Opinion of ChairmanSanchez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:29:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of ChairmanSanchez
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: FF or HP
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 132

Author Topic: Opinion of ChairmanSanchez  (Read 8611 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2018, 10:12:06 PM »

Seems like the perfect time to resurrect this gem:

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »

Barely interact with him, but leaning FF
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »

His love of 60s folk rock is quite well balanced out by his conservative views.  FF.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »

I like people who have a sense of humor, even if it is sometimes controversial. Hence why I like Santander, Ghost of Ruin, Mondale, and Sanchez.
Only one of those posters is genuinely funny

I definitely have more of a dry sense of humor, but Santander had the funniest comment I’ve seen on Atlas when AtorBox made a comment about gay Republicans being “Uncle Toms”. Santander crossed out “Uncle” and replaced it with “RINO” and RINO Tom went ballistic. Juvenile, I know, but so funny lol

Ghost of Ruin has the funniest descriptions of Trump and Mondale is funny all the time.

Sanchez is more funny because he actually believes the stuff he says

Goddamn that Santander story is gold
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2018, 05:40:27 AM »

Yeah this thread should probably be redone, as I can't delete my FF vote.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2018, 08:45:24 PM »

He seems like a Grade-A narcissist
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2018, 08:47:04 PM »

Still a big FF
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »

The amount of FF votes astounds me. Nothing but terrible.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2018, 07:32:58 PM »

The guy just buys too much snake oil. He tries to come across as this "hip/cool" contrarian but ends up just boot-licking the most powerful man on Earth.

That said, he definitely has had some good moments when he comes across as genuine and (ostensibly) well-intentioned.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2018, 07:35:54 PM »

The guy just buys too much snake oil. He tries to come across as this "hip/cool" contrarian but ends up just boot-licking the most powerful man on Earth.

That said, he definitely has had some good moments.
The contemporary counter-culture is in the Trump camp bro.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »

Yes, the most powerful person on earth with all three branches of government in his party's control, with the vast majority of Big Business backing him (he literally has members of Goldman Sachs in his cabinet)...

Totally a contrarian, because people in my liberal bubble don't like him.

"but what about low approvals"
So was Carter in 1978 considered contrarian and a part of the counter-culture?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »

Yes, the most powerful person on earth with all three branches of government in his party's control, with the vast majority of Big Business backing him (he literally has members of Goldman Sachs in his cabinet)...

Kinda. Carter had a lot of support from born again Bob Dylan and the true remaining deadheads who hadn’t become yuppies yet.

Think of this way. Every day, academia, the media, the intelligence agencies, and the corporate elite tell me how I’m supposed to think. That mass immigration is good because muh Statue of Liberty, that free trade works, that Trump “doesn’t do things the proper way” (Andrea Mitchell cries henny penny everyday about this), and that the cultural norms of the increasingly liberal and increasingly detached upper station of suburban life must be enforced stridently.

Trump is the rebel, battling two hostile parties as America’s first defacto independent president since Washington. He’s totally outside the norm. He challenges and throws out long established customs and conventions. He’s by definition the leading counter-culture figure of our times.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2018, 08:33:06 PM »

Exactly. There's nothing revolutionary about an old rich conservative male bully obtaining total power despite incompetence. This reminds me of a friend who listened to Rush Limbaugh in the 90s just because he thought it was cool.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:35 PM »

Exactly. There's nothing revolutionary about an old rich conservative male bully obtaining total power despite incompetence. This reminds me of a friend who listened to Rush Limbaugh in the 90s just because he thought it was cool.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2018, 09:55:36 PM »

Folks in Charge of Cultural Dialogue: [Berate someone for beliefs, rightly or wrongly held]
Folks in Charge of Cultural Dialogue: You're not rebelling against anybody with those beliefs!

Lol at the idea that the left is somehow in charge of the cultural dialogue. Have you searched "feminism" on YouTube lately?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »

The conflation of culture with politics and the idea proceeding therefrom that the President represents the culturally dominant force are highly bizarre phenomena. If we were to take this idea seriously, criticizing Trump would become counter-cultural, which it obviously isn't.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »

Folks in Charge of Cultural Dialogue: [Berate someone for beliefs, rightly or wrongly held]
Folks in Charge of Cultural Dialogue: You're not rebelling against anybody with those beliefs!

Lol at the idea that the left is somehow in charge of the cultural dialogue. Have you searched "feminism" on YouTube lately?

Joke: Leftists dictate the cultural dialogue through control of the media, academia and the permanent government (civil service).

Woke: Conservatives control the cultural dialogue by owning the libs on Youtube.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »

Joke: Leftists dictate the cultural dialogue through control of the media, academia and the permanent government (civil service).

Woke: Conservatives control the cultural dialogue by owning the libs on Youtube.

The joke’s on you since no one reads, much less takes seriously, YouTube comments Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »

The joke’s on you since no one reads, much less takes seriously, YouTube comments Tongue

That’s the point.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2018, 12:56:14 AM »

Uh, no? The scene is rabidly anti-Trump.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2018, 01:17:19 AM »

Haha all the people calling him an FF:

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered. Barring Boca kids at least. Up until last week my friends and I used to joke about them. My brother even bemoaned starting his job at the Jimmy Johns there because he didn’t want to work with them. The collective reputation of Parkland - and my experiences with Parkland kids - doesn’t change in spite of what happened. They in no way deserved this but I’ll be damned if a group of kids too scared to go down to MLK Blvd in Pompano to protest the regular killings of black youth due to crime/police/etc end up impacting this country’s two hundred year tradition of protecting the sanctity of our rights to bare arms.

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

Was about to draft a detailed pros and cons to explain why stop HP, but hope for growth.

Then I read this. Yeah, still a POS.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2018, 02:40:22 AM »

Uh, no? The scene is rabidly anti-Trump.
Thanks pal
Serendipity
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »

with the vast majority of Big Business backing him (he literally has members of Goldman Sachs in his cabinet)...

This is not true. A large majority of Fortune 500 CEOs supported Clinton and a majority of donations from big business went to her as well. I'd post a link, but I can't do so unless I have over 20 posts.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »

with the vast majority of Big Business backing him (he literally has members of Goldman Sachs in his cabinet)...

This is not true. A large majority of Fortune 500 CEOs supported Clinton and a majority of donations from big business went to her as well. I'd post a link, but I can't do so unless I have over 20 posts.
Welcome aboard friend! Once you're here you can never leave Tongue

http://fortune.com/2016/06/23/56-hillary-clinton-ceos-endorsements/
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »

Haha all the people calling him an FF:

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered. Barring Boca kids at least. Up until last week my friends and I used to joke about them. My brother even bemoaned starting his job at the Jimmy Johns there because he didn’t want to work with them. The collective reputation of Parkland - and my experiences with Parkland kids - doesn’t change in spite of what happened. They in no way deserved this but I’ll be damned if a group of kids too scared to go down to MLK Blvd in Pompano to protest the regular killings of black youth due to crime/police/etc end up impacting this country’s two hundred year tradition of protecting the sanctity of our rights to bare arms.

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

Was about to draft a detailed pros and cons to explain why stop HP, but hope for growth.

Then I read this. Yeah, still a POS.

Sanchez is an FF with stones.

I would have put aside the school rivalry stuff for this.  But when those Parkland students jumped into the political arena they gave up the expectation of being received uncritically.  They're going to be received on the merits of their arguments from here on out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies