AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:32:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso  (Read 103933 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:51 PM »

I can empathize--I can't believe they called MA-gov for Baker when the town of New Ashford hasn't even reported yet. New Ashford voted heavily for Clinton and Coakley.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #701 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »

Sinema lead updated to 9,600 as of 8:15 PM EST.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #702 on: November 08, 2018, 08:20:53 PM »

When should we know the winner?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #703 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »

Greenlee County, Arizona used to be more swingy, maybe even Democratic leaning.

But that was a very long time ago. The last time a Democrat won it was in 1996 with Bill Clinton and at that time the Republican/conservative vote was divided between Dole and Perot.

Both Mondale and McGovern won it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #704 on: November 08, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #705 on: November 08, 2018, 08:23:48 PM »

Laura Ingraham sticking a fork in McSally-

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: November 08, 2018, 08:24:40 PM »

Thanks.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #707 on: November 08, 2018, 08:24:50 PM »

Rosen and Sinema winning (which looks likely now), helps soften the losses in the Senate. Nevada has officially joined the left coast with CA, OR, WA, and HI and hopefully Arizona follows suit soon.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #708 on: November 08, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »

I'm still angry about the 'tards down here, but I concede that we have won the election now.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #709 on: November 08, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2018, 08:44:34 PM by UWS »

Even then, only 87 % of the vote is reported in the Greenlee County and is strongly Republican and Trump won it by 24 percentage points in 2016.

Look at the number of votes it casts. There's like 50 people living there, lol.

Nope, 9455 live in this county.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenlee_County,_Arizona

Are you high?
It's obvious you haven't look on this link in order to see the obvious facts.

Obvious facts huh... okay Mr. Factoids, I have a question for you. Smiley

Why do you think it is the case that Dane county has over 500,000 people in it, but only about 300,000 vote when turnout is almost at 90%? Let me know when you have an answer, and we can talk about your wonderful Greenlee County analysis.

Because the Dane County is already safe blue and so there are some people who either don't feel to need to go to vote or don't have yet the required age to vote. But as we saw in the previous 2 midterm elections, the Republicans had a clear advantage over the Democrats in terms of electoral turnout, including in red counties. And that's exactly how they won the senate elections. So don't tell me about knowing what I'm talking about.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #710 on: November 08, 2018, 08:34:58 PM »

IMHO I think it will be tomorrow.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #711 on: November 08, 2018, 08:35:42 PM »

i have a bad felling about where the precinicts from maricopa came from? do we have any idea/
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #712 on: November 08, 2018, 08:40:35 PM »

i have a bad felling about where the precinicts from maricopa came from? do we have any idea/

They came from Phoenix.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #713 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »

Yeah, Sinema has this. FL and MS are where the real suspense is now.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #714 on: November 08, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »

There's no suspense in MS.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #715 on: November 08, 2018, 08:47:18 PM »

Well, the suspense of whether Espy loses by low-double digits or can manage to keep it to high-single digits.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #716 on: November 08, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »

I hope UWS reads up about Arizona voting information by the time Sinema is declared the winner.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #717 on: November 08, 2018, 08:50:16 PM »

If both Bill Nelson and Kyrsten Sinema end up winning, then the Senate probably leans decently towards the Democrats in 2020.

Both Donald Trump and Doug Jones (AL) are probably going to lose re-election. All other Democratic seats are probably going to stay. This would mean that Democrats need to flip 3 Senate seats to take the Senate.

Cory Gardner (CO) will probably lose, which would mean that Democrats simply need to flip 2 more seats.

At the next level, we have Susan Collins (ME), Joni Ernst (IA), Thom Tillis (NC), and an Arizona Special Election.

Gun to my head at this point, I think we beat Collins and Tillis, and we take the Arizona seat, but we lose against Ernst. This would be 1 more seat than we need.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #718 on: November 08, 2018, 08:55:28 PM »

Even then, only 87 % of the vote is reported in the Greenlee County and is strongly Republican and Trump won it by 24 percentage points in 2016.

Are you high?

Why do you think it is the case that Dane county has over 500,000 people in it, but only about 300,000 vote when turnout is almost at 90%? Let me know when you have an answer, and we can talk about your wonderful Greenlee County analysis.

Because the Dane County is already safe blue and so there are some people who either don't feel to need to go to vote or don't have yet the required age to vote. But as we saw in the previous 2 midterm elections, the Republicans had a clear advantage over the Democrats in terms of electoral turnout, including in red counties. And that's exactly how they won the senate elections. So don't tell me about knowing what I'm talking about.

WRONG

Because there are many people who can't vote: children/teenagers (not just these), felons, undocumented, etc. who do count towards population

So I will now tell you that you don't know what you're talking about.

Case closed
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #719 on: November 08, 2018, 08:55:57 PM »

Nice rhyme!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #720 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:18 PM »

I know MS is safe R but I have a feeling Espy might have a narrowish margin in single digits coz he probably has dominated the air waves.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #721 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »

The problem with MS is that even if we win it's a two-year loan which doesn't help us much in 2020 (though if I concede that if Espy somehow beats CHS then he probably has at least some chance as an incumbent).
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #722 on: November 08, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2018, 09:15:37 PM by UWS »

Are you high?

WRONG

Because there are many people who can't vote: children/teenagers (not just these), felons, undocumented, etc. who do count towards population

Case closed

Absolutely wrong. I know exactly what I'm talking about. And if I really didn't, why is this that your party lost 3 seats and that the Republicans won the senate election very bigly by winning 3 net gains? I have said from the very beginning that there were children and teenagers in the population that's what I meant about people who don't have yet the required age to be eligible to vote. In all evidence, you're not even reading my posts, you're not even listening to me and that's why you repeated a part of my argument. So you are the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #723 on: November 08, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2018, 09:14:42 PM by UWS »

MS? Unless you just mean that is because there will be a run off, I have strong doubt that there is real suspense there. Hyde-Smith is leading in the run off polls by over 10 points and if you combine her electoral numbers with McDaniel's it would make approximately 58 % of the vote.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #724 on: November 08, 2018, 09:14:44 PM »

Are you high?

WRONG

Case closed

Absolutely wrong. I know exactly what I'm talking about. If I really didn't, why is this that the Republicans won the senate election very bigly by winning 3 net gains? I have said from the very beginning that there were children and teenagers in the population that's what I meant about people who don't have yet the required age to be eligible to vote. In all evidence, you're not even reading my posts, you're not even listening to me and that's why you repeated a part of my argument. So you are the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

See the bolded part acknowledging what you said. You just keep landing eggs on your face and claiming you landed them on me. Keep 'em coming.

You don't seem to understand just how many people of the total population fall into those other categories. You can't cite population estimates on WIKIPEDIA as evidence of more potential votes in a particular election.

Leave that garbage at the door.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies