What white ethnic groups do you think usually vote Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:16:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What white ethnic groups do you think usually vote Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What white ethnic groups do you think usually vote Democrat?  (Read 3093 times)
Joe McCarthy Was Right
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2018, 11:30:16 PM »

I would guess:

Greeks
Irish Catholics
Poles (but probably not the case in the 2016 election)
Jews (except Russians)
Swedish
Finnish
Portuguese
Spanish
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:53:55 PM »

Jews for sure.

Arabs (if you count that).

Recent European immigrants of all ethnicity.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »

There aren't really people who are just one white ethnic group anymore.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:05:00 AM »

Jews, Greeks, Scandinavians
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:07:43 AM »

Recent European immigrants of all ethnicity.

Not immigrants from the FSU.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »

I think some guy on here calculated it and apparently Armenians are the only white ethnicity that probably voted for Clinton. Although idk about other groups that could be considered white or groups that are too small to accurately measure (such as Persians, Georgians, Azerbaijanis)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »

There aren't really people who are just one white ethnic group anymore.
There are still - more in rural areas, Germans/Scandinavians in the midwest, some Italians.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 12:59:01 AM »

I think some guy on here calculated it and apparently Armenians are the only white ethnicity that probably voted for Clinton. Although idk about other groups that could be considered white or groups that are too small to accurately measure (such as Persians, Georgians, Azerbaijanis)

That calculation didn't include people of direct Spanish descent (which is a different category than Hispanics from Latin America) either, so that would be another possibility (maybe).
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 04:57:00 AM »

The only White ethnic groups that I think still vote Democratic are Middile Easterners (Arabs, Jews, Iranians, Turks, Armenians, Georgians, and Azerbaijanis), all European ethnic groups unfortunately vote Republican now. The only exception to this is Irish people in New England (The only way Democrats can still be winning Massachusetts Whites by 20 points is if their still winning the Irish their), However Irish people in the rest of the country vote heavily Republican (just as heavily as the notoriously Republican English and Germans), meaning Irish people as a whole vote Republican, though by a smaller margin then Italians, Germans, English, or any other White European ethnic group.
Hydera

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 08:13:40 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2018, 08:40:49 PM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

The only White ethnic groups that I think still vote Democratic are Middile Easterners (Arabs, Jews, Iranians, Turks, Armenians, Georgians, and Azerbaijanis), all European ethnic groups unfortunately vote Republican now. The only exception to this is Irish people in New England (The only way Democrats can still be winning Massachusetts Whites by 20 points is if their still winning the Irish their), However Irish people in the rest of the country vote heavily Republican (just as heavily as the notoriously Republican English and Germans), meaning Irish people as a whole vote Republican, though by a smaller margin then Italians, Germans, English, or any other White European ethnic group.

=13&mapOSM[c1]=40.89392129945193&mapOSM[c2]=-73.86520385742188&mapOSM=races3&mapOSM[fs]=false]http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Breezy-Point-Breezy-Point-NY.html#mapOSM?mapOSM[zl]=13&mapOSM[c1]=40.89392129945193&mapOSM[c2]=-73.86520385742188&mapOSM=races3&mapOSM[fs]=false

I forgot city data had a interactive map for ancestry. just search ancestry and you'll find all kinds of data.

https://decisiondeskhq.com/data-dives/creating-a-national-precinct-map/

Given what i've seen so far with the precinct map. Italians and Poles recorded very strong swings towards Trump. Of course working class and educated suburbanite differences are still there. Meanwhile irish ancestry even places like woodlawn in NY despite being working class recorded mostly small swings to Hillary. My best guess is that irish americans despite being catholic just like italians and poles have a more deep rooted democratic voting tradition that stuck through for hillary despite the other groups swinging heavily to trump. And i know Tim kaine was irish but so was Pence so they both cancel eachother especially since they both didn't really present the 'irish-american' perspective during campaigning.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »

Portuguese almost certainly voted for Clinton.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 12:10:36 PM »

Portuguese would be close. The only place there’s a lot of them swing heavily to trump but Clinton won Fall River and New Bedford. However, a lot of the smaller towns around them in SOuthern Mass did vote for trump
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 12:32:13 PM »

I kind of wish that people would stop putting Arabs in the white category. We are not really white that's why we are fighting to create a separate entry on the census because we don't identify with those of European descent our culture is completely different from whites of European descent
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »

Portuguese would be close. The only place there’s a lot of them swing heavily to trump but Clinton won Fall River and New Bedford. However, a lot of the smaller towns around them in SOuthern Mass did vote for trump
Clinton still won Fall River by ~20, New Bedford by ~30, and Taunton by ~10. In RI, Clinton won Bristol by ~20 and East Providence by ~25. In California, I think the Portuguese are probably more conservative, especially the families who've been there for a long time. However, that probably trades off with the Portuguese in Newark and Boston and Hartford.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 02:55:27 PM »

I kind of wish that people would stop putting Arabs in the white category. We are not really white that's why we are fighting to create a separate entry on the census because we don't identify with those of European descent our culture is completely different from whites of European descent

Arab Christians immigrating from Lebanon and Palestine were considered white back in the day. I understand it's different with more recent arrivals.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 03:11:20 PM »

I identify as white and I am over 60% Arab.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »

This sounds likely. Glendale, CA voted about 64% Clinton and it has the largest Armenian population in America. There was still a slight swing to Trump among this group though.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 03:59:32 PM »

Bosniaks are generally a strongly democratic ethnic group. Possibly Albanians as well.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 04:00:57 PM »

Bosniaks are generally a strongly democratic ethnic group. Possibly Albanians as well.
Where do you generally find Bosnians and Albanians?
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 04:23:35 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2018, 04:47:15 PM by King Lear »

Middle easterners (Arabs, Jews, Iranians, Turks, Armenians, Georgians, and Azerbaijanis) have a Caucasoid skull structure and for that reason are considered “White” in my book. Religion, Culture, and even skin color have nothing to do with Race (as defined by Forensic Anthropologists, not bigoted politicians like Trump), and to be honest, I live in a city (Irvine, California) with a large middle eastern population (Mostly Iranians, but some Arabs and Jews as well), and many times I confuse them with Italians and other Southern Europeans that have been considered “White” for at least the last half century. Personally, I’d rather people view Race through the Forensic Anthropological terms Caucasoid (Europeans and Middle Easterners), Negroid (Sub-Saharan Africans), Mongoloid (East Asians, Central Asians, Indigenous Siberians, Native Americans, and Polynesians) and Australoid (Abloriginal Australians, Paupuans, and South Asians) because these are scientific terms that describe phenotypic variation in Skull structure between different human populations, instead of terms such as “White”, “Black”, and “Brown” that are social constructs and mean different things to different people in different time periods.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 06:46:15 PM »

There are strong and vibrant communities of Albanians in the Morris Park and Belmont neighborhoods in the Bronx. Don't know about Bosniaks.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »

There are strong and vibrant communities of Albanians in the Morris Park and Belmont neighborhoods in the Bronx. Don't know about Bosniaks.

As for Bosniaks, I'd say St. Louis is easily the biggest destination for them. Mostly Democratic, I'd presume.
Joe McCarthy Was Right
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 02:02:50 AM »

Clinton still won Fall River by ~20, New Bedford by ~30, and Taunton by ~10. In RI, Clinton won Bristol by ~20 and East Providence by ~25. In California, I think the Portuguese are probably more conservative, especially the families who've been there for a long time. However, that probably trades off with the Portuguese in Newark and Boston and Hartford.
The Portuguese seem to now vote more Republican than Massachusetts as a whole (while about 10 years ago, this was not the case), but results like the 2014 MA AG election suggest they prefer generic Democrats over generic Republicans.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »

The Portuguese seem to now vote more Republican than Massachusetts as a whole (while about 10 years ago, this was not the case), but results like the 2014 MA AG election suggest they prefer generic Democrats over generic Republicans.
Portuguese areas seem to have voted for Coakley over Baker in 2014 too.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 10:51:59 AM »

As for Bosniaks, I'd say St. Louis is easily the biggest destination for them. Mostly Democratic, I'd presume.
Bevo Mill is the most Bosniak part of St. Louis.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies