HI-GOV 2018: Ige faces backlash over Hawaii false alert
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:01:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-GOV 2018: Ige faces backlash over Hawaii false alert
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: HI-GOV 2018: Ige faces backlash over Hawaii false alert  (Read 7862 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2018, 06:10:51 PM »

Gabbard is a DINO.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2018, 07:51:23 PM »

Nvm #FeelTheIge
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2018, 08:20:54 PM »

Have any of you actually researched any of her positions besides Assad?

"calls for a restoration of the Glass–Steagall Act,"

"called for the breakup of Wells Fargo Bank"

"strongly opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership"

"called for an immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan"

"traveled to North Dakota to join the protests against the construction of the final leg of the Dakota Access Pipeline near the Standing Rock and Cheyenne River Indian Reservations"

"supports full funding for Medicare and Social Security and opposes efforts to reduce benefits"

"favors allowing Medicare to negotiate with prescription drug firms to secure lower prescription drug prices"

"is pro-choice"

"cosponsored a bill that would let illegal immigrants serve in the US military"

"opposed the Defense of Marriage Act"

"introduced legislation to take marijuana off the federal controlled substances list"

"spoke against Trump's executive order banning refugees"

I don't think a single Republican would agree with all those statements.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2018, 08:28:13 PM »

"traveled to North Dakota to join the protests against the construction of the final leg of the Dakota Access Pipeline near the Standing Rock and Cheyenne River Indian Reservations"

"supports full funding for Medicare and Social Security and opposes efforts to reduce benefits"

"favors allowing Medicare to negotiate with prescription drug firms to secure lower prescription drug prices"

"is pro-choice"

"introduced legislation to take marijuana off the federal controlled substances list"

I think a lot of Gabbard's bad rep comes from the fact that his father vocally opposed gay marriage.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2018, 10:55:05 PM »

Seems like Gabbard is getting in Hanabusa's good graces, if something happens to Hirono she'd be first in line to replace her.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 04:38:03 AM »

Seems like Gabbard is getting in Hanabusa's good graces, if something happens to Hirono she'd be first in line to replace her.

Exactly. Hirono has stage four cancer, and is running for re-election. I wish her the best, but the odds of her serving out another term to completion are reasonably low.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2018, 09:19:59 AM »

Exactly. Hirono has stage four cancer, and is running for re-election. I wish her the best, but the odds of her serving out another term to completion are reasonably low.

i.e. impossible. It's impolite, but it's also insane to re-elect a 70 year old person with stage four cancer.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 10:34:27 AM »

i.e. impossible. It's impolite, but it's also insane to re-elect a 70 year old person with stage four cancer.

It’s her right to seek re-election regardless of her health prospects. It’s also anybody else’s democratic right to challenge her for her seat, but nobody has stepped up, Democrat or Republican. Plenty of other Senators seek re-election at even older ages and in worse health.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2018, 06:18:43 PM »

Ige has raised more than $800,000 for re-election bid, more than Hanabusa.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/01/31/breaking-news/ige-raises-more-than-800000-for-re-election-bid/
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2018, 09:19:26 PM »

Hanabusa joined in half-way through the reporting period, and still only raised $70,000 less than him. He pledged to raise $1 million and fell embrassingly short of the goal.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 06:38:58 PM »

The great Clayton Hee Is Running For Governor!

http://www.civilbeat.org/2018/02/former-sen-clayton-hee-is-running-for-governor
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2018, 01:05:12 AM »

Kidney cancer is a different animal from most cancers. So long as it hasn't gone all through the body, it's treatable in basically any stage. As I understand it, Hirono's cancer only spread to a nearby rib, which they removed along with her ruined kidney followed by blasting the whole area with radiation. Her prognosis is actually pretty solid, given the circumstances.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2018, 06:56:44 AM »

I am still mad at Hanabusa for trying to primary my boi Shatz in 2012 (inb4 Gauche accuses me of Sexism and launches into another tirade about how Obama and Harry Reid swore Shatz in before Hirono because they were racist sexists).
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2018, 08:12:12 AM »

Thanks for reminding me to put you on ignore!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »

support ige, hanabusa is a literal classic example of oppurtunist, and I HOPE she suffers another 2014 like loss
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »

"is pro-choice"

I think a lot of Gabbard's bad rep comes from the fact that his father vocally opposed gay marriage.

As a member of the Hawaii House of Representatives, Tulsi Gabbard had this to say about a civil unions bill:

This bill is very disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made their opinion very clear on this matter. As Democrats we should be supporting the will of the people and not a small number of homosexual extremists.

Citation: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tulsi-gabbard-president-sanders-democratic-party

Tulsi Gabbard can go jump in a lake as far as I’m concerned. She only changed her positions to match the political weathervane.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2018, 01:52:45 PM »

You obviously don't know very much about her, do you?
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2018, 02:06:32 PM by Skunk »

As a member of the Hawaii House of Representatives, Tulsi Gabbard had this to say about a civil unions bill:

This bill is very disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made their opinion very clear on this matter. As Democrats we should be supporting the will of the people and not a small number of homosexual extremists.

Citation: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tulsi-gabbard-president-sanders-democratic-party

Tulsi Gabbard can go jump in a lake as far as I’m concerned. She only changed her positions to match the political weathervane.
“No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage. We do not support that.” -Joe Biden in 2008

Holding Tulsi Gabbard to views expressed in 2004 but not doing so for other politicians is a double standard that needs to stop.

Anyway, go Hanabusa.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2018, 02:07:25 PM »

"is pro-choice"

Yeah I’m well aware of that now just wasn’t at the time of the post. I mean gay marriage is not really a Congressional issue so I’m fine with her in the House but as President, no.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2018, 03:11:23 PM »

It's funny, Hanabusa and her political circle actually help elect Ige in 2014. Ben Cateyano and George Ariyoshi, 2 former Governors that are longtime Hanabusa allies supported Ige in 2014, but now support Hanabusa.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »

"is pro-choice"

I couldn't care less if Gabbard said that over a decade ago. She supports gay marriage today, and it's not like she would do anything about that.

As Skunk pointed out, the majority of Democratic politicians – Obama, Biden, Clinton included – opposed same-sex marriage at that time.

And, for sure, the will of the people has changed, has it not?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »

"is pro-choice"

Gabbard supported SSM before Hillary, who waited until it had 58% support.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2018, 05:46:48 PM »

It's funny, Hanabusa and her political circle actually help elect Ige in 2014. Ben Cateyano and George Ariyoshi, 2 former Governors that are longtime Hanabusa allies supported Ige in 2014, but now support Hanabusa.
It’s almost like Ige’s been a really incompetent governor or something
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »

“No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage. We do not support that.” -Joe Biden in 2008

Holding Tulsi Gabbard to views expressed in 2004 but not doing so for other politicians is a double standard that needs to stop.

Anyway, go Hanabusa.

Biden and Obama never said that LGBT people and other gay marriage supporters are “homosexual extremists.” That statement is just plain offensive.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2018, 06:52:01 PM »

Anyway, go Hanabusa.

Biden and Obama never said that LGBT people and other gay marriage supporters are “homosexual extremists.” That statement is just plain offensive.

Yeah the the false equivalency is getting old.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies