Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 05:31:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Sign Up and Rules Thread)  (Read 33664 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 25, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »

Can I be Mayor Michael Bloomberg? As an independent?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1026 on: February 25, 2018, 07:15:04 PM »

No more sign-ups are available, and we already have the third-party / independent slot filled by Wesley Clark.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1027 on: February 25, 2018, 07:33:57 PM »

Can we post our Campaign schedules as of rn?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1028 on: February 25, 2018, 07:48:51 PM »

You should wait till he post state polls
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1029 on: February 25, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »

There we go. Bear in mind I had to make some guesses for Republican polling.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1030 on: February 25, 2018, 08:05:07 PM »

Did my endorsements get approved for this round
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1031 on: February 25, 2018, 08:09:26 PM »

When is the debate?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1032 on: February 25, 2018, 08:10:07 PM »

Did my endorsements get approved for this round

Not yet. I'll have a look at past endorsement PM's, but they're buried among PM's from my other games. This is why I insist in players asking for endorsements when the turn actually begins and not before.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1033 on: February 25, 2018, 08:10:51 PM »

The outsourcing model is here to stay for the rest of the primaries, I'm not hosting more myself.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1034 on: February 25, 2018, 08:11:29 PM »

The outsourcing model is here to stay for the rest of the primaries, I'm not hosting more myself.

I can do the Democratic debate.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1035 on: February 25, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »

how many ads are we allowed per turn
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1036 on: February 25, 2018, 08:49:34 PM »

No more sign-ups are available, and we already have the third-party / independent slot filled by Wesley Clark.

At least Bloomberg's more reasonable than Manson. I would've allowed it...but it's not my game.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1037 on: February 25, 2018, 09:25:02 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2018, 06:53:44 AM by terp40hitch »

Just updating those predictions I made

Nevada - Solid Paul
Maine - Very likely Paul
Minnesota - Tossup
Colorado - Very likely Fletcher
Missouri - Solid Fletcher
Arizona - Solid Fletcher
Michigan - Titanium Fletcher (I don't think anybody will pull a Bernie Sanders style of upset, no way)
Washington - Tossup

Updated Prediction from Me

Nevada: Solid Paul
Maine: Solid Paul
Minnesota: Threeway tossup between Bachmann, Paul and Fletcher
Missouri: Solid Fletcher
Colorado: Likely Fletcher
Arizona: Solid Fletcher
Michigan: Solid Fletcher
Washington: Lean Carolla
adamevans
United States

« Reply #1038 on: February 25, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »

I honestly think at this point Brown would be the establishment- preferred candidate.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1039 on: February 26, 2018, 03:38:00 PM »

Who will be doing the Debates?
adamevans
United States

« Reply #1040 on: February 26, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »

FOXNEWS BREAKING NEWS: Bachmann backed by Pawlenty and Noem

Megyn Kelly-"Welcome back to the Kelly File and right now we have breaking news from the Bachmann campaign. Bachmann has been endorsed by both former Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty and Representative from South Dakota Kristi Noem.

The office of Pawlenty wrote in his statement-" I have decided to endorse the only true conservative in the race and the only conservative that will actually bring real change to Washington. That is why I ask my fellow Republicans to support Michele Bachmann for president." also the office of Noem wrote-"We need a tea party conservative in the white house next year and that is why I am so excited to endorse Michele Bachmann. We need real change next year and we don't need to nominate another corrupt Washington politician. Bachmann knows how to bring change and bring conservative values to Washington."

Both Noem and Pawlenty will campaign with Bachmann this week leading up to the Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado caucus. Bachmann hopes that with these endorsements she will be able to win Minnesota and win a strong second in Missouri. Whether or not that happens these endorsements are a big deal since it shows she can win support from both the Tea-Party and establishment Republicans"
You didn't have to make such a big deal out of 2 endorsements
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1041 on: February 26, 2018, 04:00:16 PM »

FOXNEWS BREAKING NEWS: Bachmann backed by Pawlenty and Noem

Megyn Kelly-"Welcome back to the Kelly File and right now we have breaking news from the Bachmann campaign. Bachmann has been endorsed by both former Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty and Representative from South Dakota Kristi Noem.

The office of Pawlenty wrote in his statement-" I have decided to endorse the only true conservative in the race and the only conservative that will actually bring real change to Washington. That is why I ask my fellow Republicans to support Michele Bachmann for president." also the office of Noem wrote-"We need a tea party conservative in the white house next year and that is why I am so excited to endorse Michele Bachmann. We need real change next year and we don't need to nominate another corrupt Washington politician. Bachmann knows how to bring change and bring conservative values to Washington."

Both Noem and Pawlenty will campaign with Bachmann this week leading up to the Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado caucus. Bachmann hopes that with these endorsements she will be able to win Minnesota and win a strong second in Missouri. Whether or not that happens these endorsements are a big deal since it shows she can win support from both the Tea-Party and establishment Republicans"
You didn't have to make such a big deal out of 2 endorsements
Why not
adamevans
United States

« Reply #1042 on: February 26, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »

I could do the Republican debate if Lumine doesn't mind, but I won't do candidate- specific questions.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1043 on: February 26, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »

I can do the Democratic debate.

Excellent!

2 if you're polling below 10% on National Polling
3 if you're polling between 10 and 19% on National Polling
4 if you're polling above 20% on National Polling

I could do the Republican debate if Lumine doesn't mind, but I won't do candidate- specific questions.

Seems good to me.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1044 on: February 26, 2018, 11:03:16 PM »

Can I get a  extension?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1045 on: February 26, 2018, 11:10:54 PM »

We'll be ending on Thursday afternoon.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1046 on: February 27, 2018, 03:01:26 PM »

Got the Dem debate questions up.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #1047 on: February 27, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
February 2012 Debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton: Detroit has always been a haven for industry and innovation. A lot of that comes from the can-do spirit of the great people of this city. When the auto industry went sour in 2008, a lot of people were hurt by it. Now, the President can't have a magic wand and make the jobs come back. That just can't happen. But what we can do, and what I'll do as President, is push for employee re-education programs to help former auto industry employees, and other Americans left behind in the Obama Recovery, transition into the new, post-recession economy. I will also present Congress with an ambitious plan to invest in small businesses and local communities, and help adult learners go to two- or four-year higher education programs. It's from the ground up that we will get Americans back on their feet and back on work.

Clinton: We've discussed this question in the primary before, but I'm always glad to present my vision for this country at every opportunity. I've been working for free and fair trade since I entered public service. America must be the leading member of the global economic community. I think this is an unequivocal position, something any economist worth their degree will tell you that free trade is good for consumers. It brings low-cost products into the market, increases competition for products, and allows each country to find what they excel at and do it well. As President, I would work with our friends in Asia and in Europe to develop new and strong trade agreements that benefit Americans, as consumers and employees. Is every free trade agreement we're currently in perfect? No. And as President I will work to fix some of the flaws in our free trade system to make it more free, more fair, and more honest. This means working towards trade deals that give workers across the globe equal treatment and a livable wage, for humanitarian purposes and also to put American workers on equal footing with their foreign counterparts.

Clinton: I've been in the Senate for the last 12 years. A lot of that time has been under a Republican Majority. Despite that, I've been on the front lines of crafting policy and shaping the national discussion. As President, I will work with a possible Republican Congress in the same way I've worked with Republicans in the Senate - by proposing strong, bipartisan ideas that work for the American people. It's important for people in Washington to remember that that's the reason we're in office: to work for the American people and create a better country to live in. That will always be my approach when working with Congress, regardless of which party has the majority.

Clinton: Again, this is something we've talked about a lot during this campaign. I refuse to pander my campaign to any interest group or specific segment of the electorate. I'm running, and I've run, a campaign based on presenting a clear, bold vision for the United States of America. For a lot of my career, I was labelled as a liberal, which would be progressive by today's standards. I've also been called a moderate or a centrist. I've never been able to be pegged into a specific ideological stance and I think my campaign has proven that. If progressive Democrats want a candidate who can win the primary, who can win in November, and who has the strongest plan for our country's future, they should vote for me. Any Democrat, any Republican, any American who wants a clear vision for American should vote fore me.

Clinton: Anyone with a career in the public eye as long as mine will undoubtedly have evolved in their positions over the course of their time. While some of my specific policies may have changed over the decades, the guiding principles that have always led my career have remained the same. Every day, I get up and ask "What can I do today to make American a better place to live?". That's how I've tried to direct my choices and positions during my time in public service. My goal has always been to move America forward. What policies that takes shape in, I guess, can change as time goes on.

Clinton: This now the fifth or sixth time, I think, that I've been able to speak to the American people directly from a debate stage during this campaign. I want to thank you all for inviting myself and Vice President Biden, and the various other candidates, into your homes and your living rooms. I hope that over the course of these several debates that we've been able to present the clear differences between myself and the Vice President, in personality, temperament, and substantive policy. I hope that you've been able to take the time to think about which candidate will better represent the Democratic Party and the United States of America, and which candidate can win the election in November. I want to thank you all for taking part in our democracy and for taking the steps to be involved and knowledgeable about the issues and candidates in this race. I hope we'll be able to talk again soon.

Donald Trump appears at the Democratic Debate
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1048 on: February 27, 2018, 03:59:39 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
February 2012 Debate

Clinton: Detroit has always been a haven for industry and innovation. A lot of that comes from the can-do spirit of the great people of this city. When the auto industry went sour in 2008, a lot of people were hurt by it. Now, the President can't have a magic wand and make the jobs come back. That just can't happen. But what we can do, and what I'll do as President, is push for employee re-education programs to help former auto industry employees, and other Americans left behind in the Obama Recovery, transition into the new, post-recession economy. I will also present Congress with an ambitious plan to invest in small businesses and local communities, and help adult learners go to two- or four-year higher education programs. It's from the ground up that we will get Americans back on their feet and back on work.

Clinton: We've discussed this question in the primary before, but I'm always glad to present my vision for this country at every opportunity. I've been working for free and fair trade since I entered public service. America must be the leading member of the global economic community. I think this is an unequivocal position, something any economist worth their degree will tell you that free trade is good for consumers. It brings low-cost products into the market, increases competition for products, and allows each country to find what they excel at and do it well. As President, I would work with our friends in Asia and in Europe to develop new and strong trade agreements that benefit Americans, as consumers and employees. Is every free trade agreement we're currently in perfect? No. And as President I will work to fix some of the flaws in our free trade system to make it more free, more fair, and more honest. This means working towards trade deals that give workers across the globe equal treatment and a livable wage, for humanitarian purposes and also to put American workers on equal footing with their foreign counterparts.

Clinton: I've been in the Senate for the last 12 years. A lot of that time has been under a Republican Majority. Despite that, I've been on the front lines of crafting policy and shaping the national discussion. As President, I will work with a possible Republican Congress in the same way I've worked with Republicans in the Senate - by proposing strong, bipartisan ideas that work for the American people. It's important for people in Washington to remember that that's the reason we're in office: to work for the American people and create a better country to live in. That will always be my approach when working with Congress, regardless of which party has the majority.

Clinton: Again, this is something we've talked about a lot during this campaign. I refuse to pander my campaign to any interest group or specific segment of the electorate. I'm running, and I've run, a campaign based on presenting a clear, bold vision for the United States of America. For a lot of my career, I was labelled as a liberal, which would be progressive by today's standards. I've also been called a moderate or a centrist. I've never been able to be pegged into a specific ideological stance and I think my campaign has proven that. If progressive Democrats want a candidate who can win the primary, who can win in November, and who has the strongest plan for our country's future, they should vote for me. Any Democrat, any Republican, any American who wants a clear vision for American should vote fore me.

Clinton: Anyone with a career in the public eye as long as mine will undoubtedly have evolved in their positions over the course of their time. While some of my specific policies may have changed over the decades, the guiding principles that have always led my career have remained the same. Every day, I get up and ask "What can I do today to make American a better place to live?". That's how I've tried to direct my choices and positions during my time in public service. My goal has always been to move America forward. What policies that takes shape in, I guess, can change as time goes on.

Clinton: This now the fifth or sixth time, I think, that I've been able to speak to the American people directly from a debate stage during this campaign. I want to thank you all for inviting myself and Vice President Biden, and the various other candidates, into your homes and your living rooms. I hope that over the course of these several debates that we've been able to present the clear differences between myself and the Vice President, in personality, temperament, and substantive policy. I hope that you've been able to take the time to think about which candidate will better represent the Democratic Party and the United States of America, and which candidate can win the election in November. I want to thank you all for taking part in our democracy and for taking the steps to be involved and knowledgeable about the issues and candidates in this race. I hope we'll be able to talk again soon.

Joe invited him to foreshadow 2016
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1049 on: February 27, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
February 2012 Debate

Joe invited him to foreshadow 2016

Biden isn't THAT stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies