Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:28:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 46
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)  (Read 33405 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2018, 11:03:49 PM »

> Labor Unions would endorse a Libertarian
> Even with a repeal of NAFTA
> All major unions endorsed Hillary IRL
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2018, 11:11:48 PM »

Well no. I saw some union families endorse Trump in the Rust Belt
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2018, 11:13:27 PM »

Well yes families, but only 2 unions endorsed Trump and neither were manufacturing one was the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) and they tend to endorse Republicans and the other was the largest border patrol agent. 
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2018, 11:16:50 PM »

Beside those weren’t the endorsements I was talking about
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2018, 11:29:46 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 12:29:58 AM by JacksonHitchcock »

Apparently saying Obamacare is literally not the spawn of Satan is bad also when is the turn
Election Production
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2018, 01:31:14 AM »

Candidate: Newt Gingrich
Slogan: Better Future For The American People
Rally Location: Richland, South Carolina

Hello everyone, I'm here to announce my candidacy for President of the United States. We Will Restore A Better Future For The American People.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2018, 01:50:50 AM »

Took about 4 hours, but the turn is up there. Enjoy.

Candidate: Newt Gingrich
Slogan: Better Future For The American People
Rally Location: Richland, South Carolina

Hello everyone, I'm here to announce my candidacy for President of the United States. We Will Restore A Better Future For The American People.

Hello there, Election Production! In principle I don't mind you joining, but can you commit to being active on the game? I ask because this is just your second post, and I'd like to have at least an assurance.
Beetlejuice
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2018, 02:02:02 AM »

Can I request Collin Powell for the presidency?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2018, 02:16:11 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 02:39:30 AM by JacksonHitchcock »

What do you guys think of my debate answers?
adamevans
United States

« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2018, 03:26:49 AM »

Can I request FMR Gov. Ernie Fletcher as my candidate for the Republican Nomination?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »

Several new posters, interesting. Again, gentlemen, my concern is activity. If you can pledge to be active, then sure, you can join, so please reply ASAP to see if I can add you to the turn. In principle I have no issue with Gingrich and Fletcher, but Powell as a candidate would be a no.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »

Several new posters, interesting. Again, gentlemen, my concern is activity. If you can pledge to be active, then sure, you can join, so please reply ASAP to see if I can add you to the turn. In principle I have no issue with Gingrich and Fletcher, but Powell as a candidate would be a no.
I can pledge to be active.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2018, 11:26:45 AM »

Noted, you can post your opening speech on the Gameplay thread. Once all the new candidates are sorted out there will be a news article on the new entries, as well as some national polling (and updated debate questions).
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »

But why Collin wasn't he a rumored candidate in 08'
adamevans
United States

« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2018, 02:18:42 PM »

Noted, you can post your opening speech on the Gameplay thread. Once all the new candidates are sorted out there will be a news article on the new entries, as well as some national polling (and updated debate questions).

My problem is that I don't know how to insert an image. I think I need to insert a link? But then I need 20 forum posts.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »

Once the primaries are over, is it possible for a candidate for a party nomination run as an independent once the National Convention passes like Ron Paul did in 2008?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 03:32:55 PM by Lumine »

My problem is that I don't know how to insert an image. I think I need to insert a link? But then I need 20 forum posts.

You need a given number of posts. I moderate this board, so until you reach that number I can offer to edit your campaign posts to include the picture if you give me the link (I think this is possible in theory, but I'm not 100% sure).

But why Collin wasn't he a rumored candidate in 08'

He endorsed Obama in 2008 and praised his administration several times before endorsing him again in 2012. That's enough for me to refrain from considering him a plausible option in 2012.

Once the primaries are over, is it possible for a candidate for a party nomination run as an independent once the National Convention passes like Ron Paul did in 2008?

Yes and no.

I won't account for sore loser laws because I don't want a headache, but the process for being an independent or third party candidate depends on the following options:

1.- Running as an independent away from the primaries: Currently, the route taken by the Wesley Clark player. It assumes he has a few months to organize his campaign, gather signatures and achieve ballot access, which given his relatively high polling he is on the road to achieve in most (possibly all) states.

2.- Running for the Americans Elect nomination, party which will achieve more ballot access than it had in 2012. Candidates who apply for Americans Elect must do so before May 1st, 2012, which is before the convention.

3.- Running as an independent after the convention, but with a catch. The RNC and DNC take place in late August - Early September, by which time most deadlines for ballot access have passed. A player could in theory attempt to run indy after losing the nomination, but at best he'd only be able to run in five states or so. This is for the sake of realism, and to represent how incredibly hard it would be to pull this off in RL.

So you can, but I wouldn't recommend it as you would have little to no ballot access. Independent runs for the presidency (which I have to approve) are best undertaken far earlier than the conventions.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2018, 03:44:46 PM »

Okay, I can't send direct messages, so I dunno how I'll do that. I do have the picture on my images on my profile though.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2018, 03:48:12 PM »

Okay, I can't send direct messages, so I dunno how I'll do that. I do have the picture on my images on my profile though.

Got it. Post your speech and I'll try to include the picture.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2018, 06:14:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also, I think this might backfire on Obama, so if that was Chambliss' plan, it's kinda smart, tbh
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »

Hilarious, really (I mean it, I did laugh), but I won't be considering that as having taken place. Official game history is that Senator Chambliss withdrew before the debate.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »

Got it. Post your speech and I'll try to include the picture.
I just got my speech done, so if you can try to include the picture where it says it's supposed to be, thanks.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »

Evans, your speech was successfully edited with the chosen picture.

I need to know whether Beetlejuice and ElectionProduction will indeed be running.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »

Since I dropped out now, I want to say no hard feelings, and all the crap I said was IC, and I don't actually mean it in RL. It was just my nasty and aggressive style of campaigning IC, and it was just in the game, and I don't mean any of it. Y'all are cool, and I don't have a problem with any of you, thanks for RPing with me, it was very fun and memorable, and I will do it again soon.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »

Since I dropped out now, I want to say no hard feelings, and all the crap I said was IC, and I don't actually mean it in RL. It was just my nasty and aggressive style of campaigning IC, and it was just in the game, and I don't mean any of it. Y'all are cool, and I don't have a problem with any of you, thanks for RPing with me, it was very fun and memorable, and I will do it again soon.

Ah don't worry. Unless you started posting NSFW content via PMs, I think we'll be alright.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies