Duckworth torches Trump won't be lectured by 'cadet bone spurs'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:36:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Duckworth torches Trump won't be lectured by 'cadet bone spurs'
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Duckworth torches Trump won't be lectured by 'cadet bone spurs'  (Read 2268 times)
henster
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:20:47 AM »

If she's considering a 2020 run this was definitely a good moment to get people's attention.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/369960-dem-slams-trump-i-wont-be-lectured-on-military-needs-by-a-five-deferment
Joey1996

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »

Jeeeez, part of me wants her to be the Democratic nod just to see her clown Trump while he awkwardly avoids jabs at her.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »

Could you even imagine if he attacked a double amputee war hero?

"Well if she was actually a better pilot she'd still have her legs..."
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:48:20 AM »

Remember 2002 Georgia kiddies, being an amputee is simply no guarantee against the party of chickenhawks.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »

Remember 2002 Georgia kiddies, being an amputee is simply no guarantee against the party of chickenhawks.

Yeah, it's not wise to bet against the hypocrisy and malice of the right-wing. Trump attacked McCain for being a prisoner of war, the family of a fallen war hero, dodged the draft due to "bone spurs," joked about experiencing his "own personal Vietnam" avoiding STDs, disrespected the widow of a fallen soldier, and now McConnell went out of his way to prevent military personnel from being paid. None of that has or will affect the way the self-proclaimed "real Americans," "patriots," and "supporters of our troops" embrace and champion the same politicians who routinely disrespect and endanger our soldiers and their families.

In the event Duckworth decides to run and/or Trump attacks her for her military service, his supporters will simply do as outlined in my signature.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:30:53 AM »

Yeah, it's not wise to bet against the hypocrisy and malice of the right-wing. Trump attacked McCain for being a prisoner of war, the family of a fallen war hero, dodged the draft due to "bone spurs," joked about experiencing his "own personal Vietnam" avoiding STDs, disrespected the widow of a fallen soldier, and now McConnell went out of his way to prevent military personnel from being paid. None of that has or will affect the way the self-proclaimed "real Americans," "patriots," and "supporters of our troops" embrace and champion the same politicians who routinely disrespect and endanger our soldiers and their families.

In the event Duckworth decides to run and/or Trump attacks her for her military service, his supporters will simply do as outlined in my signature.

Well the nation at large is not 2002 GA.
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »

Dodging the Vietnam draft was the morally superior option to killing brown people for nothing, but it’s more than a fair criticism when levied at disgusting scions like Trump. Some poor kid probably took his place and came back with a lot worse than “bone spurs.”
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 12:32:41 PM »

"Hello my friend, in case you didn't know..."
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 12:34:54 PM »

Well the nation at large is not 2002 GA.

Worse, it's North Carolina after 2010.

Also, even if it weren't, and were about as fair as 2004, Kerry still got "swiftboated".
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 12:36:38 PM »

His supporters would eat it up, just like his criticism of McCain. I can absolutely see Fox and Friends having a discussion about how Tammy Duckworth is a prime example of why women shouldn't be allowed in combat because they might get hurt, or something.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 12:45:10 PM »

Endorsed.
Joey1996

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »

His supporters would eat it up, just like his criticism of McCain. I can absolutely see Fox and Friends having a discussion about how Tammy Duckworth is a prime example of why women shouldn't be allowed in combat because they might get hurt, or something.

I really hope he wouldn't go there
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 01:16:02 PM »

Wow! I love Duckworth! Man, I dare Trump to jab her, not that he has proven that he is above that.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 03:33:19 PM »

Tammy Duckworth should give the Democrat response to Trump's SOTU.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 03:51:19 PM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »

Tammy Duckworth should give the Democrat response to Trump's SOTU.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 05:03:29 PM »

I can imagine President Trump saying something like "I prefer people who successfully avoid landmines". This man is cruel.

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 05:28:19 PM »

After this speech I am very interested to see what Duckworth's future ambitions are.

I can imagine President Trump saying something like "I prefer people who successfully avoid landmines". This man is cruel.

So infuriating, yet it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Trump pretty much has no hear and he'll prove it to the global public repeatedly while most of his base will convince themselves that this is what patriotism looks like.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »

Come on, make it a little realistic. "You don't see too many of our service men stepping on landmines, that I can tell you."

That way in this scenario, conservatives can at least pretend it wasn't intentional and he was just stating a fact - "Liberals are outraged, but here's the real numbers - only .004% of our military suffered a mine-related amputation last year. There was no sexism, just hard data from our Commander in Chief relating to military injuries."
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »

Trump fans don't care about this, or anything vile he would say in response. On the Youtube video of Kirk mocking her ancestry they applaud him and say "he owned her" and other apish nonsense, despite the fact that on the video she clearly explained how her family went back to the Revolutionary War days. They don't care about facts in the slightest.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies