Non-White groups that normally vote for right wing parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:02:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Non-White groups that normally vote for right wing parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Non-White groups that normally vote for right wing parties  (Read 2597 times)
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 08:13:29 AM »

What about hmongs and christian arabs in US?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »

Most Lebanese people I know are republican based on what they post on facebook and stuff. I dont know any hmong people though
Hydera

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »

Saint Paul W-6 P-8

https://mangomap.com/decision-desk-hq/maps/c4a924ea-08eb-11e7-8ef8-06c182e4d011?preview=true&embed=true#

80% for Clinton, 13% for Trump.

Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »

In America, Cubans and Vietnamese are beginning to vote more like other Hispanics and Asians as younger generations have no longer experienced communism firsthand, nevertheless Cubans are still mostly republican for now. Hispanos (white Hispanics descended from early Spanish settlers in the American Southwest) swung towards Trump, though I don't believe he won an outright majority. Cherokee would make sense given Oklahoma's voting patterns, but would be a major outlier from other Native Americans. Perhaps it has something to do with Oklahoma's history as formally recognized Indian Territory and their choice to convert to Christianity and integrate with whites much earlier than other tribes.

Many Christian Syrians in my area were favorable to Assad and hated Hillary. I don't know how many actually voted for Trump though.

I suspect that Japanese and Arab communities in Latin America lean right, generally being wealthier than the mestizos, mulattoes, and Amerindians. In Europe, most nonwhites seem to vote for left wing parties, despite their disagreements on social issues like gay marriage. It's possible that Muslims may form their own parties as they grow in numbers and political influence, but the only one I know of existing so far in DENK in the Netherlands, which is little more than an arm of the Turkish government. Even if they did, they probably wouldn't be right wing on economics or immigration.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 01:04:51 AM »

I assume both groups are split between the two parties, with Hmong leaning Democratic and Christian Arabs being more swingy

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 03:50:35 AM »

I'm not aware of any good data for Sweden (most individual groups would be very small) but anecdotally I would think East Asians vote right-wing. Immigrants from Africa, Latin America and the Middle East I'd expect to all vote left though. Maaybe some groups that are very Christian might vote right-wing but even that might be a stretch.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »

Cubans are more accepted as white in the US than Arabs and Middle Easterners are, regardless of what the Census Bureau says. 
The Census Bureau does not say anything about the matter.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies