2020 - Pastor Steven L. Anderson (R-AZ) vs Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:05:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 - Pastor Steven L. Anderson (R-AZ) vs Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 - Pastor Steven L. Anderson (R-AZ) vs Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)  (Read 3143 times)
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:17:15 PM »

Post your maps below...

Here's mine

Pastor Steven Anderson (R-AZ)/Senator Austin Peterson (R-MO) - 306 EV 48.0% PV
Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)/Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) - 232 EV 49.2% PV
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:40:31 PM »

Not to say that Americans aren’t susceptible to allying themselves with very questionable individuals  (hence our current president), but Anderson would likely be destroyed and I fail to see why you think he would successful. Anderson has little to no name recognition, and the only name recognition he or his church has is strictly from two infamous events that would hurt him with a solid majority of the electorate:

1. Saying that he prayed for Obama’s death
2. His church’s stance that homosexuality should be punished with death leading to the SPLC deeming his church a hate group

This might energize radical conservatives but would be massive turnoffs to everyone else. He also lacks any relevant experience (yes, yes, Trump was elected, but I strongly believe most of the country still sees this as a net negative). I guess him being a religious leader would be an endearing quality to many Christian voters, but I think it would completely alienate all religious minorities and Democratic margins among those groups would be even higher than usual.

This should lead to a very large Harris victory, especially considering this be immediately after the very unpopular previous Republican administration.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:12:59 PM »

Not to say that Americans aren’t susceptible to allying themselves with very questionable individuals  (hence our current president), but Anderson would likely be destroyed and I fail to see why you think he would successful. Anderson has little to no name recognition, and the only name recognition he or his church has is strictly from two infamous events that would hurt him with a solid majority of the electorate:

1. Saying that he prayed for Obama’s death
2. His church’s stance that homosexuality should be punished with death leading to the SPLC deeming his church a hate group

This might energize radical conservatives but would be massive turnoffs to everyone else. He also lacks any relevant experience (yes, yes, Trump was elected, but I strongly believe most of the country still sees this as a net negative). I guess him being a religious leader would be an endearing quality to many Christian voters, but I think it would completely alienate all religious minorities and Democratic margins among those groups would be even higher than usual.

This should lead to a very large Harris victory, especially considering this be immediately after the very unpopular previous Republican administration.

He's actually pretty liberal on a few issues such as immigration, war, non intervention, and Israel-Palestine. Plus he hates the vets so I'm sure that will bring many cross over democrats and he sided with Muslims over gays and Jews so that could help him win more democrats potentially.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »

After reading the wikipedia article, I can say that Harris gets >80% of the vote and >90% of the remaining vote go to third parties. No map necessary.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 12:31:32 AM »

After reading the wikipedia article, I can say that Harris gets >80% of the vote and >90% of the remaining vote go to third parties. No map necessary.

Pastor Steven Anderson absolutely hates Trump and Pence and has slammed both of them as being "fake christians" and "reprobates" some of that does have to do with his far right wing views on homosexuality and sodomy but he also has expressed views against The Republican Party as a whole and conservative radio talk show hosts such as Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck. He's also attacked Chris Kyle and has said he's a coward and he's slammed nationalism and interventionist foreign policies. Not to mention he claims to be a supporter of Judaism but is a holocaust denier and opposes Israel's right to exist. This could all be stuff that could get democrats to cross over and vote for him.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 12:42:15 AM »

Sen. Kamala Harris/Sen. Sherrod Brown: 468 Electoral Votes, 55.6%
Sen. Mitt Romney/Fmr. Gov. Bill Hallam: 43 Electoral Votes, 27.6%[/i]
Pastor Steven L. Anderson/Fmr. Rep. Bob Dornan: 27 Electoral Votes, 16.0%
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 09:49:19 AM »

snip
Sen. Kamala Harris/Sen. Sherrod Brown: 468 Electoral Votes, 55.6%
Sen. Mitt Romney/Fmr. Gov. Bill Hallam: 43 Electoral Votes, 27.6%[/i]
Pastor Steven L. Anderson/Fmr. Rep. Bob Dornan: 27 Electoral Votes, 16.0%

Anderson is a holocaust denier who supported the Orlando nightclub shooting. It's delusional to suggest he could win any state. This thread is bait for ill informed maps and is trolling.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »

Not to mention he claims to be a supporter of Judaism but is a holocaust denier and opposes Israel's right to exist. This could all be stuff that could get democrats to cross over and vote for him.

#1: You're a bad troll. If you're gonna come in this forum just to make other people have a bad time, at least be convincing.
#2: Jews are mostly Democrats. What?
#3: What?HuhHuh
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »

Looking this guy up, as Bagelman (partially) said, the only way he wins any state is if we find out Kamala Harris has been banging kids.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »

What's his base though?  There isn't much crossover between Evangelical Christians and holocaust deniers/alt-right.  How would he even win the primary?
Medal506
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 04:07:02 PM »

What's his base though?  There isn't much crossover between Evangelical Christians and holocaust deniers/alt-right.  How would he even win the primary?

He could win the Muslim vote in the general election since he has actually defended Palestinians over Israel and has openly opposed Israel right to exist. Not to mention that he believes that gays should be executed so that would definitely excite the Muslim voting base especially from a Republican who typically takes the side of Jews of Palastinians but this time would actually defend Palestine over Israel.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 04:31:57 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2018, 04:35:49 PM by ERM64man »

What's his base though?  There isn't much crossover between Evangelical Christians and holocaust deniers/alt-right.  How would he even win the primary?
It is true Anderson hates Trump. Tom Metzger does too. There's a ton of crossover. Alt-right politician Paul Nehlen associates with holocaust deniers and conspiracy theorists like Kevin MacDonald.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 05:16:20 PM »

What's his base though?  There isn't much crossover between Evangelical Christians and holocaust deniers/alt-right.  How would he even win the primary?
It is true Anderson hates Trump. Tom Metzger does too. There's a ton of crossover. Alt-right politician Paul Nehlen associates with holocaust deniers and conspiracy theorists like Kevin MacDonald.

He also support amnesty for illegals as long as their soles are "saved" and they are true christians. He definitely has a chance at the Hispanic vote.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »

Pastor Steven Anderson absolutely hates Trump and Pence and has slammed both of them as being "fake christians" and "reprobates" some of that does have to do with his far right wing views on homosexuality and sodomy but he also has expressed views against The Republican Party as a whole and conservative radio talk show hosts such as Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck. He's also attacked Chris Kyle and has said he's a coward and he's slammed nationalism and interventionist foreign policies. Not to mention he claims to be a supporter of Judaism but is a holocaust denier and opposes Israel's right to exist. This could all be stuff that could get democrats to cross over and vote for him.

You think Democrats will crossover to vote for an anti-Semite and someone who criticizes Hannity from the right?
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »

Obvious troll thread is obvious. Anderson would win zero states and would be lucky to get 10% of the vote.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »

The alt-right has a lot of people who identify as Christians, but that's to be expected since most Americans do.  Atheists and neopagans are overrepresented in the group as well.

If anything, the issue with Evangelicals is blind support for everything Israel does.  I'm one of the few who is moderate on Israel/Palestine.  I've sadly heard Evangelical Christians say racist things, but I've never heard anti-semitic comments from a single Evangelical.  I was honestly shocked when I first heard that there were some.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 10:59:03 PM »

The alt-right has a lot of people who identify as Christians, but that's to be expected since most Americans do.  Atheists and neopagans are overrepresented in the group as well.

If anything, the issue with Evangelicals is blind support for everything Israel does.  I'm one of the few who is moderate on Israel/Palestine.  I've sadly heard Evangelical Christians say racist things, but I've never heard anti-semitic comments from a single Evangelical.  I was honestly shocked when I first heard that there were some.

Steven Anderson is fully on the side of the Palestinians and the Muslims who want to execute homosexuals. I don't know I feel Democrats would without a doubt cross over to him with his strong support of amnesty and anti Semitic retroric. Plus the fact that he hates Trump and Pence and Cruz is definitely going to help.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 12:03:05 AM »

Steven Anderson is fully on the side of the Palestinians and the Muslims who want to execute homosexuals. I don't know I feel Democrats would without a doubt cross over to him with his strong support of amnesty and anti Semitic retroric. Plus the fact that he hates Trump and Pence and Cruz is definitely going to help.
It's honestly sad if you think you're in anyway being clever or original with this trolling. This man likely wouldn't even win a majority of registered Republicans, and Democrats and Independents would turn against him so bigly that it would make your head spin.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »

It's honestly sad if you think you're in anyway being clever or original with this trolling. This man likely wouldn't even win a majority of registered Republicans, and Democrats and Independents would turn against him so bigly that it would make your head spin.

I don't know I think democrats could definitely cross over to him
Medal506
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »

You Pastor Anderson is very anti war. Very pro immigration. He even said he doesn't care if you come here illegally as long as you're a true believer in God. He also has said America means absolutely nothing to him and he's ultimately a Christian first and doesn't believe in nationalism. Not to mention that he is completely opposed to israel's right to exist and he hates zionisism and he's attacked our government for government intervention across the world. That's definitely something that democrats could cross over for. Plus he could have a lot of republicans leave him for similar reasons they left Barry Goldwater or Trump but at the same time democrats may very well vote him in to destroy the Republican Party by electing an anarcho right wing extremist who also could have some foreign policy ideas that they like.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 10:33:09 PM »

You Pastor Anderson is very anti war. Very pro immigration. He even said he doesn't care if you come here illegally as long as you're a true believer in God. He also has said America means absolutely nothing to him and he's ultimately a Christian first and doesn't believe in nationalism. Not to mention that he is completely opposed to israel's right to exist and he hates zionisism and he's attacked our government for government intervention across the world. That's definitely something that democrats could cross over for. Plus he could have a lot of republicans leave him for similar reasons they left Barry Goldwater or Trump but at the same time democrats may very well vote him in to destroy the Republican Party by electing an anarcho right wing extremist who also could have some foreign policy ideas that they like.

Most Democrats don’t fall for the “Christian first” rhetoric like Republicans do. Regardless, I could guarantee that being pro-Palestine and moderate on immigration will not be nearly enough to make a significant amount of Democrats vote for a severely anti-LGBT politically inexperienced pastor who said he prayed for the death of the last Democratic president. If he really is a Holocaust denier (I don’t know enough about him), that absolutely would not help him among the Democratic electorate and I don’t know whether you said that as a jab at Democrats supposedly being anti-Semitic (despite a vast majority of Jewish voters voting Democrat) or because you actually think that Holocaust deniers are usually liberals, because both of those charges are absolutely false.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies