Pacific Legislature Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:11:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 73
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 261382 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2006, 10:34:55 PM »

While I understand your logic in choosing the state capitals, Albuquerque is actually way easier for most New Mexicans to get to...you can actually park sometimes. Tongue

Well, in most cases I was going to re-establish the capitals because of the negative effects on the local economies.  However, Santa Fe is decently off regardless.  Do you know how it would affect Santa Fe's economy if the government was removed?

All feedback is appreciated.  My knowledge of New Mexico is lacking.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2006, 11:57:54 PM »

The capital is actually San Francisco.  The government offices are only in Cowtown (Sacto) to save money.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2006, 03:29:39 AM »

The capital is actually San Francisco.  The government offices are only in Cowtown (Sacto) to save money.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I should have clarified it.  This is only administative stuff.  Sacramento is not a convenient location for obtaining historical maps and other things that cannot be made into electronic format.  Having state archives would be fairly inexpensive, help the local economies, and make it more convenient for locals.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2006, 07:31:13 PM »

While I understand your logic in choosing the state capitals, Albuquerque is actually way easier for most New Mexicans to get to...you can actually park sometimes. Tongue

Well, in most cases I was going to re-establish the capitals because of the negative effects on the local economies.  However, Santa Fe is decently off regardless.  Do you know how it would affect Santa Fe's economy if the government was removed?

All feedback is appreciated.  My knowledge of New Mexico is lacking.

Not too badly - there's a ton of left-libertarian Californian Yuppies there. Tongue Most of the government workers in Santa Fe commute from the Albuquerque Greater Metropolitan Area anyway, because it's so !@#$ing expensive to rent or buy anything in Santa Fe. This would probably improve their incomes a bit from the gas savings, if nothing else. Cheesy
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2006, 03:37:49 AM »

I changed it to Albuqerque, then.  Thanks, WMS!

I doubt this will raise much objection, so unless someone minds, we'll vote on this at the same time as the other two bills (which will result in a shorter debating period).

Bestality Criminalisation Act
1. The abominable act of bestiality, which is defined as gross sexual imposition, sexual assault, or the committing of a deviant sexual act with an animal, shall be illegal throughout the Pacific Region.

2. Persons convicted of bestiality shall be fined a minimum of $500 or a maximum of $2,000 and/or sentenced to a minimum of six months in jail or a maximum of five years in jail.

3. This law should not be interpreted as banning sexual acts between members of the species
homo sapiens.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2006, 06:58:56 AM »

1. The abominable act of bestiality, which is defined as gross sexual imposition, sexual assault, or the committing of a deviant sexual act with an animal, shall be illegal throughout the Pacific Region.

2. Persons convicted of bestiality shall be fined a minimum of $500 or a maximum of $2,000 and/or sentenced to a minimum of six months in jail or a maximum of five years in jail.

3. This law should not be interpreted as banning sexual acts between members of the species
homo sapiens.

Technically speaking, if section 3 is needed to exclude sexual acts between members of the species homo sapiens from falling under this bill, would it not be the case that this bill will ban sexual acts between all other species (i.e., rabbits will be charged with bestiality for going at it)?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2006, 03:15:41 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2006, 03:18:30 PM by Kevin »

You just can't oppose this admemdment because a human having sex with an animal is like molsesting a baby.   
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2006, 02:42:00 AM »

homo sapiens.

Technically speaking, if section 3 is needed to exclude sexual acts between members of the species homo sapiens from falling under this bill, would it not be the case that this bill will ban sexual acts between all other species (i.e., rabbits will be charged with bestiality for going at it)?

I'm reasonably sure animals can't be charged with crimes.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »

Take that, you Santa Fe Yuppie Scum! No problem. Kiki
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2006, 11:53:52 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2006, 12:17:25 AM by Governor Alcon »

I just looked at Census data, and what you said about commuting from Albuquerque does not appear to be true.  Santa Fe is not affluent, and house prices there aren't way too much over Albuquerque.  I'm inclined to turn it back, and have for now.

Besides, Albuquerque is much bigger than Santa Fe.  Again, I'm inclined to think that it would damage Santa Fe's economy too much to make moving to Albuquerque a bad idea.

I'd like your comments on this.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2006, 11:58:15 PM »

I just looked at Census data, and what you said about commuting from Albuquerque does not appear to be true.  Santa Fe is not affluent, and house prices there aren't way too much over Albuquerque.  I'm inclined to turn it back, and have for now.

Besides, Albuquerque is much bigger than Santa Fe.  Again, I'm inclined to think that it would damage Santa Fe's economy.

Let's just say I disagree - there's been a long, bitter dispute over newcomers driving the original inhabitants out because they move in, build a huge house, and drive property taxes up. I believe King could tell you a bit more about that...

Perhaps we're viewing this through the prisms of our states...you're on the West Coast, where everything costs more (although pay is usually up as well)...just don't make a campaign stop in Albuquerque for a bit Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2006, 05:02:33 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2006, 05:04:40 AM by Alcon »

Let's just say I disagree - there's been a long, bitter dispute over newcomers driving the original inhabitants out because they move in, build a huge house, and drive property taxes up. I believe King could tell you a bit more about that...

Perhaps we're viewing this through the prisms of our states...you're on the West Coast, where everything costs more (although pay is usually up as well)...just don't make a campaign stop in Albuquerque for a bit Tongue

I see.  I appreciate it and all, but again, I'd have to see convincing information that it would be more beneficial to move to Albuquerque.  Anyway, in Albuquerque's honour, I'll hold off voting on that until you get a chance to find that information if it's important to you.  Again, this is more symbolic than anything, but it is kind of fun to do this trivial local stuff, isn't it?  Wink
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2006, 05:03:34 AM »

It's been more than long enough, so please vote aye, nay, or abstain on the following items.  Voting will remain open for a week.

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region
1. Whereas, the position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region position is functionally useless;
2. The position of Chief Justice of the Pacific Region is hereby abolished.
3. All powers held by the Chief Justice of the Pacific Region will be reverted to their statuses prior to the establishment of the position.

homo sapiens.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2006, 05:04:22 AM »

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region - Aye

Bestality Criminalisation Act - Aye
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2006, 11:24:43 AM »

I see.  I appreciate it and all, but again, I'd have to see convincing information that it would be more beneficial to move to Albuquerque.  Anyway, in Albuquerque's honour, I'll hold off voting on that until you get a chance to find that information if it's important to you.  Again, this is more symbolic than anything, but it is kind of fun to do this trivial local stuff, isn't it?  Wink

How about this: Albuquerque is much more accessible to the state's population than Santa Fe, due to being centrally located and on both of the major transportation arteries?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region

Aye

Aye
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2006, 04:17:23 PM »

Bestality Criminalisation Act - abstain
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2006, 05:07:27 PM »

Aye on both of these admendmets. 
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2006, 09:09:35 PM »

Aye on the first.

Second is more difficult. Beastiality is abhorrent but it sets a bad precedent. Still, it is so disgusting that I have to put aside those reservations and vote aye.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2006, 12:24:45 AM »

Aye to both.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2006, 09:58:36 PM »

Aye to both, I suppose.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2006, 05:22:53 AM »

Bestality Criminalisation Act - Aye
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2006, 02:57:43 PM »

Both acts have passed.

Amendment to Abolish Chief Justice of the Pacific Region passes 8-0-0.

Bestality Criminalisation Act passes 7-0-1.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2006, 11:31:08 PM »

Does anyone desire to introduce anything at this time?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2006, 03:10:39 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2006, 03:19:30 AM by Senator Gabu »

OMFG LEGISLATION!!!11111

1. TEH PACIFEC SI TEH BEST REGIONE EVAR

2. TEH OTHAR REGIONES CAN GO JUMP IN A DITCH AND THEN POUR GASOLINE ON THE DITCH AND THEN LIGHT THE DITCH ON FIRE

3. go us
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies