Greedo and 57 Seconds
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:16:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Greedo and 57 Seconds
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greedo and 57 Seconds  (Read 842 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:27:09 PM »

It always messed with my head how Greedo registered in July, was banned 5 months later in January, yet had reached such levels of infamy in such a short span of time. So, on the atlas discord, I suggested we come up with a name for Greedo's stint on atlas. Not_Madigan suggested "57 Seconds" which is how long Greedo was alive in the original new hope before he was shot. Thoughts?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:28:57 PM »

Disclaimer:  I may be off a second or 2 either way, if anyone says the time Greedo is alive in A New Hope is different, I would be fine with being corrected, if not that should be the name for his tenure.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:29:04 PM »

Even I haven't reached that level of infamy, and I've been here since May. So I guess that makes me something like a minute and ten seconds?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 10:38:24 PM »

Didn't EHarding become notorious even faster? He was regularly posting like 40-60+ times a day, and it wasn't generally white noise either, iirc.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 12:20:14 AM »

Didn't EHarding become notorious even faster? He was regularly posting like 40-60+ times a day, and it wasn't generally white noise either, iirc.

Actually, it was Grin
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 12:50:58 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2018, 12:52:30 AM by Virginia »

Actually, it was Grin

Honestly I don't really remember the content of most of his posts, but I do remember the reason he became notorious was because of some of his views and his propensity to start arguments. He would literally camp out on Atlas all day posting, and some days he'd derail more than 1 thread doing it, which is what ended up getting him banned (in combination with other infractions). My assumption is thus that at least a good chunk of it can't be white noise because if it was, it wouldn't have caused so much trouble.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 01:15:08 AM »

Actually, it was Grin

Honestly I don't really remember the content of most of his posts, but I do remember the reason he became notorious was because of some of his views and his propensity to start arguments. He would literally camp out on Atlas all day posting, and some days he'd derail more than 1 thread doing it, which is what ended up getting him banned (in combination with other infractions). My assumption is thus that at least a good chunk of it can't be white noise because if it was, it wouldn't have caused so much trouble.

I suppose you have a point there. There are only instances that I remember him going full supremacist. The rest was annoyance.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 01:17:56 AM »

Actually, it was Grin

I suppose you have a point there. There are only instances that I remember him going full supremacist. The rest was annoyance.
I fear the day that he is unmuted.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 01:23:58 AM »

This seems great, but I'm pretty sure King Lear reached infamy in like a week.
WritOfCertiorari

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 01:26:22 AM »

Actually, it was Grin

He was basically a mix of the worst parts of TexArkana and Greedo, with none of the charm of TexArkana and none of the holiness of Greedo.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:25 AM »

I think we should stop talking about him altogether.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 03:12:54 AM »

Actually, it was Grin

He was basically a mix of the worst parts of TexArkana and Greedo, with none of the charm of TexArkana and none of the holiness of Greedo.
How sweet of you to honor me in such a way. Also 57 seconds is a bad username since Greedo has a deleted scene in TPM and is in the clone wars.
F*** off Greedo.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »

I think we should stop talking about him altogether.
Why do you people talk about posters no one cares about?
indeed.  This kind of thing only encourages future such behavior.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 03:19:20 PM »

End this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies