Pacific Legislature Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:42:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 73
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 261177 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: October 25, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »

I'm confused. Wasn't Jbrase Southeast gover, hum, Emperor of the South until recently ?

Anyways :

Educational Incentives Act: Aye

Aaron Burr Day Creation Act: Aye

PiT's now Emperor of the South, so I guess either Jbrase got term-limited.

They do not have term limits, I just felt it was time for someone else to take over since I had governed for most the year.

Educational Incentives Act: Abstain

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1251 on: October 25, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »

Well, glad to see some dissonant voice joining the region. As Oakvale said, the best way to make Pacific a more pluralist person is to have people from every political side joining it. So, welcome. Wink
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1252 on: October 25, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »

Aaron Burr Day Creation Act: Abstain
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1253 on: October 25, 2010, 03:49:22 PM »

Aaron Burr Day Creation Act: Abstain
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1254 on: October 25, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »

Aye
Nay
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1255 on: October 25, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »

Educational Incentives - Aye
Aaron Burr Day - Nay
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1256 on: October 28, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 02:03:57 PM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

As Pacific Justice, I declare "Aaron Burr Day" bill unconstitutional, on the grounds that it doesn't explain how it's primary contents can"promote the general welfare"-(Preamble to the Pacific Constitution).  It cannot be passed.

I hereby declare that the  "Education Initiatives" bill is constitutional.  The bill lays out it's in detail; benefits it offers to those in Atlasia. It violates no legal boundaries set by the Pacific Constitution.  It may be passed by the Pacific Legislature.  

No offense, Jbrase, Oakvale or Archangel.  
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1257 on: October 28, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »

As Pacific Justice, I declare "Aaron Burr Day" bill unconstitutional, on the grounds that it doesn't explain how it's primary contents can"promote the general welfare"-(Preamble to the Pacific Constitution).  It cannot be passed.

In the light of this event, I'd like to challenge the constitutionality of the "Accuracy in balloting Act". Hopefully we can get rid of that useles trash :

It is an act designed to rename Xahar whenever he runs for office in the Pacific on our ballots. It renames him "Chode" on ballots for regional positions.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1258 on: October 28, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »

As Pacific Justice, I declare "Aaron Burr Day" bill unconstitutional, on the grounds that it doesn't explain how it's primary contents can"promote the general welfare"-(Preamble to the Pacific Constitution).  It cannot be passed.

In the light of this event, I'd like to challenge the constitutionality of the "Accuracy in balloting Act". Hopefully we can get rid of that useles trash :

It is an act designed to rename Xahar whenever he runs for office in the Pacific on our ballots. It renames him "Chode" on ballots for regional positions.

It's funny you bring that up, I was feeling vaguely mean for voting for it and was considering trying for a repeal just yesterday.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1259 on: October 28, 2010, 06:18:48 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 10:37:50 PM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

As Pacific Justice, I declare "Aaron Burr Day" bill unconstitutional, on the grounds that it doesn't explain how it's primary contents can"promote the general welfare"-(Preamble to the Pacific Constitution).  It cannot be passed.

It's funny you bring that up, I was feeling vaguely mean for voting for it and was considering trying for a repeal just yesterday.

People have the right to choose a name  (Freedom of Speech, Article 3, Clause 2, Pacific Constitution) and use it as representation in the eye of the law, thus they cannot be renamed otherwise on a legal document.  A ballot is a legal document (it's printed by the government, the overseers of the law), thus having Xahar's name changed on such is illegal, hereby making the "Accuracy in Balloting Act" void from hereon out.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1260 on: October 28, 2010, 09:34:35 PM »

You passed the test.Wink
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1261 on: October 28, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 10:44:41 PM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

Oh good  Smiley

That would've been bad if you guys were serious  XD
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1262 on: October 28, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »

How do you know that we're not serious?

But yeah, good job on that.  You just saved me some Wiki work.Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1263 on: October 29, 2010, 12:10:22 AM »

Not that I am disputing your ruling, but doesn't a citizen need to challenge the bill in court before the judicial branch can make judgment on laws?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1264 on: October 29, 2010, 12:25:45 AM »

Not that I am disputing your ruling, but doesn't a citizen need to challenge the bill in court before the judicial branch can make judgment on laws?

The latest amendment to our constitution states that the Justice must first analyze all legislation and determine whether it is constitutional or not before it can go into effect.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1265 on: October 29, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »

I must say I'm pretty chuffed to see the position of Pacific Justice working as intended. Stellar job, fuzzy. Smiley

Also, I'd like to clarify something about what Jbrase said - in our system, as Archangel pointed out, the Justice automatically reviews all new legislation passed. In real life, this would be an unworkable and impractical concept, but it creates a healthy  amount of activity in Atlasia. Tongue

However, your post does apply to legislation passed before the position was established. In other words, old legislation is reviewed only when specifically challenged by a citizen, as in the case of the, uh, chode bill.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1266 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »

I must say I'm pretty chuffed to see the position of Pacific Justice working as intended. Stellar job, fuzzy. Smiley

Also, I'd like to clarify something about what Jbrase said - in our system, as Archangel pointed out, the Justice automatically reviews all new legislation passed. In real life, this would be an unworkable and impractical concept, but it creates a healthy  amount of activity in Atlasia. Tongue

However, your post does apply to legislation passed before the position was established. In other words, old legislation is reviewed only when specifically challenged by a citizen, as in the case of the, uh, chode bill.

Of course, which is why I wouldn't have ordered the repeal of the chode bill without the challenge from Antonio.  Wink
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1267 on: October 30, 2010, 01:35:54 AM »

Should I delete unconstitutional items from the statute and the article altogether or should I just state that it was deemed unconstitutional in the Wiki?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1268 on: October 30, 2010, 03:15:06 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 03:18:39 AM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

Should I delete unconstitutional items from the statute and the article altogether or should I just state that it was deemed unconstitutional in the Wiki?

Maybe just say that it was deemed unconstitutional, but put in the archives for future reference if need be.  
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1269 on: October 30, 2010, 07:52:16 AM »

I think legislation declared unconstitutional should be cleared on the wiki, in order to make it clearer. Maybe someone could create a "Pacific repealed legislation" page.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1270 on: October 30, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »

Maybe just say that it was deemed unconstitutional, but put in the archives for future reference if need be.  

That'd be my personal opinon on it, certainly. I dunno, put an asterix * after it or something to explain it was struck down.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1271 on: October 30, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 01:16:37 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

What I did last night was put on in parenthesis "Deemed Unconstitutional: Date"

Like for the Accuracy Act here:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Pacific_Statute#Passed_under_Governor_Bgwah
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Accuracy_in_Balloting_Act

Anyways, I could create a Repealed Statute page and move all repealed laws there, if you wish (there's a couple more that are still in the statute that were repealed from other administrations)

There's also the matter of whether the Pacific Justice should be placed under the elected officials article.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1272 on: October 30, 2010, 05:02:56 PM »

When something is repealed, you usually just put "Repealed" in parenthesis on the statue page, so what Arch did works best I think.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1273 on: October 30, 2010, 10:44:45 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2010, 02:48:29 PM by Jbrase »

Amendment to The Religious Institution Classification Act  

The Religious Institution Classification Act is hereby amended to read:

Any church or religious institution that requires its members to pay fees shall henceforth be recognized as businesses by the Pacific Region.

2. Every other church or religious institution shall be tax exempt. These groups shall lose their tax exempt status should they:
a. Donate money to a political campaign.
b. Endorse anyone running for public office.
c. Begin requiring members to pay fee's for any reason other than paying for damaged property.  
d. Their school programs do not follow the required curriculum set forth by The Pacific.  

X Jbrase
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1274 on: October 30, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »

Amendment to The Religious Institution Classification Act 

The Religious Institution Classification Act is hereby amended to read:

Any church or religious institution that requires its members to pay fees shall henceforth be recognized as businesses by the Pacific Region.

2. Every other church or religious institution shall be tax exempt. These groups shall lose their tax exempt status should they:
a. Donate money to a political campaign.
b. Endorse anyone running for public office.
c. Begin requiring members to pay fee's for any reason other than paying for damaged property.   

X Jbrase

I think this makes sense and puts a little more definition to the original law (which is honestly pretty vague).
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies