Emsworth/ Q Campaign Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:02:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Emsworth/ Q Campaign Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Emsworth/ Q Campaign Headquarters  (Read 1552 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2005, 01:26:21 PM »
« edited: September 19, 2005, 05:44:14 PM by Emsworth »

*Nyman, District of Columbia*

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The midterm elections having concluded, and the new Senate having been sworn in, the attention of many Atlasians turns to the upcoming presidential elections in October. Today, it is my pleasure to address you, and my honor to announce that I will be seeking the Office of President of Atlasia.

I promise that, if elected, I will be an active leader, rather than a figurehead. I will not content myself with making appointments, and doing little else: on the contrary, I intend to be a full partner in the process of lawmaking and in the government. I urge my fellow Atlasians to look forward to the next horizon, to the horizon of an effective and active Administration.

I feel that my record as Vice President would demonstrate that these are not empty words. I have, during my tenure, written several bills, and participated in many Senate debates. I have also regularly performed my duties as President of the Senate. If my political career so far is any indication, you may rest assured that my promises are not hollow.

Over the coming days, I will set out before you an outline of my proposals to help build a just and prosperous Atlasia, an Atlasia which respects freedom, an Atlasia which can hold her head high in the fellowship of nations. In the meantime, as the electorate contemplates the solemn choice it must make next month, I hope that it may see fit to vote for me, to vote for a strong and effective Presidency, to vote for a new horizon of leadership.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank You and Good Day.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 01:37:31 PM »

You have my full support, Mr. Vice President!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 01:41:34 PM »

Good luck, Emsworth.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 02:19:33 PM »

Bets of luck to you, Vice President Emsworth Smiley
skybridge
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 03:28:22 PM »

Aight.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 03:43:37 PM »

Well this comes as no surprise.... Tongue

Good luck, Emsworth!!! Grin
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 03:57:56 PM »

Excellent! As a fellow centrist, you will obviously be preferenced highly by me. Best of luck to ya! SmileySmileySmiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 03:59:46 PM »

cool
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 04:03:12 PM »

Good luck, Emsworth.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 04:34:23 PM »

Excellent.  Mr. Vice-President, you have my full and unflinching support
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 04:47:03 PM »

\/\/007
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 05:50:39 PM »

Thank you, everyone, for your very kind words. I am prepared to answer any questions that you may have for me.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 05:52:46 PM »

Mr. Vice President, what are you most proud of your administration accomplishing?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 06:01:56 PM »

Mr. Vice President, what are you most proud of your administration accomplishing?
Before I answer, Judge Casey, I would point out that it's not my administration. I am but a deputy. Tongue

In terms of laws, I am most proud of two bills, the Affirmative Action Act and the Abolition of Discrimination in the Military Act. The former prevents the federal government from using affirmative action; the latter ends the policy that bans non-heterosexuals from the military. Both of these bills represent a victory for equality before the law, and end the scourge of discrimination in the federal government. People will be hired, or allowed to enlist in the military, on the basis of their merits, not on irrelevant characteristics such as race.

In terms of other accomplishments, I am most proud of my record as President of the Senate. I feel that the Senate is considering legislation much more efficiently now. Previously, a new bill could take months to come up before the Senate; now, it can arrive on the floor in about a week or two. This was accomplished not by cutting debate times, but by a punctual approach to opening and closing votes.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 06:02:48 PM »

Sounds good!! Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 06:04:50 PM »

What are your two main criticisms of Siege?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »

What are your two main criticisms of Siege?
I do not intend to evade your question, Jake, but I think it would be highly unfair of me to criticize a non-candidate in this race, especially when I don't feel that criticism would be productive. The Presidency is a tough job, and I do not feel that I should be judgmental. Even criticizing a candidate is something I would not want to do, except under the most extreme circumstances, because I intend this to be a positive campaign.

However, as you have asked the question, I would suggest that you consider the President's own criticism of himself: see his edit to his AtlasWiki biography.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 06:22:57 PM »

Fair enough.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 06:46:36 PM »

sounds good
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 07:13:52 PM »

Have you chosen your running mate already? I haven't been checking this forum regularly, so I'm behind on news. Tongue
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 07:17:57 PM »

Have you chosen your running mate already?
No, I haven't. I intend to keep everyone hanging in suspense, and the potential running mates in feverish anticipation, for some time. Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 09:21:15 PM »

Emsworth, could you please display a range of emotions, including but not limited to:

-Happiness
-Sadness
-Apathy
-Anger
-Envy
-Lustfulness Shocked
-Surprise

(Please do not take the easy way out and have a long list of emoticons)

I'd also like you to say the word 'subjective' in a sentence without saying it like it's a bad word, and make a subjective statement.

That is all Cheesy
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 09:34:49 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2005, 11:45:25 AM by Emsworth »

Emsworth, could you please display a range of emotions, including but not limited to:
Sorry, "Emotions are alien to me." -- Spock

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Every statement is subjective. Wink
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 10:17:59 PM »

Emsworth has my endorsement.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005, 05:56:23 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the most important elements of a government's policy is taxation. Taxes help fund the national defense, the courts, and several vital government programs. At the same time, taxes should not be so high that they become a severe burden for Atlasia's citizenry.

Our tax code is extremely complex, and few citizens understand it. We have a litany of exemptions, deductions, and credits, which often become loopholes with which some can avoid paying their fair share of taxes altogether. I would eliminate these loopholes, but at the same time retain important deductions such as the personal and dependants' exemptions. The maze of the tax code would be simplified by repealing these convultions: it would become more understandable and more accessible to the People.

The elimination of these loopholes would also allow us to abolish one of the most unpleasant taxes, the Alternative Minimum Tax. This is a very complicated branch of the personal income tax system, and can force an individual to incur high expenses relating to tax preparation. It was instituted to prevent people from using the loopholes in the regular income tax system, but if we abolish those loopholes, what need remains for this execrable tax?

I would also like to note that I am not in favor of income tax increases. A high tax rate discourages investment, and causes harm to the economy, as the history of the United States has shown. If, however, taxes are kept low, then the economy can flourish, and individuals need not suffer an unbearable or unfair tax burden.

I hope that you would elect me to the Presidency, so that I can help put such a tax policy into effect when the Senate begins consideration of the Budget. I am confident that this policy would lead to a growing economy and a prosperous Atlasia.

Thank you, everyone, for listening. I will be happy to take questions relating to my proposed tax policy, if the audience has any.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies