Pacific Legislature Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:32:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 73
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 261527 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: December 13, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »

2.   No employer may fire or otherwise carry out any reprisal against any employee who chooses not to work on an Election Day in the Pacific.

I think that you may want to rephrase that some.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #551 on: December 13, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »

2.   No employer may fire or otherwise carry out any reprisal against any employee who chooses not to work on an Election Day in the Pacific.

y?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2007, 01:28:07 PM »

y?

Literally, it would mean taking off that one day would make someone fire-proof.

I'd suggest using "because."
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #553 on: December 14, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »

y?

Literally, it would mean taking off that one day would make someone fire-proof.

I'd suggest using "because."

Ah, Alcon, you've discovered my covert plan. Wink  I'll change it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #554 on: December 15, 2007, 06:38:49 PM »

Protection of Personal Gambling Bill

1. No municipality within the Pacific may prohibit or restrict gambling among those 16 years of age or older that is organized only among those who are participating in the gambling among themselves and does not involve a "house fee" or any other type of overhead cost.
2. Courts shall be permitted to issue exemptions to this among individuals on parole or who have been convicted of a felony (excluding nonviolent drug or prostitution related offenses).
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #555 on: December 16, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »

I "re-propose" any of these if the time limit has passed.

Resolution Concerning the Federal Military
It is the position of the people of the Pacific Region that no person should serve in the federal military unless their sexual orientation is of a homosexual persuasion.

Election Day Bill
1.   All Election Days in the Pacific shall be designated as official government holidays.
2.   No employer may fire or otherwise carry out any reprisal against any employee on the basis of their choice not to work on an Election Day in the Pacific.
3.   The above shall not apply to Regional or other government employees essential for the running of elections or for other functions as deemed necessary for the day-to-day maintenance of government.

1. No municipality within the Pacific may prohibit or restrict gambling among those 16 years of age or older that is organized only among those who are participating in the gambling among themselves and does not involve a "house fee" or any other type of overhead cost.
2. Courts shall be permitted to issue exemptions to this among individuals on parole or who have been convicted of a felony (excluding nonviolent drug or prostitution related offenses).

Is that all, Ebowed? lolll
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #556 on: December 18, 2007, 01:39:44 AM »

Voting is open on the following legislation for exactly one week:

Resolution Concerning the Federal Military
It is the position of the people of the Pacific Region that no person should serve in the federal military unless their sexual orientation is of a homosexual persuasion.

Election Day Bill
1.   All Election Days in the Pacific shall be designated as official government holidays.
2.   No employer may fire or otherwise carry out any reprisal against any employee on the basis of their choice not to work on an Election Day in the Pacific.
3.   The above shall not apply to Regional or other government employees essential for the running of elections or for other functions as deemed necessary for the day-to-day maintenance of government.

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #557 on: December 18, 2007, 03:54:13 AM »

Resolution Concerning the Federal Military:  Aye
Election Day Bill:  Aye
Protection of Personal Gambling Bill:  Aye
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #558 on: December 18, 2007, 07:51:24 PM »

Aye on all
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #559 on: December 18, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »

Nay
Aye
Aye
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2007, 02:05:09 AM »

Nay

Aye

Aye
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #561 on: December 27, 2007, 02:01:02 AM »

The Resolution Concerning the Federal Military has failed 2-2.

The Election Day Bill has passed 4-0.
X Governor Bgwah

The Protection of Personal Gambling Bill  has passed 4-0.
X Governor Bgwah
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: February 13, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2008, 08:32:36 PM by bgwah »

Prison Diet Bill
1) Whereas meat is a financially and environmentally expensive luxury that humans can live healthily without.
2) Whereas there is no compelling reason to reward criminals in prisons with this expensive luxury.
3) Therefore all prisons and jails within the Pacific Region shall feed their inmates a strict vegetarian diet.

X Governor Bgwah
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #563 on: February 13, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »

Prison Diet Bill
1) Whereas meat is a financially and environmentally expensive luxury that humans can live healthily without.
2) Whereas there is no compelling reason to reward criminals in prisons with this expensive luxury.
3) Therefore all prisons and jails within the Pacific Region shall feed their inmates a strict vegetarian diet.

X Governor Bgwah

Forcing a diet on a population? That seems a bit extreme/authoritarian... Also a vegitarian diet can be difficult to maintain on a healthy level (getting all your needed proteins and AA's), I really don't see how it would cost that much more to give them meat and we would probably have prison riots break out throughout the region.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #564 on: February 13, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »

Stupid question:

How/when is the Pacific legislature elected?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: February 13, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2008, 10:40:32 PM by bgwah »

Prison Diet Bill

X Governor Bgwah

Forcing a diet on a population? That seems a bit extreme/authoritarian... Also a vegitarian diet can be difficult to maintain on a healthy level (getting all your needed proteins and AA's), I really don't see how it would cost that much more to give them meat and we would probably have prison riots break out throughout the region.

I suppose forcing them in prisons is a bit too extreme for you? Forcing them to live in a cell a bit to extreme? Not allowing child rapists to walk through schools---that's extreme, too, I guess.

And difficult to maintain? Prison officials will of course make sure they get all of their protein and what not---it is only difficult to maintain if you're a retard.

Every Pacific citizen is a legislator. Check out the Wiki and read the Second Pacific Constitution for more information
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #566 on: February 13, 2008, 10:42:09 PM »

Prison Diet Bill

X Governor Bgwah

I suppose forcing them in prisons is a bit too extreme for you? Forcing them to live in a cell a bit to extreme? Not allowing child rapists to walk through schools---that's extreme, too, I guess.

And difficult to maintain? Prison officials will of course make sure they get all of their protein and what not---it is only difficult to maintain if you're a retard.

Every Pacific citizen is a legislator. Check out the Wiki and read the Second Pacific Constitution for more information

Thanks!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #567 on: February 13, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

Rocky Dennis Memorial Bill
1) Whereas Rocky Dennis was a brilliant, brave, hope-inspiring and kind individual from California.
2) Whereas Rocky Dennis is thus a great Pacifican hero and deserves to be honored as such.
3) Therefore the Rocky Mountains shall henceforth be known as the Rocky Dennis Mountains by the Pacific Government, and the people of this fine region demand that the federal government to follow suit.

X Governor Bgwah
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2008, 08:21:29 PM »

Voting is open on the following. Voting closes in exactly one week.

Prison Diet Bill

Rocky Dennis Memorial Bill
1) Whereas Rocky Dennis was a brilliant, brave, hope-inspiring and kind individual from California.
2) Whereas Rocky Dennis is thus a great Pacifican hero and deserves to be honored as such.
3) Therefore the Rocky Mountains shall henceforth be known as the Rocky Dennis Mountains by the Pacific Government, and the people of this fine region demand that the federal government to follow suit.

AYE ON BOTH.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #569 on: February 16, 2008, 12:02:04 AM »

Prison Diet Bill: NAY

Rocky Dennis Memorial Bill: NAY

I would like to add that the disrespect for individual rights in the first bill is astounding even if we are talking about prison imates, it still doesn't change the fact that they are HUMAN. I shutter to think of what would happen to this great region if more authoritarian bills such as this were to be enacted.

For the other bill I just don't like anything that resembles a cult. (except for the Rocky Horror Picture show of course)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #570 on: February 16, 2008, 12:09:29 AM »

Prison Diet Bill:  Nay
Rocky Dennis Memorial Bill:  Aye
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #571 on: February 16, 2008, 12:16:40 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2008, 12:19:25 AM by bgwah »

I would like to add that the disrespect for individual rights in the first bill is astounding even if we are talking about prison imates, it still doesn't change the fact that they are HUMAN. I shutter to think of what would happen to this great region if more authoritarian bills such as this were to be enacted.

The prisons already pick and choose what food their inmates eat. How is this anymore authoritarian than putting them in prison in the first place? And how is this inhuman!?

I never realized how illogical you were.

And naming something after someone is resembles a cult? Does our state name resemble a cult? Or most of our county names? Or Seattle?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #572 on: February 16, 2008, 12:23:38 AM »

Aye to both.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: February 16, 2008, 12:29:09 AM »

Is this a joke?

How does forcing vegetarianism on inmates help the prisons do their job, which is to protect society from criminals?

Very surprised that a supposedly legitimate Senate candidate would vote for this nanny statist trash!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #574 on: February 16, 2008, 12:31:48 AM »

Is this a joke?

How does forcing vegetarianism on inmates help the prisons do their job, which is to protect society from criminals?

Very surprised that a supposedly legitimate Senate candidate would vote for this nanny statist trash!

The purpose isn't to help "prisons do their job," read the bill again to see what the real purpose is.

And this is no more "nanny statist" than putting criminals in prison in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies