Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:03:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 46
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)  (Read 33072 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2018, 05:49:06 PM »

Romney, Obama, Hillary, Breseden, Trump, Carrola, Chrisitie, oh my will both the primaries, General and debates be fun. Smiley
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »

CLINTON LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN ON ROOSEVELT ISLAND
- Campaign Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri -

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) officially launched her campaign for President of the United States of America today, ending years of speculation. A video was posted on YouTube a few days before the speech, featuring a dozen Americans explaining the challenges they face in their day-to-day lives, followed by Senator Clinton pledging to work to address those challenges and improve life for all Americans. Speaking to a massive crowd on New York's Roosevelt Island, Senator Clinton formally announced what the video suggested: she's running for President.

Restoring pride in America was the top issue for the Senator, who told the crowd, "I supported President Obama in 2008, I know a lot of you did as well. I like President Obama, I really do. But he has not fulfilled his promise of hope and change. Unfortunately, it's been more like hope to find some change under the couch." The failure of the economy to rebound from the Great Recession was also discussed, with Senator Clinton saying, "there are homes across the country where single mothers are working two or three jobs to keep the heat on, where dads have had to take on an extra shift at the plant to put food on the table, where adult children have come back home because they can't afford rent. These voices have been forgotten about by this President, their cries falling on deaf ears, muted by the needs of Wall Street."

Senator Clinton also provided several specific policies she would implement if elected that would "provide more than lip-service to the millions of struggling Americans". To respond to skyrocketing gas prices, the Senator proposed a gas tax holiday from Memorial Day to Labor Day, a plan which she championed with Senator John McCain (R-AZ) in 2008. To respond to the shortcomings of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Senator Clinton promised to bring down out-of-pocket costs to "make sure that everyone can see a doctor without worrying about being about to afford the co-pay", as well as working with pharmaceutical companies to bring down the high markup on prescription drugs. Senator Clinton also proposed an immigration reform package that included keeping families together, giving women and children special considerations in the process, and "treating everyone like human beings."

Senator Clinton was joined on the Roosevelt Island platform by her husband, former President Bill Clinton, her daughter, Chelsea Clinton, and her son-in-law, Marc Mezvinsky. After the speech, Senator Clinton formally opened the campaign's first office, in Brooklyn, and announced the campaign's senior leadership. Former White House Chief of Staff John Podesta has been hired as Campaign Chairman. Jennifer Palmieri, former Press Secretary for the John Edwards 2004 campaign, will serve as Communications Director. Longtime aid to Senator Clinton Huma Abedin has been announced as the Senator's campaign Chief of Staff. Robby Mook rounds out the top four staffers as Chief Strategist.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2018, 07:48:07 PM »

shouldn't it be Secretary Clinton
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2018, 07:56:48 PM »

Read the opening backstory. This is a slightly different 2012, and (among other things) Clinton refused being Sec. of State and remained a persistent critic of Obama as a Senator. This also makes the challenge to the President far more plausible.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »

OBAMA SPEECH AT OFFICIAL RE-ELECTION KICKOFF
-Downtown St. Louis-

Today Obama spoke to thousands of supporters at his announcement rally for his second term as president. The young African American president is very popular among Democrats, but has major opposition from the republican party this election.

Obama's speech addressed his accomplishments as president, and his plan for his second term, including lowering taxes for the middle and lower class, lowering gas prices, standing ground on the affordable care act, and other liberal policies he hopes to implement in a second term.

He also addressed his opposition from fellow democrat Hillary Clinton, former first lady and senator from New York. He stated that she was a fellow democrat, and expressed his disappointment stating that she was "...preparing to divide us, democrats of America, against each other".

Obama and his campaign are very hopeful that they can win the primaries and the general, but polling has yet to come in.

Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »

To be honest from me personally, let me tell you two things.

1. I'm playing as someone who I politically disagree with on many levels. (I know his policies and talk though).

2. I'm a bit new to political role-play, but I can get used to it.

Don't be surprised if I slip up a bit, or am occasionally not on time with my posts. Smiley
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »

To be honest from me personally, let me tell you two things.

1. I'm playing as someone who I politically disagree with on many levels. (I know his policies and talk though).

2. I'm a bit new to political role-play, but I can get used to it.

Don't be surprised if I slip up a bit, or am occasionally not on time with my posts. Smiley

That is fine. Just think about the what Obama would say best and then post that.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »

Will we start off with the debates or will that be a turn After starting?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2018, 08:40:15 PM »

Will we start off with the debates or will that be a turn After starting?

Turn one does feature the first debate, as well as a national poll and polls for Iowa and New Hampshire.

I'll explain the rough schedule:

Turns 1-3: September to November, one turn equal to a month (not necessary to post a schedule for each day, the important thing is your messaging, the states you're focused on, and so on)
Turns 4-6: December itself, roughly 10 days per turn (basically the countdown to Iowa and NH, the game growing more detailed)

The end of turn 6 would be the Iowa Caucuses, and from there on turns will shift according to the upcoming primaries. Most primary turns from here on would last one week IG, but some may be longer if there are no primaries for a few days.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2018, 08:47:18 PM »

Can I have Perry O. Hooper Jr?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2018, 08:48:50 PM »

What Carolla did part 2

Carolla campaigned in Nevada and Florida on healthcare and foreign policy.

Carolla campagined in Florida for better and competitive healthcare that lets the people choose not the company.

Carolla said in a comparison that refers to love of cars by saying.

By saying that choosing health insurance should be like choosing between Allstate and Geico not letting the government force to choose your insurance.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »

How fast paced are the debates?

And when are each of them exactly?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2018, 09:00:02 PM »

Phil Bredesen's Campaign. What he did before August ended

Phil Bredesen Campaigned in the key states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and North Carolina. There he would constantly slam Obama on his policies, stating "If Obama wanted to give change, if Obama wanted to give hope, if Obama wanted make America better, why has he done things that are harming us, both domestically and on the global stage? Why has he taxed businesses out of our country? Why has he not tried to work with the Republicans this past year to pass bipartisan legislature? Why has Obama not given the American people a choice on Healthcare? I'll tell you why: because Obama is a good for nothing, grinning liar. Look at my record during the recession crises in Tennessee. Now compare it to Obama's last few years in office. What do you see? That's right, Tennessee thrived! Obama has certainly proved himself to be a fraud. The question is America, are you done with him?"

Despite polls not yet being created, his pro-active Campaigning on Obama's failures thus far might have crippled his performance in several key states while it seems that Phil, along with Hillary Clinton, may be quickly gaining up in the polls with Obama.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2018, 09:18:24 PM »

How fast paced are the debates?

And when are each of them exactly?

Candidates answer three general questions and one personal question. The questions appear at the start of the turn and you have the whole turn to reply, as well as attack or react to the answers of other candidates. They take place at the same time period as the turn, so no need to prepare for a specific day.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »

As I said via PM, way too obscure to be playable.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2018, 09:43:53 PM »

Fine then, can I be Ron Estes, Kansas State Treasurer?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »

Sorry, but it can't be Estes either, a State Treasurer as candidate would not exactly be relevant.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2018, 09:56:17 PM »

You can always try Paul Ryan, John Kasich, Chris Cuomo, and Time Kaine.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »

Sorry, but it can't be Estes either, a State Treasurer as candidate would not exactly be relevant.

Fine, Lt Gov Jeff Colyer of KS.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »

Same problem. I'd recommend following New Tennessean Politician's suggestion, or selecting a political with a a similar office or influence.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »

Same problem. I'd recommend following New Tennessean Politician's suggestion, or selecting a political with a a similar office or influence.

Fine, you know I just wanted to be the underdog and rise up but ok. If you don't accept this one, i honestly just don't know man, does Saxby Chambliss work?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2018, 10:19:07 PM »

Fine, you know I just wanted to be the underdog and rise up but ok. If you don't accept this one, i honestly just don't know man, does Saxby Chambliss work?

No State Treasurer or Lietenant Governor has ever run for President with any kind of success. In fact, I can't even kind an example of a State Treasurer or Lieutenant Governor even running for President.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2018, 10:20:02 PM »

Oh! I get the feeling (it is rather fun to play as the underdog), but those officeholders are so obscure they'd never get included in polling in RL. Saxby Chambliss is fine by me, I can offer some alternatives for underdogs if you prefer as well.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »

Oh! I get the feeling (it is rather fun to play as the underdog), but those officeholders are so obscure they'd never get included in polling in RL. Saxby Chambliss is fine by me, I can offer some alternatives for underdogs if you prefer as well.

Nah it's good, a friend recommended Chambliss to me, thank you though.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2018, 11:08:30 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2018, 01:44:35 AM by Bagel23 »

Saxby Chambliss Announces 2012 Presidential Run:

Time: 11:33am
Place: Sandy Springs GA
Day: 9/13/2011

Greetings to my fellow Georgians and Americans. It has been a great honor representing Georgia in the US Congress over the past years. But I feel like I can give so much more, (crowd roars), so that is why I am running for the Presidency of The Free World! (Crowd erupts). Together, we will bring back conservative principles to the White House and restore order after non citizen Bayrack Husayn Obummer's reign! (Loud jeers). Now I aint stupid, I know I'm an underdog, but as my pappy used to say, "when you behind, Trump that b****!" (more cheers). Conservative principles, yeah, that's what I'm talking about (USA chants). Alrighty now, thanks. thanks. So my liddle b**** is announcing my veep now. Yeah, heard that MSM, huh?! (boos, directed at MSM). And that is the fine gentleman and pure gentry from Alabama, Perry O Hooper! (screams of elation). Now I'm here with my finest friends and family, but what really matters here are the voters and my veep, geeeeet up here Perry! (cheers). So we aint going to reveal our whole game plan now, but we have a way to wins these here primaries, and then beating the bummer in the white house is the easy part, literally he sinks himself (cheers). Perry and I have all the right qualifications, better than any other bovine in this here primary, and pity on them libuhralz (booing). And we are going to bring on a team just as qualified to help steer America towards her correct destiny. Stay tuned on that for more to come on cabinet picks shortly. But we do have some basic staffing as of now as well, Judson Hill is our campaign manager, Carl Paladino is our treasurer, Ken Cucinelli is our counsel, Daryl Metcalfe is our press secretary and head spokesman, and Don Huffines is our chief of staff, let's hear some noise for these guys now (roars). Again, we will be filling in more shortly. But I also cannot even begin to thank the hundreds of volunteers and foot soldiers that have pledged themselves to this campaign already, they will tow us to victory (cheers). Together we will do this, thank yall, and be sure to donate and sign up for email updates at www.SaxbyIspasty.com. Also, Carl will be standing at the door with the donation box for our campaign funds. Thank y'all, and let's win this!

15 minutes later:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies