Could Randy Bryce unseat Paul Ryan in November?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:12:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Could Randy Bryce unseat Paul Ryan in November?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Could Randy Bryce unseat Paul Ryan in November?  (Read 7703 times)
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »

Yes. He's unquestionably the underdog in a race against Ryan, but he's the best 2018 recruit by Democrats so far.

If a deadbeat dad is the best recruit Democrats have in 2018, then I'm very worried for the future.

Read the post above yours. He paid off his delinquent child support just in time to run for Congress. What a swell guy!

Being late on a few months of child support vs. screwing over the country on taxes and health care. Literally who cares about the former when you've got a monster like Paul Ryan.

And hey, at least he paid his child support unlike certain other Republicans...

I wouldn't call a guy who's raised over $1.4 million in individual contributions a "meme candidate".

His campaign website is "Ironstache.com", lol.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 02:41:23 PM »

Yes. He's unquestionably the underdog in a race against Ryan, but he's the best 2018 recruit by Democrats so far.

If a deadbeat dad is the best recruit Democrats have in 2018, then I'm very worried for the future.

Read the post above yours. He paid off his delinquent child support just in time to run for Congress. What a swell guy!

Being late on a few months of child support vs. screwing over the country on taxes and health care. Literally who cares about the former when you've got a monster like Paul Ryan.

I wouldn't call a guy who's raised over $1.4 million in individual contributions a "meme candidate".

Again, literally who cares.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 02:43:44 PM »

Uh, it isn't though.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 02:43:51 PM »

He was late on his child support payments for 2 years and had to have the courts threaten to take his house for him to finally pay. As somebody who grew up with a single mom and a dad who never bothered to pay child support, I care. He's gross and even a slime like Paul Ryan is more worthy of being a congressman than him.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 02:46:23 PM »

He was late on his child support payments for 2 years and had to have the courts threaten to take his house for him to finally pay. As somebody who grew up with a single mom and a dad who never bothered to pay child support, I care. He's gross and even a slime like Paul Ryan is more worthy of being a congressman than him.

You're saying that after he's greenlit the worst tax reform bill since Reagan. What he's done is 1000 times worse than Bryce's mishaps.

F--k anyone who thinks that disqualifies him in a race against one of the worst people in Congress.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 02:46:30 PM »

Whataboutery. Yeah, Ryan and Walsh are scum, so what? That doesn't make Bryce a good candidate or a good person. And there's a difference between falling behind on payments due to genuine hardship and magically finding the money to pay it off right before you run for Congress.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »

Actually, let's run more deadbeat dads and single moms for Congress. They're far more relatable to real Americans than braindead polysci majors in suits from Jos A Bank.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »

There is no way that Cathy Myers is not a Republican plant only in the race to weaken Randy Bryce.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »

Actually, let's run more deadbeat dads and single moms for Congress. They're far more relatable to real Americans than braindead polysci majors in suits from Jos A Bank.

Yeah, while we're at it, let's run more incompetent bloviating morons to appeal to "Real Murikans." What could possibly go wrong?!

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 03:31:52 PM by Oryxslayer »

I agree lets run a bunch of sh**tty candidates eho fit a purity test over good ones who might not vote the way you want 1 time out of 100. Such a policy worked wonders for the Republicans in Missouri, Indiana, Deleware, Alabama, and Nevada, I think it is time democrats got in on that action.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 03:35:17 PM »

Yeah, real men don’t give a f*** about their kids.  And single mothers have had it too easy for too long.  They expect the guy who got them pregnant to take a tiny shred of responsibility for helping raise his own kid?  What a bunch of feminazis Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »

Btw, the precious "WWC males" will still overwhelmingly support Lyin Ryan who wants to cut their Medicare and Social Security to give more tax cuts to their bosses in order to make a stand against black people kneeling and transgender people taking a piss, regardless of  how "folksy" and "blue collar" and "populist" Mr. "Iron Stache" is.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 04:02:28 PM »

Why anyone would support Randy Bryce over Cathy Myers is beyond me.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »

Ryan will win if he runs. Ryan has been in the spotlight for years by now and he didn't lose a single election. He even got 65% in 2016 (and he also wasn't popular in 2016). Besides, being 2 years late with your child support isn't something to be proud of and I don't think (single) mothers or devoted fathers will see it as "being in touch with the American people". And didn't Bryce already lose like 3 races for lower office before?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »

I'd say that Ojeda is the best 2018 recruit we have...
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2018, 04:06:51 PM »

Muh purity tests.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2018, 04:15:36 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 04:18:19 PM by IceSpear »

They think his persona will win over "WWC" men, lol. The poor dears.

Take note. In Alabama, the upset of the century, Democrats won on the backs of minorities and educated whites. Despite being an exposed pedophile, Moore did better among the "WWC" areas of Alabama than he did in 2012. Yes, you heard that right. He did BETTER as a pedophile in "WWC" areas. Jones won anyway because of high black turnout and massive swings among educated whites.

Same story in Virginia. Establishment Ed did far better in "WWC" areas than Cuccinelli did, even though he was facing a moderate folksy former Republican rather than an elitist Clinton insider. He still got BTFO due to getting completely massacred among educated whites.

Focusing on this group is futile for Democrats. They're obsessed with white resentment, white grievances, and identity politics. Democrats would have to abandon their entire base to even have a prayer of slightly appealing to them. Alabama and Virginia show the way forward for Democrats.
Joey1996

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »

I honestly wasn't aware of him being a deadbeat dad, and I don't  agree with setting morals aside because someone fits an ideology I agree with. I can no longer support Bryce.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »

As a resident of the suburbs, it's funny when Democrats say "we need to appeal to the less-racist suburban voters"
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 09:44:27 PM »

As a resident of the suburbs, it's funny when Democrats say "we need to appeal to the less-racist suburban voters"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2018, 09:59:21 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 10:04:13 PM by We Have A Pope »

As opposed to the "less racist white-working class deadbeat dads?"
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2018, 11:18:42 PM »

Ignoring the child support issue...what on Earth makes Bryce such a titanium strong candidate? If all the Democrats need for candidates is a guy who worked a blue collar job and has a moustache to win every House seat, then retaking the House is going to be one hell of a piece of cake!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »

This art906 guy is like a parody of left-wing Twitter or something right? Like when we have a poster called DeplorableMAGA or whatever?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2018, 01:01:59 PM »

You know what's more funny? That Democratic candidates who appealed to these voters won their races, even when nobody believed they would (Virginia, Alabama).
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 01:47:37 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 01:51:31 PM by L.D. Smith, Aggie! It's Real Expenses Again »

You know what's more funny? That Democratic candidates who appealed to these voters won their races, even when nobody believed they would (Virginia, Alabama).

Worked great in Georgia- 06 too, especially the 2nd time with $30 million tossed aside.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies