Opinion of Mike Naso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:36:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Mike Naso
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Mike Naso
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Opinion of Mike Naso  (Read 1976 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »

One thing I've always wondered is, what did Donald J. Trump ever do to deserve this kind of loyalty and trust from his supporters? All he did was run his mouth for 1.5 years leading up the election, and bam, instant loyalty. God, I mean even I never trusted Obama like that. Especially not Clinton either (both of them - although Bill was getting elected for the first time as I was being born, so he is mostly irrelevant to me). It doesn't seem to matter what the accusation against Trump is - the first thing that runs through their mind is, "this must be bs," and every thought thereafter is just a series of attempts to delegitimize or argue against it. It doesn't matter what it is. A tape comes out showing him bragging about groping women, then accusers follow backing it up, and no, it's just "locker room talk." He makes fun of a disabled journalist on STAGE AT A RALLY ON LIVE TV, and suddenly it's "just a joke." Crickets on his scam Trump University. "It's nothing" on his super profitable DC hotel while he's president, with international diplomats pouring money into it to curry favor. Crickets! And finally when they admit something must be true, they then say "it doesn't matter." For christs sake, if you just care about your party holding power, just say it. Just say the man is a trash-talking liar, but at least you're getting the policy you want. At least that's being honest.

Again, I just don't get what this man has ever done to deserve such loyalty. He's not a nice man. He's such a blatant jerk and has a solid reputation for putting himself first and lying day and night right through his teeth. It's not even like it's hard to prove it most of the time. He lies blatantly, even when he's caught. It's just become so normal for this to happen that hardly anyone brings it up anymore. And god forbid I link politifact, as Trump long ago labeled that FAKE NEWS and his followers instinctively treat it as such, even though they document his falsehoods - which are way higher than past presidents and presidential candidates. Did it ever dawn on them why Trump has so viciously gone after every single institution that can or has tried to put a check on his power? The media. Fact-checking sites. LAW ENFORCEMENT. How is it not obvious what he's trying to do?

As a new year's resolution, I just hope for some Trump supporters to take a step back and maybe try to assess the situation a bit more objectively. Genuinely ask themselves whether they may trust Trump a little too much, or at least WHY do they trust him so much. Maybe wonder if any politician deserves that, but particularly one with so much bad history.

I think it's combinations of class, race, gender and cultural wars.

One reason I accurately predicted Trump's possible victory, despite being torn apart by people on this message board, was because I see myself and my family as your traditional white-working class American household.

My mom went to Catholic school but isn't overtly religious and doesn't go to church regularly. She voted for Obama twice but is against gay marriage, rolls her eyes at racial things like "black lives matters" and voted enthusiastically for Donald Trump. She would care less if there was a true Muslim ban in the country. She has no vested interest in any liberal causes. She can jam to a Beyonce song but rolls her eyes when she wears a black panthers-type outfit at a Superbowl halftime show. She roots for Lebron James but rolls her eyes or shrugs when he campaigns with Hillary Clinton.

Basically, she's not ideological. She votes for who makes her comfortable. Now you might wonder, why would a 49 year old woman be comfortable with a guy like Donald Trump? Well, she graduated High School in 1986 in Cleveland Ohio. The people around her were predominately Italians, Polish, and almost all Catholic. They had pictures of Pope John Paul II on their walls, idolized stories about the wonderful J.F.K. and voted for Ronald Reagan. They lived in almost all white neighborhoods, and she grew up with three brothers and is twice married with a conservative old-fashioned son (me).

My mother told me a story recently that I was really shocked by. She said when she was 18 years old, on her last day of High School in what would have been June 1986, her photography class teacher asked her to join him in the "darkroom" after class. She said he was an "average looking normal 30-something year old guy". He turned on the light and hung up all over the walls of the room were pictures he had taken of her during class the entire school-year. Working on papers, writing, sitting in her chair at her desk.

I said, "What the heck! He probably had the hots for you and was like obsessed. What happened?"

She shrugged and said, "Meh, I didn't care. I was just like, "wow thanks" and left."

I couldn't help but think that in that naive Catholic Polish politically incorrect Cleveland classroom in 1986 how nobody would have cared. Today, it would be a nationwide school scandal. My mother was completely oblivious and undeterred by the entire thing.

Things were different in our culture. One movie I loved was a Touchstone Disney film called "Adventures in Babysitting". This was a funny scene at the beginning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og-pk5lXroU

Do you think my family or me and my sisters were offended? Do you think we were scarred? Do you think we cried? We did not care. Nobody did. Many still don't.

I think the reason Clinton lost white women over 40 is because these are mostly women like my mom. They do believe that "boys will be boys" and "locker room talk". They shrug at things. They really DON'T CARE. What did Savannah Guthrie say on NBC on election night? "The Trump voters are saying "WE HEAR YOU...BUT WE DON'T CARE."

We hear what you say, but we don't care anymore.

...Apparently "muh political correctness" is worse than a teacher attempting to rape his mother.

Yeah HP before but this is a whole new level.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:41:27 PM »

Always been trash.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Again, this woman must have been on f**king quaaludes. If I got news this bad, I would at least get out as soon as possible. This is like meeting Jeffrey Dahmer at his apartment and feigning interest in his dead body collection.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:40:13 PM »

The king of the trolls, he’s awesome!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:58:07 PM »

A mistake.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:13:00 PM »

Up there with users like Mister Twister for best atlas troll.

Mister Twister was funny.
Naso is just obnoxious.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 10:04:43 PM »

I don’t know foresure if Naso is consciously trolling

Trust us, he is not. He believes every word he says.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »

Nice guy, FF.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 12:36:09 AM »

I can't believe that someone like him actually exists
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 01:41:32 AM »

Naso is definitely not a troll. He genuinely believes the things he posts, and unfortunately he provides us with an incredibly lucid look inside the average right-winger’s brain.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 01:51:41 AM »

One thing I've always wondered is, what did Donald J. Trump ever do to deserve this kind of loyalty and trust from his supporters? All he did was run his mouth for 1.5 years leading up the election, and bam, instant loyalty. God, I mean even I never trusted Obama like that. Especially not Clinton either (both of them - although Bill was getting elected for the first time as I was being born, so he is mostly irrelevant to me). It doesn't seem to matter what the accusation against Trump is - the first thing that runs through their mind is, "this must be bs," and every thought thereafter is just a series of attempts to delegitimize or argue against it. It doesn't matter what it is. A tape comes out showing him bragging about groping women, then accusers follow backing it up, and no, it's just "locker room talk." He makes fun of a disabled journalist on STAGE AT A RALLY ON LIVE TV, and suddenly it's "just a joke." Crickets on his scam Trump University. "It's nothing" on his super profitable DC hotel while he's president, with international diplomats pouring money into it to curry favor. Crickets! And finally when they admit something must be true, they then say "it doesn't matter." For christs sake, if you just care about your party holding power, just say it. Just say the man is a trash-talking liar, but at least you're getting the policy you want. At least that's being honest.

Again, I just don't get what this man has ever done to deserve such loyalty. He's not a nice man. He's such a blatant jerk and has a solid reputation for putting himself first and lying day and night right through his teeth. It's not even like it's hard to prove it most of the time. He lies blatantly, even when he's caught. It's just become so normal for this to happen that hardly anyone brings it up anymore. And god forbid I link politifact, as Trump long ago labeled that FAKE NEWS and his followers instinctively treat it as such, even though they document his falsehoods - which are way higher than past presidents and presidential candidates. Did it ever dawn on them why Trump has so viciously gone after every single institution that can or has tried to put a check on his power? The media. Fact-checking sites. LAW ENFORCEMENT. How is it not obvious what he's trying to do?

As a new year's resolution, I just hope for some Trump supporters to take a step back and maybe try to assess the situation a bit more objectively. Genuinely ask themselves whether they may trust Trump a little too much, or at least WHY do they trust him so much. Maybe wonder if any politician deserves that, but particularly one with so much bad history.

I think it's combinations of class, race, gender and cultural wars.

One reason I accurately predicted Trump's possible victory, despite being torn apart by people on this message board, was because I see myself and my family as your traditional white-working class American household.

My mom went to Catholic school but isn't overtly religious and doesn't go to church regularly. She voted for Obama twice but is against gay marriage, rolls her eyes at racial things like "black lives matters" and voted enthusiastically for Donald Trump. She would care less if there was a true Muslim ban in the country. She has no vested interest in any liberal causes. She can jam to a Beyonce song but rolls her eyes when she wears a black panthers-type outfit at a Superbowl halftime show. She roots for Lebron James but rolls her eyes or shrugs when he campaigns with Hillary Clinton.

Basically, she's not ideological. She votes for who makes her comfortable. Now you might wonder, why would a 49 year old woman be comfortable with a guy like Donald Trump? Well, she graduated High School in 1986 in Cleveland Ohio. The people around her were predominately Italians, Polish, and almost all Catholic. They had pictures of Pope John Paul II on their walls, idolized stories about the wonderful J.F.K. and voted for Ronald Reagan. They lived in almost all white neighborhoods, and she grew up with three brothers and is twice married with a conservative old-fashioned son (me).

My mother told me a story recently that I was really shocked by. She said when she was 18 years old, on her last day of High School in what would have been June 1986, her photography class teacher asked her to join him in the "darkroom" after class. She said he was an "average looking normal 30-something year old guy". He turned on the light and hung up all over the walls of the room were pictures he had taken of her during class the entire school-year. Working on papers, writing, sitting in her chair at her desk.

I said, "What the heck! He probably had the hots for you and was like obsessed. What happened?"

She shrugged and said, "Meh, I didn't care. I was just like, "wow thanks" and left."

I couldn't help but think that in that naive Catholic Polish politically incorrect Cleveland classroom in 1986 how nobody would have cared. Today, it would be a nationwide school scandal. My mother was completely oblivious and undeterred by the entire thing.

Things were different in our culture. One movie I loved was a Touchstone Disney film called "Adventures in Babysitting". This was a funny scene at the beginning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og-pk5lXroU

Do you think my family or me and my sisters were offended? Do you think we were scarred? Do you think we cried? We did not care. Nobody did. Many still don't.

I think the reason Clinton lost white women over 40 is because these are mostly women like my mom. They do believe that "boys will be boys" and "locker room talk". They shrug at things. They really DON'T CARE. What did Savannah Guthrie say on NBC on election night? "The Trump voters are saying "WE HEAR YOU...BUT WE DON'T CARE."

We hear what you say, but we don't care anymore.

...Apparently "muh political correctness" is worse than a teacher attempting to rape his mother.

Yeah HP before but this is a whole new level.
Horrible Person, but still somehow preferable to BRTD.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 03:03:05 AM »

Time to re-use this:

One would expect that the forum’s opinion of Reaganfan would depend on whether they remember Ronald Wilson Reagan himself.  In the 1980s, American homes were, on a weekly basis, tuned into television programming such as “The A-Team”.  The protagonists of this show were people who could do jobs that the government was incapable of doing, and the government was always trying to stop them.  This fit the bill for the Reagan Era’s anti-government conservatism.  This was normal when one was living under the post-World War II cloud of communism.

Obviously, much has changed since then.  But the seeds of cultural decay actually began even before the 80s, when the good old days of the 1950s were replaced by the disillusionment of the radical 1960s and 1970s...all the while the Soviet Union was showing off its military strength. As this was happening, the 20 year old guy firing at German soldiers on French beaches was suddenly a 56 year old American who saw a likable but incompetent President fumbling the ball with the Soviets, having American hostages in Iran, and watching the country they had fought for radically change before their eyes. They were fed up. It didn't matter how likable President Carter was. It didn't matter how good of a speech he might give. The foreign policy failures and the economic recession were simply unacceptable.  Nowadays, when women and blacks constitute a solid majority of America, a Republican winning the popular vote is almost unthinkable.  But in 1980 America, figures such as Archie Bunker still had cultural currency, and so Reagan won a landslide beyond what any of the cultural elites of then or now could have imagined.

Unfortunately, this wouldn’t last.  Women, blacks, and even gays are now the majority.  And so we have an attempt by liberals to make it seem that if someone is a conservative or a member of the Republican Party, that the person should be considered either homophobic, racist, sexist or bigoted. This is due to the overwhelming facts about why certain voting blocs vote a certain way.

Now, before we go any further, let’s agree on two rules:

1. You cannot say that I am "generalizing" or "stereotyping". I'll let you in on a secret...nearly all of America is one big generalization. Generalizing is by far a foundational element of logic and human reasoning.

2. Everything can be interpreted as racist, due in part (funnily enough) because of generalizing. You can say, "I miss 50s music." Does that mean you wish Jim Crow Laws were still in existence? Of course not.

Now, with those ideas in mind, let's look at men vs. women. YES, you do have exceptions where there are men who vote liberal, women who vote conservative. This is clear. See Rule #1 about generalizations.

I remember watching interviews back in the 2012 election campaign, where reporters walk around college campuses or a neighborhood or wherever, and ask the men and women who they may consider voting for and why. Men, regardless of who they claimed they were voting for, seemed more issue oriented. "Ahh gas prices, etc”. "Obama killed Bin Laden, he's got my vote!" etc. Women on the other hand, seemed more emotion oriented. "Yeah I don't think he's done a good job on the economy...but I feel as though he is trying his hardest“. That's what nailed it for me.

To quote a film line from Sean Connery, the ultra tough-guy male, James Bond himself, “Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!” It's true that for the most part men couldn’t care less about emotion when it comes to voting. That's why so many men (a majority) voted for John McCain the same day virtually the entire world was gasping over the election of the first black President of the United States. They weren't voting based on race. They're not racist. They weren't voting based on the eccentricity of the moment or emotion. They voted on the issues. Women tend to vote on emotion.

Think of the general way dating is perceived. If a woman tells another girl that a guy just got out of jail, and he's a perceived a ”Bad Boy", chances are she will look at that as a positive. It's a turn on. It's dangerous.

If a man tells another man, "That girl just got out of jail, she's a bad girl, etc” chances are the guys will say, "Keep me the hell away from that crazy girl".

While that's a generalization, it's quite obvious the "bad" image appeals to women while men typically will tell each other, "Stay away from her, dude...she's bad news".

Then you end up with having many women think they can change the way a man is. Or they try and ameliorate and rectify a negative situation. "He only hits me because he loves me". That real emotion driven, "We may have 8% unemployment, but he's trying“. Men on the other hand are more likely to say, "I want results!"

That's why we have such a huge gender gap. Emotion. Democrats LOVE to drive voter emotion. I'll never forget my grandmother near tears because she read some pamphlet in the mail that said if George Bush is elected President in 2000, her social security would be gone on day 1 of his administration. Of course, George Bush defeated Al Gore in 2000, and my grandmother still has her Social Security, assuming that she’s still alive. It's the politics of fear. Often Democrats say Republicans are the party of fear, but it's actually the other way around.

Now, let’s talk about women and political knowledge.  The other day, I asked my sister if she could name all of the members of the A-Team, and who was president when they went on their first mission.  She said she thought the A-Team was the one with the talking car, and asked if the president at the time was Bill Clinton.  Exasperated, I asked her how she will feel when Red China beats us to Mars because too many of today’s youth don’t even know the answers to such basic popular culture questions.  I asked her how she would feel if the Chinese broadcast their Mars landing, and pre-empted her favorite television programming.  She said “I guess that would suck.”  Can you believe that she gave such a simple five word answer, with one of those words being “suck”?

So that’s why I don’t think Reaganfan will be seen as a Freedom Fighter here until America’s demographic trends are reversed, and Dirk Benedict is back on television.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 08:06:30 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 08:10:44 PM by IceSpear »

Naso is definitely not a troll. He genuinely believes the things he posts, and unfortunately he provides us with an incredibly lucid look inside the average right-winger’s brain.

It's for the best. Atlas needs to learn that the average right winger is not RINO Tom or Badger.

If anything, Naso is probably more coherent and logical than the average Republican, who if personalified would be typing incoherent all caps messages about Obummer's Mooselums and Killary's pedophile pizza ring and using racial slurs.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 11:36:31 PM »

Vile.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 12:42:48 AM »

I've despised him since I first became acquainted with him as a poster thirteen years ago, and my opinion hasn't changed.  
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 06:26:53 AM »

I remember how he blamed Obama for him not being rich yet.

How is Trump working out for you so far, Mike?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 08:49:59 AM »

While there's no doubt that he hams it up a little to get a reaction from liberals, Reaganfan represents the beliefs and attitude of tens of millions of Americans that would otherwise be totally unseen here.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 01:07:44 PM »

Problematic fave
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 01:59:02 PM »

The best positive remarks Reaganfan can seem to collect is how useful he is as a human experiment in understanding the minds of millions of conservatives in the wild.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 05:57:35 PM »

From what I've seen, has a very interesting thought pattern and contradictory thoughts on the economy. Tilt HP.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »

Serious question: is his name actually Naso? I always assumed that people called him NaSo as a shorthand for National Socialist.

He's fine. I always give points to people I disagree with who make honest and earnest arguments instead of being vile and nasty to other people.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »

I always assumed that people called him NaSo as a shorthand for National Socialist.

Wow... I never even saw that before.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 02:51:11 PM »

He’s awful. But at least he’s just stream of consciousness bad, not a troll trying to ruin to the forum for sport.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2018, 03:00:47 PM »

Serious question: is his name actually Naso? I always assumed that people called him NaSo as a shorthand for National Socialist.

He's fine. I always give points to people I disagree with who make honest and earnest arguments instead of being vile and nasty to other people.

Yes, that is actually his last name. But this alternate theory is much more hilarious.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 06:43:42 PM »

Naso isn't really a Nazi though. Interesting character study - much like BRTD in a way, his willingness to be open about how his political instincts are formed really makes him an integral part of the tapestry of this forum.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies