have dominated politics for the past 6 years which shows that people just didnt vote for the Republican all these years but rather that they liked how the President and his wing of the party governed and thats why they were rewarded for it for all these years.

Dana Bash: I agree but the fact is now the Republicans will need 7 Democrats to break a filibuster instead of 6 which means bills will take more time to pass thus overall less of the President's agenda will pass.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #603 on: July 09, 2018, 03:10:42 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2018, 03:25:13 AM by Old School Republican »

President Romney and Canadian Prime Minister Scheer Announce that the US and Canada will recognize Jerusalem as Israel's Capital and move their embassy to Jerusalem as well.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #604 on: July 09, 2018, 10:43:37 AM »

Nice! Anything about Netanyahu's corruption investigation? 2019 is the year we might get an indictment.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #605 on: July 09, 2018, 12:06:33 PM »

Nice! Anything about Netanyahu's corruption investigation? 2019 is the year we might get an indictment.

I really don’t know anything about domestic Israeli politics (other than what is reported on the news here ) so let’s just say things remain as about the same as OTL for Domestic Israeli Politics.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #606 on: July 09, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »

I really don’t know anything about domestic Israeli politics (other than what is reported on the news here ) so let’s just say things remain as about the same as OTL for Domestic Israeli Politics.

I see, that makes sense. I'll keep hoping that Bibi will be indicted and forced to retire in OTL Tongue
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #607 on: July 10, 2018, 02:57:22 AM »

Interview With Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumar on the Midterm Results, Romney's decision to move embassy and what he plans to do with a larger caucus over the next two years

Anderson Cooper: I want to thank you, Senator Schumer, for coming

Schumer: Pleasure is mine

Cooper: What is your reaction to Romney decision to move the embassy to Jerusalem

Schumer: I support the decision as Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and I am happy that we are recognizing

Cooper: Many in your party disagree though , maybe both

Schumer: Well we are a big tent party so their will be differences on some issues

Cooper: So lets move on, after 6 years spent in the political wilderness the Democrats finally made gains which will give you guys some power again. What do you plan to do with it

Schumer: Well we plan to put to slow down the right wing agenda as much as we can over the next two years and with 53 Senators I believe we can stop far right bills like that union bill what came up this year from passing and stop far right judges from replacing liberal judges.

Cooper: So your saying you will use the filibuster

Schumer: If the President and the GOP want to support more anti-union legislation for example yes we will use it but if the President and GOP make the bill more moderate and give some concessions we will be willing to work together on the isses.

Cooper: Cant the GOP just pass legislation through budgetary means

Schumer: Depends on legislation if its another tax cut yes but if it is their tort reform bill they want to pass, they cant use budgetary methods to override the 60 vote rule.

Cooper: How were the last 6 years like

Schumer: Terrible as the Republicans were able to do whatever they wanted and ran all over us due to that so the past 6 years were bad but now those days are over and the Republicans must work with us now as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #608 on: July 10, 2018, 03:32:28 AM »

Romney's Approvals and extremely early 2020 Polls:

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 49%
Disapprove: 49%

Republican Primary 2020 Polls:
Vice President Rob Portman 40%
Senator Jeb Bush 20%
Governor Scott Walker 13%
Senator Rand Paul 8%
Governor Charlie Baker 6%
Governor Bruce Rauner 6%
UN Ambassador Nikki Haley 4%
Congressman Paul Ryan 2%
Attorney General Brian Sandoval: 1%

Democratic Primary Polls:

Former Vice President Joe Biden 19%
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand 17%
Governor Gretchen Whitmer 15%
Former Governor Mike Beebe 12%
Senator Brian Scheweitzer 11%
Senator Cory Booker: 9%
Senator Kamala Harris: 8%
Governor Andrew Cuomo : 4%
Governor Jason Kander: 4%
Governor Paul Davis 1%
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #609 on: July 10, 2018, 08:24:43 AM »

I think ITTL I'd like a Whitmer/Booker ticket in 2020.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #610 on: July 10, 2018, 09:27:22 PM »

Why Ed Markey of all people for MA?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #611 on: July 11, 2018, 01:11:39 AM »

Warren lost in 2012 and Markey was one of the longest-serving Democrats in the House in MA so he was the best bet the Democrats had of taking that seat back.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #612 on: July 11, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2018, 01:47:09 AM by Old School Republican »

Romney announces list of Administration's top legislative goals over the next two years

Domestic Policy:

- Tort Reform
- Energy Reform Round 2
- Public Housing Reform
- Get a Free Market solution to Climate Change passed Globally
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #613 on: July 11, 2018, 02:14:25 AM »

Breaking News: Major Unrest in Venezuela as Economic Situation Worsens

Kate Bolduan : We have some breaking news coming from Venezuela and that is that rioting and unrest has gotten worse due to the worsening economy. Its gotten so bad that it has been declared worse than both 2014 and 2017 and it is happening all throughout the country.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #614 on: July 11, 2018, 04:21:15 AM »

What was the bit in the bottom about a chemical attack on Syrian civilians? Is that a deliberate hint or not?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #615 on: July 11, 2018, 05:13:12 PM »

What was the bit in the bottom about a chemical attack on Syrian civilians? Is that a deliberate hint or not?

no there is no hint , I just forgot to get rid of that bottom part when I was posting the image 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #616 on: July 11, 2018, 06:16:53 PM »

Romney hold meeting with Cabinet Members and Advisors to discuss Venezuelan Situation. The President also schedules a meeting with many US allies to discuss the situation.

Jim Acosta: The President held an emergency meeting with members of his cabinet and his foreign policy advisory team to discuss the situation.  Present at the meeting with the President were Vice President Portman, Secretary of State Zoellick , Secretary of Defense Talent , Secretary of Homeland Security Joe Lieberman , National Security Advisor Mattis, UN Ambassador Haley, and Secretary of Commerce Secretary Luis Fortuno to discuss ways the US can react to this developing situation in Venezuela. With the economic situation getting even worse than it is , it is very possible that the situation in Venezuela could get even worse and maybe even lead to the country falling apart. The President we are told has contacted Canadia , and many European and Latin American Allies to schedule a meeting on a potential solution to this crises as well.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #617 on: July 13, 2018, 01:28:06 AM »

Romney meets with NATO Allies and Latin American Allies to discuss the Venezuelan situation and a potential joint response to it.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #618 on: July 16, 2018, 03:20:04 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2018, 11:52:11 AM by Old School Republican »

Romney Gives the 2019 State of the Union Address:

Romney:Thank You, Thank You. I want to start out by congratulating the newest members of the House and Senate of their victories in the election last November and let you know that I look forward to working with you over the next two years to make our country a better place(Applause). For the last 6 years we have made tremendous progress in solving problems such as healthcare, a broken tax system, and out of control spending but we still have lots of work to do to make America the best it possibly can be(Applause) and that requires all of us to work together(Applause).

The first issue we must deal with is energy reform. While over the past 6 years we were able to make lots of progress on the area of energy independence: By approving the Keystone Pipeline, investing in Green Energy, and working with Canada on this goal we still have much more to do. Now While many people may say the way to fixing the problems with climate change is by increasing the number of regulations they are 100% wrong as increasing regulations will hurt the industry your regular but will not help lower prices for Alternative Energy. What we must do instead is put in place policies which makes using alternative energy cheaper for average America(Applause). Now the only way we can do this is by again working with our allies and that is why I will be visiting Paris in a couple months to discuss the issue of energy with our allies (Applause) and coming to an agreement.

The Second issue we must deal with is public housing reform. Currently, in many cases throughout the nation they are badly run, and corrupt which in many areas makes the crime problem worse and doenst actually improve lives of the people living there . We cannot let another child fall through those cracks and that is why I have recently signed an executive order ordering the Department of Housing and Urban Development to find out the root causes of these problems and research different solutions to them(Applause) as of solving these problems are unacceptable. For example If corruption is the problem we must eliminate that corruption to make our nation's public housing system more effective and less costly at the same time(Applause).

Now while we have lots of stuff to do on the domestic front we still have many things to solve on the foreign policy front as well. Our most immediate crises comes in Venezuela where after years of their economy getting worse and worse due to out of the charts level inflation it now has led to a massive civil unrest throughout the nation as well . If something isnt changed now , the chances of the situation getting worse will exponentially increase and lead to terrible consequences for the Venezuelan people. That is why I am asking Congress to pass a very strict sanction bill on Venezeualan government (Applause). We also must continue or progress in rebuilding Iraq into a full-fledged democracy and so far I can report to you we are succeeding(Standing OVation)

Thank You Again , May God Bless you and May God Bless America
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #619 on: July 16, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »

Shouldn't that be the 2019 state of the union message?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #620 on: July 16, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »

Shouldn't that be the 2019 state of the union message?

Yup
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #621 on: July 17, 2018, 02:16:03 AM »

Governor Jason Kander gives the democratic response to the President's state of the union

Kander: Good Evening, my name is Jason Kander and I am currently the Governor of the great state of Missouri. Tonight I want to talk to you about my thoughts about what the President talked about tonight in his state of the union , and what I think we should do instead to solve those problems. The first thing the President talked about today was the fact that we need to pass a comprehensive energy reform to put America on the path of Energy Independence and solve the climate crises but his solution is just not feasible. His solution would not phase out the usage of fossil fuels which we desperately need to do to reduce the effects of Climate Change because his plan still encourages the usage of them . Now the President's belief is the solution to be left completely to the market, and if you do that Alternative Energy will prosper and while that would be a feasible solution if the Alternative Energy industry had the same power as the fossil fuel one, but it doenst so that plan just wont work . The reason it wont work is because Fossil Fuels companies have so much power they can use it to keep their prices much lower than Alternative Energy sources and thus it crushes the alternative energy companies ability to come up. Instead, we should regulate Fossil Fuels so we can create an even playing field between fossil fuels and Alternative Energy.

The other issue the resident talked about is public housing and how we need to reform it. While I agree it has many problems the fact is Republicans for decades and decades now have believed we should cut funding for programs such as public housings and due to that it has resulted in public housing programs being underfunded which makes it easier for corruption to foster and criminals to thrive . So the first way to fix that is by restoring funding to the program so those things dont happen. Then we must reform our education system because the only way poor kids can move up in life is through a good education and we must provide that no matter where they live . This will help break the corruption and crime cycle inflicting not just public housing neighborhoods but many inner cities in general and the best way to solve that is by giving a kid an equal oppurtinty as the kid living in a rich neighborhood to have a good education and succeed in life.

Thank You , God Bless You and May God Bless America
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2018, 08:47:47 PM »

So I literally had a dream a few days ago where this timeline was reality...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »

So I literally had a dream a few days ago where this timeline was reality...

If this timeline was reality wouldn’t you like the state of the US much better than the state of the US now
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #624 on: July 17, 2018, 10:08:59 PM »

Breaking News: Venezuelan Military Fires at protestors in Maracaibo , and then declares Martial Law in the city. More protests break out throughout the country due to this

Anderson Cooper: We have breaking news coming out of Venezuela and that is their military fired shots at protestors in Maracaibo killing many protestors and now have declared martial law in that city. This though has only made the situation more unstable as protests now have broken out throughout the country as a result of this. The President will give a speech about this incident in an hour and will announce the actions he has decided to take in response to this .
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies