Poll: Do you believe that Trump is "very stable" and/or a "genius?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:55:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll: Do you believe that Trump is "very stable" and/or a "genius?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do you believe that Trump is "very stable" and/or a "genius?"
He is neither
He is stable, but not a genius
He is a genius, but not stable
He is both
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poll: Do you believe that Trump is "very stable" and/or a "genius?"  (Read 1769 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2018, 04:45:09 PM »
« edited: January 06, 2018, 05:28:14 PM by ProudModerate2 »

The President claims to be "a very stable genius" in one of his most recent Tweets.
Question: Do you believe that Trump is "very stable" and/or a "genius?"

Vote and Discuss.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Another interesting, and hilarious, thing I read about this Tweet from the Orange Slug, was this as reported by CNN:

Like many of Trump's tweets, the messages caught some aides off guard. By midday, chief of staff John Kelly hadn't yet seen or heard of them, and offered only a clipped "OK" when read them by reporters.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »

That question literally made me LOL.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »

Cenk Uygur has started a petition to invoke the 25th in response to this tweet.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »

Not at all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 05:40:33 PM »

Cenk Uygur can go fyck himself. And take Jimmy Dore with him.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 05:42:01 PM »

I believe he certainly believes that to be the case.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »

Is a stable genius someone who knows a lot about horses?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 06:16:33 PM »

Cenk Uygur can go fyck himself. And take Jimmy Dore Donald Trump with him.

Neither, but this.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: 0.43

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 07:47:20 PM by vote for pedro »

I don't know what else you would call it.  He expends 30 seconds typing and his unhinged detractors dance like marionettes associating the name "Trump" with "very stable genius" for a week.

George Lakoff @GeorgeLakoff
Jan 2

Each tweet gets his message retweeted so he dominates social media. Reporters, social media influencers, and many others fall for it hook, line, and sinker. Every time. They retweet, share, and repeat his messages ad infinitum. This helps Trump tremendously.

George Lakoff‏ @GeorgeLakoff

They may think they’re negating or undermining him, but that’s not how human brains work. As a cognitive scientist, I can tell you: repeating his messages only helps him.
9:25 PM - 2 Jan 2018

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 06:47:41 PM »

Cenk Uygur can go fyck himself. And take Jimmy Dore with him.

Amen. Without Pro-Genocide Cenk poisoning the minds of gullible young voters against Hillary with half-truths and whiny lies, Trump wouldn't have been elected in the first place.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »

I don't know what else you would call it.  He expends 30 seconds typing and his unhinged detractors dance like marionettes associating the name "Trump" with "very stable genius" for a week.

George Lakoff
‏ @GeorgeLakoff
Jan 2

Each tweet gets his message retweeted so he dominates social media. Reporters, social media influencers, and many others fall for it hook, line, and sinker. Every time. They retweet, share, and repeat his messages ad infinitum. This helps Trump tremendously.
79 replies 1,334 retweets 2,782 likes

They may think they’re negating or undermining him, but that’s not how human brains work. As a cognitive scientist, I can tell you: repeating his messages only helps him.

1,830 Retweets
    3,946 Likes

LOL.
That is one of the funniest observations from a "scientist" I have seen in a while. He must have been made from the same mold as those scientist who believe that humans are not a cause of global warming, at all.

I also think it's hilarious how you are pointing to "ReTweets" and "Likes," as if that was some kind of barometer of how great you are, or that it helps how people perceive you as. That is the "cognitive" level of how a 13 year-old, very-childish teenager thinks (which would make sense, if that's what drives the Orange Slug to Tweet such idiocy).

The discussion that trump is creating due to his Tweets is how much of a lunatic, and man-child he is. Nothing positive at all for him. What you are pointing to is like saying that Hitler would have benefited from Tweets he sends out, when he messages that it is normal and "ingenious" to gassing, mutilating and murdering 17 million people. Good luck with that.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »

He is as stable as a table - Liza Minnelli.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: 0.43

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 07:13:12 PM »

I don't know what else you would call it.  He expends 30 seconds typing and his unhinged detractors dance like marionettes associating the name "Trump" with "very stable genius" for a week.

George Lakoff
‏ @GeorgeLakoff
Jan 2

79 replies 1,334 retweets 2,782 likes

1,830 Retweets
    3,946 Likes

LOL.
That is one of the funniest observations from a "scientist" I have seen in a while. He must have been made from the same mold as those scientist who believe that humans are not a cause of global warming, at all.

I also think it's hilarious how you are pointing to "ReTweets" and "Likes," as if that was some kind of barometer of how great you are, or that it helps how people perceive you as. That is the "cognitive" level of how a 13 year-old, very-childish teenager thinks (which would make sense, if that's what drives the Orange Slug to Tweet such idiocy).

The discussion that trump is creating due to his Tweets is how much of a lunatic, and man-child he is. Nothing positive at all for him. What you are pointing to is like saying that Hitler would have benefited from Tweets he sends out, when he messages that it is normal and "ingenious" to gassing, mutilating and murdering 17 million people. Good luck with that.

Sorry, I did a copy/paste from twitter.  There was no intention to include retweets/likes.

George Lakoff is on your side.  He is not a Trump supporter at all.  He is pointing out how Trump plays the media and the unhinged leftwing like a fiddle.

I don't know if Trump is an actual genius, but compared to his unhinged detractors who fall for this over and over.... He is.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 07:43:46 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 08:38:44 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 12:02:32 AM »

I don't know what else you would call it.  He expends 30 seconds typing and his unhinged detractors dance like marionettes associating the name "Trump" with "very stable genius" for a week.

George Lakoff @GeorgeLakoff
Jan 2

This is a very good point. Thank you for sharing.

Trump is, as the saying goes, 'not even wrong'. He spouts gibberish. There is no benefit to be had from paying attention to him. And if the election demonstrated one thing, it was PT Barnum's quote about there being no such thing as bad publicity. `

It's not that we should allow him and his deplorable band of Gross Old Pedophiles to ruin the country unopposed, it's just that paying attention to Trump doesn't help us stop them.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »

Lol Mindy Kaling tweeted this

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 11:19:23 AM »

[/url]
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 11:33:21 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 11:43:37 AM by anvi »

I think he is stable in the sense that you can expect him to flat-out lie, in very flashy ways, about everything he says, except when he repeats his name, in order to garner short-term advantages.  I think he is a genius insofar as he successfully conned his way to the presidency.  As a "stable genius" in those terms, I think he has proven quite convincingly that underestimating him is a bad choice.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 11:55:30 AM »

I actually do think he's very intelligent, although probably not a genius. I don't think he's stable, though.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 11:59:45 AM »

I actually do think he's very intelligent, although probably not a genius. I don't think he's stable, though.

Former Wharton Professor Who Taught Trump: 'Trump Was the Dumbest Goddamn Student I Ever Had"
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »

In what way?
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 01:26:12 PM »

In what way?
"He's playing 800-D chess" or whatever, probably.

I like to apply Occam's Razor to Trump. If he acts stupidly, governs stupidly, talks/tweets like he's stupid, and lives stupidly, chances are, he's stupid. Not stable nor a genius.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 02:13:48 PM »

What kind of person says that one of their best assets is "mental stability"? Isn't that usually implied as a basic characteristic of someone who is supposedly successful? It's almost like he just said that because he has to speak out against every single criticism leveled against him, even when they might be true Roll Eyes
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 04:18:42 PM »

He's smarter and more stable than me.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length