Pacific Legislature Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:15:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 73
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 261329 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 30, 2006, 11:08:58 PM »

After further review, not only must Montana be returned for New Mexico to be transferred to the Midwest Region, but I want Wyoming and Colorado as well.

The Pacific Region serves more than just the Pacific states, we are essentially the Western Region. Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana clearly fit better with our region than they do with the Midwest!

I suspect ilikeverin will refuse such a trade, in which case he shall never have New Mexico!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2006, 06:03:39 PM »

Copycat Tongue

Another example of the Pacific's desire to be just like the Midwest.  It is sad how much struggle other regions will go in their drive to emulate the Midwest in all things it does.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »

Copycat Tongue

Another example of the Pacific's desire to be just like the Midwest.  It is sad how much struggle other regions will go in their drive to emulate the Midwest in all things it does.

get your grubby midwestern paws off of our delicious montana  Angry
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: January 04, 2007, 10:46:51 PM »

Republican Party Illegalisation Act: Abstain
Physician-Assisted Suicide Legalisation Act: Abstain
Alcohol Freedom Act: Aye
Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act: Abstain
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2007, 02:24:04 AM »

Republican Party Illegalisation Act: Abstain

Come on, be a man and vote for freedom.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2007, 02:32:38 AM »

Republican Party Illegalisation Act fails 4-4-1.

Physician-Assisted Suicide Legalisation Act passes 6-1-2.

Alcohol Freedom Act passes 6-2-1.

Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act fails 4-4-1.

I sign the Physician-Assisted Suicide Legalisation Act and the Alcohol Freedom Act into law with my magical signature, Jesus
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2007, 02:35:17 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2007, 02:37:37 AM by Jesus »

I officially open voting on the following.

New Mexico Regional Transfer Resolution

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution, the Pacific Region hereby consents to the transfer of the state of New Mexico from the Pacific region to the Midwest region.

In addition, the following Constitutional Amendments have passed the Senate:

Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules

That Article V, Section 2, Clause 6 of the Constitution be amended to read as follows:

Any registered voter who fails to vote in elections for eight months for which he is qualified to vote shall have his registration no longer considered valid. The said voter may only be deregistered after missing four federal elections, not including runoffs and special elections. A vote in a special election or runoff will be counted towards activity the same as a vote in a regular federal election. This clause shall not be construed to deny a forum user the right to register anew.

Backup Redistricting Amendment

1. In the event that the Governors have not adopted a redistricting plan as of noon, Eastern Standard Time on the third Wednesday prior to the opening of the ballot box for the regular election of District Senators, then the most recently adopted districting plan that meets the conditions of Article IV Section 4 of this Constitution using the data from the most recent Census shall be used as the districting plan.

2. In the further event that no previously adopted districting plan meets the conditions of Article IV Section 4 of this Constitution using the data from the most recent Census, then the Chief Justice of Atlasia shall have the authority to draw districts that meet the conditions of Article IV Section 4 of this Constitution using the data from the most recent Census.

Please vote aye or nay on the above.

A nice and easy to copy and paste ballot:

New Mexico Regional Transfer Resolution:

Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules :

Backup Redistricting Amendment:
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2007, 02:37:53 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2007, 07:15:35 PM by Jesus »

New Mexico Regional Transfer Resolution: Nay

Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules : Aye

Backup Redistricting Amendment: Aye
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2007, 03:00:39 AM »

Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules : Aye

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2007, 03:38:58 AM »

Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules: Aye
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2007, 10:12:18 AM »

Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2007, 01:28:17 PM »

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »

*steps to the Pacific Legislature's podium*

*clears throat*

As a former Senator and former Atlasian Secretary of State, and as a proud resident of the great State of New Mexico, I have become increasingly concerned about the spiral towards Stalinism in the Pacific Region led by a pack of extremist PC Nazis.
     This descent into insanity was first noted by the proposal of the extremist Reproductive Freedom Act on December 16, 2006. This Act, in particular the fourth clause but to some extent the fifth and sixth clauses, adopts the most extreme position imaginable on abortion, allowing for any abortion for any reason at any time, thus enabling, for example, an eighth-month abortion because the 12-year-old mother wants a boy instead of a girl. This puts the Pacific Region in the position of places such as China or India, where there is a noticeable imbalance between male and female children, especially in rural areas. The good citizens of New Mexico are appalled at this callous attitude towards life.
     And then on December 28, 2006, the wheels came off the tracks with an even more loony set of proposals. The slightly-less-insane Acts shall be covered first. First the Physician-Assisted Suicide Legalisation Act removes any and all safeguards against falsification or pressuring of individuals into suicide. For that matter, an individual suffering from depression could choose to off themselves instead of receiving treatment under this Act. And once again, the callous attitude towards life expressed in this bill repels the people of New Mexico.
     Then the Alcohol Freedom Act adopts the most extreme position imaginable, allowing anyone and everyone access to alcohol with no regard for the consequences whatsoever. Coming from a state that suffers the scourge of DWI, the idea of encouraging hordes of teenagers to add to DWI totals is patently insane. And given the numbers of injured and dead citizens caused by drunken drivers, adding to those totals strikes New Mexicans as highly immoral. On top of that, under this Act alcoholism would be encouraged by giving access to alcohol to impressionable youngsters of any age, when they are not capable of making reasoned choices. Do you think an 8-year-old can truly understand the risks and consequences of alcohol?
     Now we proceed to the Acts that are not only insane and extremist, but outright unconstitutional. The Republican Party Illegalisation Act outright violates Article VI of the Atlasian Constitution, banning one political party and enacting forced membership in another political party, and/or forced exile from the Pacific Region. I never thought I would see the imposition of political rules worthy of Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe, but that is what we have here, and the good people of New Mexico will not stand for it!
     And then we have the Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act, one of the most spiteful, venomous pieces of legislation we have ever seen. Also outright violating Article VI of the Atlasian Constitution, this Act outlaws all organized religion in a nasty secular-atheist manner worthy of the Communist Bloc. In addition to the imposition of cruel and unusual punishment there is again forced rendition outside the Pacific Region. As a State that deeply respects the beliefs of its citizens there are not words to describe the revulsion of New Mexicans to this Act. The so-called compromise, the misleadingly named Religious Freedom Act, along with the accompanying Resolution Concerning Currency are nothing more than an attempt to put honey around vicious anti-religious legislation and enforce de facto forced secularization in the public sphere and is also opposed, especially given the bigoted comments made by its proponent: "Additionally, the punishment is far too harsh, and it would harm religions that present no threat to society such as Unitarianism, Buddhism, Secular Humanism, and depending on one's very definition of religion, Atheism."
     The State of New Mexico expresses its deep, deep, discontent with the recent actions of the Pacific Regional Government and reserves the right for further action if this plummet into extremism is not stopped. I note that there was a shockingly high percentage of Pacific Legislators that voted for both the Republican Party Illegalisation Act and the Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act, and I notice that the measures only failed not because there was actually a majority of Legislators opposed to such measures, but because of some strategic abstentions designed to avoid federal intervention. The good citizens of New Mexico are not fooled by abstentions designed to hide the true feelings of the legislators who abstained - their desire for Stalinist rule. Angry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: Grin )
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »

*steps to the Pacific Legislature's podium*

*clears throat*

As a former Senator and former Atlasian Secretary of State, and as a proud resident of the great State of New Mexico, I have become increasingly concerned about the spiral towards Stalinism in the Pacific Region led by a pack of extremist PC Nazis.
     This descent into insanity was first noted by the proposal of the extremist Reproductive Freedom Act on December 16, 2006. This Act, in particular the fourth clause but to some extent the fifth and sixth clauses, adopts the most extreme position imaginable on abortion, allowing for any abortion for any reason at any time, thus enabling, for example, an eighth-month abortion because the 12-year-old mother wants a boy instead of a girl. This puts the Pacific Region in the position of places such as China or India, where there is a noticeable imbalance between male and female children, especially in rural areas. The good citizens of New Mexico are appalled at this callous attitude towards life.
     And then on December 28, 2006, the wheels came off the tracks with an even more loony set of proposals. The slightly-less-insane Acts shall be covered first. First the Physician-Assisted Suicide Legalisation Act removes any and all safeguards against falsification or pressuring of individuals into suicide. For that matter, an individual suffering from depression could choose to off themselves instead of receiving treatment under this Act. And once again, the callous attitude towards life expressed in this bill repels the people of New Mexico.
     Then the Alcohol Freedom Act adopts the most extreme position imaginable, allowing anyone and everyone access to alcohol with no regard for the consequences whatsoever. Coming from a state that suffers the scourge of DWI, the idea of encouraging hordes of teenagers to add to DWI totals is patently insane. And given the numbers of injured and dead citizens caused by drunken drivers, adding to those totals strikes New Mexicans as highly immoral. On top of that, under this Act alcoholism would be encouraged by giving access to alcohol to impressionable youngsters of any age, when they are not capable of making reasoned choices. Do you think an 8-year-old can truly understand the risks and consequences of alcohol?
     Now we proceed to the Acts that are not only insane and extremist, but outright unconstitutional. The Republican Party Illegalisation Act outright violates Article VI of the Atlasian Constitution, banning one political party and enacting forced membership in another political party, and/or forced exile from the Pacific Region. I never thought I would see the imposition of political rules worthy of Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe, but that is what we have here, and the good people of New Mexico will not stand for it!
     And then we have the Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act, one of the most spiteful, venomous pieces of legislation we have ever seen. Also outright violating Article VI of the Atlasian Constitution, this Act outlaws all organized religion in a nasty secular-atheist manner worthy of the Communist Bloc. In addition to the imposition of cruel and unusual punishment there is again forced rendition outside the Pacific Region. As a State that deeply respects the beliefs of its citizens there are not words to describe the revulsion of New Mexicans to this Act. The so-called compromise, the misleadingly named Religious Freedom Act, along with the accompanying Resolution Concerning Currency are nothing more than an attempt to put honey around vicious anti-religious legislation and enforce de facto forced secularization in the public sphere and is also opposed, especially given the bigoted comments made by its proponent: "Additionally, the punishment is far too harsh, and it would harm religions that present no threat to society such as Unitarianism, Buddhism, Secular Humanism, and depending on one's very definition of religion, Atheism."
     The State of New Mexico expresses its deep, deep, discontent with the recent actions of the Pacific Regional Government and reserves the right for further action if this plummet into extremism is not stopped. I note that there was a shockingly high percentage of Pacific Legislators that voted for both the Republican Party Illegalisation Act and the Abolishment Of Organised Religion Act, and I notice that the measures only failed not because there was actually a majority of Legislators opposed to such measures, but because of some strategic abstentions designed to avoid federal intervention. The good citizens of New Mexico are not fooled by abstentions designed to hide the true feelings of the legislators who abstained - their desire for Stalinist rule. Angry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: Grin )

First, you're free to run for office in the Pacific Region should you desire change, but you have chosen not to do so. Second, you can propose your own legislation, but again you have not done this. Third, you can always leave the Pacific Region, but you cannot take New Mexico with you. You can only do this by registering in a state located outside of the Pacific Region.

The Republican Party Illegalisation Act and the Abolishment of Organised Religion Act both failed. Personally, I did not vote for them and find it amusing that you find this "Stalinist" as you specifically target me in your last sentence. I abstained on the Assisted Suicide Act, too. How was this strategic? It was simply something I did not want to vote on, as were the other two. So I abstained. Due to the excellent point brought up by Alcon, I would have vetoed it, however regardless of this it would have had 2/3 of the vote, anyway, making it impossible for me to veto.

Most of those "acts" were jokes as the one who proposed them said. 

Please do not call me a Stalinist or a Nazi, especially when you desire joining a region that wants to steal states from other regions and impose a dictator. Hypocrite.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2007, 04:24:34 PM »

New Mexico Regional Transfer Resolution:Nay

Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules :Aye

Backup Redistricting Amendment:Aye
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2007, 04:25:24 PM »

So let me get this straight.  A 12-year-old girl intentionally gets pregnant, but then gets an abortion because she wanted a boy instead of a girl.

I realize that you disagree on this issue.  That is fine.  There is no need to consider such whacky and near-impossible scenarios such as the one above.  If a 12-year-old got pregnant, I'm not sure the first question on her mind is whether it's a boy or not.  Either way, these decisions - regardless of age - are best left to the woman.  I would prefer that women who seek to gender-select their baby get an abortion instead of attempting infanticide, wouldn't you?  Your comparison to China and India is unnecessary because the Pacific region does not share their sexist views.

My comment regarding religion is not bigoted on anything but belief.  You will note that I absolutely do not support restricting belief including the right to religion and my legislation is not vicious in any sense of the word.  People will still be able to celebrate their religious beliefs as they have always done.  My legislation will not restrict anyone's rights to their freedom of belief, speech, thought, and conscience.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2007, 05:47:29 PM »

First, you're free to run for office in the Pacific Region should you desire change, but you have chosen not to do so. Second, you can propose your own legislation, but again you have not done this. Third, you can always leave the Pacific Region, but you cannot take New Mexico with you. You can only do this by registering in a state located outside of the Pacific Region.

The Republican Party Illegalisation Act and the Abolishment of Organised Religion Act both failed. Personally, I did not vote for them and find it amusing that you find this "Stalinist" as you specifically target me in your last sentence. I abstained on the Assisted Suicide Act, too. How was this strategic? It was simply something I did not want to vote on, as were the other two. So I abstained. Due to the excellent point brought up by Alcon, I would have vetoed it, however regardless of this it would have had 2/3 of the vote, anyway, making it impossible for me to veto.

Most of those "acts" were jokes as the one who proposed them said. 

Please do not call me a Stalinist or a Nazi, especially when you desire joining a region that wants to steal states from other regions and impose a dictator. Hypocrite.

To your first and second points, I respond that I'm trying to leave the Pacific Region instead of making the Pacific Region conform to my viewpoint. Not to mention that everything since December has convinced me that the region has, quite frankly, gone bonkers and it would be a futile effort. To your third point, I clearly disagree with you. I established the precedent that States were not permanently wedded to Regions in the first place and given that, at the risk of being blunt, more than anyone else [OOC: in this simluation], I am New Mexico, and I choose not to leave its people in the grip of an increasingly unsavory set of Regional laws. I will not be leaving New Mexico.

You will have to pardon me if I do not fully trust your intentions. Your very name was created to mock religion, you are virulently anti-religious, and you are one of the most reflexively partisan anti-Republicans in all of Atlasia. And my last sentence was saying that the abstentions wanted to vote for those Acts but did not want to risk possible federal repercussions. After all, if you truly opposed those Acts you would have voted against them, now wouldn't you? And as those two Acts were definitely Stalinist, that paints those who failed to oppose them as, at the least, turning a blind eye to them.

[OOC: actions do have consequences in-game, even if jokes in real-life they may be - this is a game world, after all] IC: If those Acts were supposed to be jokes, then I will point out that every passed Act is now law and that the Acts which - very narrowly - failed would have been law, violations of the Constitution they may be. How, pray tell, were the citizens of the Pacific Region supposed to believe that their elected legislators were playing a cruel joke on them? Given the enactment of one extreme Act after another, why would they deem any proposal to be a joke?

And as for the use of PC Nazi (the Stalinist comment is explained above), I take that from the great publication Red Flag, and consider it quite accurate in regards to the legislation proposed and passed since December 2006 in the Pacific.

So let me get this straight.  A 12-year-old girl intentionally gets pregnant, but then gets an abortion because she wanted a boy instead of a girl.

I realize that you disagree on this issue.  That is fine.  There is no need to consider such whacky and near-impossible scenarios such as the one above.  If a 12-year-old got pregnant, I'm not sure the first question on her mind is whether it's a boy or not.  Either way, these decisions - regardless of age - are best left to the woman.  I would prefer that women who seek to gender-select their baby get an abortion instead of attempting infanticide, wouldn't you?  Your comparison to China and India is unnecessary because the Pacific region does not share their sexist views.

My comment regarding religion is not bigoted on anything but belief.  You will note that I absolutely do not support restricting belief including the right to religion and my legislation is not vicious in any sense of the word.  People will still be able to celebrate their religious beliefs as they have always done.  My legislation will not restrict anyone's rights to their freedom of belief, speech, thought, and conscience.

I picked such an extreme scenario precisely to point out what is allowable under the Act - it is such an extreme Act that anything is possible. "Either way, these decisions - regardless of age - are best left to the woman." Opinion, not fact, and totally contemptuous of the fact that a living being is getting killed - and are you going to claim that every abortion, even one done in the third trimester, is not killing a living being? I also find it astonishing that a gender-selected abortion is considered worthy of legal protection. And adoption is far superior as an option to either abortion or infanticide (not that there is much difference) so your presented choices are a false dichotomy. What next? Abortions of mixed-race babies? Abortions of babies with the genetic signature for homosexuality? Hey, everything is allowed under this Act. And your comment about India and China I find idealistic - considering how many abortions are performed for the sake of 'convenience' under prior laws, why would you think those in Atlasia already getting abortions for convenience's sake - not for the life-of-the-mother/rape/incest/health-of-the-mother reasons, which can plausibly be argued as necessary - would have any compunctions about any other reason whatsoever? [OOC: this is highly radical legislation that would certainly draw intense opposition]

"Not bigoted on anything but belief?" You outright expressed your hostility toward a huge portion of humanity's - and Atlasia's - believers by claiming that 'only' faiths such as "Unitarianism, Buddhism, Secular Humanism, and depending on one's very definition of religion, Atheism" "present[ed] no threat to society". That strongly implies that you would support legislation more narrowly-tailored to outlaw only those faiths you deem a 'threat to society', which by your careful word choice includes Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism and God knows what else. What, would the Abolishment of Most Organized Religion Act gotten your approval? The Abolishment of All Religions We Don't Like Act? And as a factual counterpoint, given the bloody history of the Soviet Union the idea that Atheism has never been a "threat to society" is clearly untrue. For that matter, the very Abolishment of Organized Religion Actitself contradicts your view, for who would left unbanned except Atheists and Secular Humanists? As for your legislation, removal of even neutral expressions such as "In God We Trust" through legislation that does nothing but target belief is de facto enforced Secular Humanism. You cannot utter a word of faith in the public sphere, and then you say they serve no charitable or useful purpose and remove all tax exemptions? That is hostility toward religion, not neutrality. And then there is not any recitation of patriotism, even voluntary, allowed? What the hell is this, the European Union? [OOC: and there would really be opposition to this - do any of you truly believe that legislation like what has happened in the Pacific wouldn't have sparked severe counterreactions?]
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2007, 06:02:47 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2007, 06:04:43 PM by Jesus »

To your first and second points, I respond that I'm trying to leave the Pacific Region instead of making the Pacific Region conform to my viewpoint. Not to mention that everything since December has convinced me that the region has, quite frankly, gone bonkers and it would be a futile effort. To your third point, I clearly disagree with you. I established the precedent that States were not permanently wedded to Regions in the first place and given that, at the risk of being blunt, more than anyone else [OOC: in this simluation], I am New Mexico, and I choose not to leave its people in the grip of an increasingly unsavory set of Regional laws. I will not be leaving New Mexico.

You will have to pardon me if I do not fully trust your intentions. Your very name was created to mock religion, you are virulently anti-religious, and you are one of the most reflexively partisan anti-Republicans in all of Atlasia. And my last sentence was saying that the abstentions wanted to vote for those Acts but did not want to risk possible federal repercussions. After all, if you truly opposed those Acts you would have voted against them, now wouldn't you? And as those two Acts were definitely Stalinist, that paints those who failed to oppose them as, at the least, turning a blind eye to them.

[OOC: actions do have consequences in-game, even if jokes in real-life they may be - this is a game world, after all] IC: If those Acts were supposed to be jokes, then I will point out that every passed Act is now law and that the Acts which - very narrowly - failed would have been law, violations of the Constitution they may be. How, pray tell, were the citizens of the Pacific Region supposed to believe that their elected legislators were playing a cruel joke on them? Given the enactment of one extreme Act after another, why would they deem any proposal to be a joke?

And as for the use of PC Nazi (the Stalinist comment is explained above), I take that from the great publication Red Flag, and consider it quite accurate in regards to the legislation proposed and passed since December 2006 in the Pacific.

Something "almost" happened, that means it didn't. Relax. What exactly happened in December, anyway?

You know what you have to do for New Mexico to join the Midwest. You have to convince Verin to trade Montana. Otherwise, you're staying in the Pacific. As the current votes show, chances are you are the only one in the region who supports New Mexico joining the Midwest, and you're going to have convince 67% of the region to just give you up. I don't think you can make this happen, unless you arrange the trade of Montana.

And I still think it is amusing that you call me a Stalinist when I have in no way abused my powers as Governor. Verin, on the other hand, is an imperalistic dictator-wannabe. He is clearly more of a Stalinist than I am. Would you not have to be a fan of Stalinism to leave the non-Stalinist regioin of the Pacific for the Stalinist region of the Midwest?
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »

I shall not apologise for proposing "Stalinist" regional legislation that was clearly intended to be humourous and nothing more. I was under the impression that everyone was aware of my propensity toward exaggeratedly vitriolic humour and therefore assumed that everyone would be sensible enough to simply read through my blatantly unconstitutional proposals, maybe chuckle at how utterly ridiculous they were, and move on without degenerating into angry rambling. Apparently I was incorrect.

I don't believe that I have done anything noteworthily offensive as Pacific Senator, though obviously if the Pacific residents disagree then they are perfectly free not to re-elect me in February. I haven't heard any feedback aside from Gabu's completely incomprehensible private message (and Gabu is not in the Pacific Region anyway). If people are seriously getting irritated with what I have been doing, I desire to be enlightened as to what comes across as being most bothersome.

I don't remember what happened in December that distresses you so much. You shall have to refresh our memories.

Also, I am not a Stalinist.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2007, 06:17:53 PM »

I shall not apologise for proposing "Stalinist" regional legislation that was clearly intended to be humourous and nothing more.

I think you should propose legislation to ban the free transfer of money in exchange of goods or services next.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »

Something "almost" happened, that means it didn't. Relax. What exactly happened in December, anyway?

You know what you have to do for New Mexico to join the Midwest. You have to convince Verin to trade Montana. Otherwise, you're staying in the Pacific. As the current votes show, chances are you are the only one in the region who supports New Mexico joining the Midwest, and you're going to have convince 67% of the region to just give you up. I don't think you can make this happen, unless you arrange the trade of Montana.

And I still think it is amusing that you call me a Stalinist when I have in no way abused my powers as Governor. Verin, on the other hand, is an imperalistic dictator-wannabe. He is clearly more of a Stalinist than I am. Would you not have to be a fan of Stalinism to leave the non-Stalinist regioin of the Pacific for the Stalinist region of the Midwest?
*cough* *cough*

Pardon me, I had a frog in my throat. Smiley

The fact that the Pacific has such a large Stalinist contingent is disturbing. Angry December was when the lunatic legislation began to roll into the Pacific.

Actually, I doubt I'll get approval in any event, but I'll [OOC: play the game] go through this circus of flaming hoops as a gesture of good faith! And the Region is showing itself to be supporters of imperialism, by preventing New Mexico from choosing its own destiny!

Nay, for Verin is the very model of a good governor, and the Midwest is the very model of a good Region! Tongue Their legislation may be lighthearted, but it isn't as radical on a base level as things getting enacted into law right this second in the Pacific! Angry OOC: Heh heh heh heh heh
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2007, 06:25:21 PM »

I shall not apologise for proposing "Stalinist" regional legislation that was clearly intended to be humourous and nothing more.

I think you should propose legislation to ban the free transfer of money in exchange of goods or services next.
Maybe I should propose legislation to ban you from the Pacific Region.

Anti-Gabu Act
1. Gabu is hereby banned from the Pacific Region.
2. Smuggling Gabu into the Pacific Region is punishable by a 200,000$ fine and lifelong exile to Ethiopia.

(This is not a serious proposal. Please do not treat it as such.)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2007, 06:37:39 PM »

I shall not apologise for proposing "Stalinist" regional legislation that was clearly intended to be humourous and nothing more. I was under the impression that everyone was aware of my propensity toward exaggeratedly vitriolic humour and therefore assumed that everyone would be sensible enough to simply read through my blatantly unconstitutional proposals, maybe chuckle at how utterly ridiculous they were, and move on without degenerating into angry rambling. Apparently I was incorrect.

I don't believe that I have done anything noteworthily offensive as Pacific Senator, though obviously if the Pacific residents disagree then they are perfectly free not to re-elect me in February. I haven't heard any feedback aside from Gabu's completely incomprehensible private message (and Gabu is not in the Pacific Region anyway). If people are seriously getting irritated with what I have been doing, I desire to be enlightened as to what comes across as being most bothersome.

I don't remember what happened in December that distresses you so much. You shall have to refresh our memories.

Also, I am not a Stalinist.

[OOC: But in-game, there would be no way for the people of the Pacific to know that, now is there? Tongue ]

As stated before, that's when the nutty extremist legislation arrived. Tongue

[OOC: Again, in-game, proposing and voting for that legislation would make you a Stalinist. Tongue ]
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: January 05, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »

Maybe I should propose legislation to ban you from the Pacific Region.

Anti-Gabu Act
1. Gabu is hereby banned from the Pacific Region.
2. Smuggling Gabu into the Pacific Region is punishable by a 200,000$ fine and lifelong exile to Ethiopia.

(This is not a serious proposal. Please do not treat it as such.)

SEE! SEE! MORE STALINIST LEGISLATION! Angry

Left yourself open to that one Kiki
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2007, 06:41:04 PM »

*cough* *cough*

Pardon me, I had a frog in my throat. Smiley

The fact that the Pacific has such a large Stalinist contingent is disturbing. Angry December was when the lunatic legislation began to roll into the Pacific.

Actually, I doubt I'll get approval in any event, but I'll [OOC: play the game] go through this circus of flaming hoops as a gesture of good faith! And the Region is showing itself to be supporters of imperialism, by preventing New Mexico from choosing its own destiny!

Nay, for Verin is the very model of a good governor, and the Midwest is the very model of a good Region! Tongue Their legislation may be lighthearted, but it isn't as radical on a base level as things getting enacted into law right this second in the Pacific! Angry OOC: Heh heh heh heh heh

WMS, I strongly disagree.  I am sure we would overwhelmingly trade New Mexico for Montana. However, we feel like we are being robbed of a state. The only one who is being difficult is Verin.

Montana does not have any voters, therefore Montana could not say no to being traded. Only the Midwesterners can deny the trade of Montana. Only Verin is keeping you in the Pacific, WMS.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies