My New Proposed Arkansas 2nd CD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:03:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  My New Proposed Arkansas 2nd CD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is My Proposed Arkansas 2nd CD an FF or HP idea?
FF, I am a democrat
HP, I am a democrat
FF, I am a republican
HP, I am a republican
FF, I am an independent
HP, I am an independent
FF, I am other
HP, I am other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: My New Proposed Arkansas 2nd CD  (Read 1463 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 04:58:42 PM »

The whole irony is that at some point Arkansas 03 may be in play if trends continue.
I seriously doubt that.
I don’t, entirely. AR-3 includes Fort Smith, Van Buren, and the “urban/suburban” angle. This is where the Arkansas Rockefellers have always done the strongest, and an economically moderate Democrat could do well. There’s a strong evangelical group, but there is also a bit of a professional class and minority areas growing, as well as a growing young adults/college presence.

As a moderate and common sense Arkansan, what do you think of solid and I's rough sketch for a more democratic friendly AR 2nd CD?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »

The whole irony is that at some point Arkansas 03 may be in play if trends continue.
I seriously doubt that.
I don’t, entirely. AR-3 includes Fort Smith, Van Buren, and the “urban/suburban” angle. This is where the Arkansas Rockefellers have always done the strongest, and an economically moderate Democrat could do well. There’s a strong evangelical group, but there is also a bit of a professional class and minority areas growing, as well as a growing young adults/college presence.

Yea if you drew a district that had Pulaski County linked with parts of the current third it could well elect a Democrat in the late 2020s.

But you would also get that with the original posters map also.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2017, 01:53:08 AM »

To people votinng HP, do you think that a 100% AR GOP congressional delegation is ok, or is there another alternative you have in mind?
They may be voting HP because they strongly dislike you as a person.
I think this is a great proposal, but I also strongly dislike you as a poster.

Thanks I guess... but more republicans here actually like me (comparatively) than democrats so the numbers don't make sense for that.
FWIW, I voted FF.

Me too. Republicans vote HP because the only gerrymanderings they like are their own. All other don't have rights to gerrymander... BTW, i am absolutely opposed yo gerrymandering in principle, and stand for 50 independent commissions in 50 states, but for now that will continue, and in such case - no one, who uses such tactics, has a right to complain.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2017, 01:54:20 AM »

To people votinng HP, do you think that a 100% AR GOP congressional delegation is ok, or is there another alternative you have in mind?

Who cares, whom you (or i for that matter) like or dislike?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2017, 01:58:42 AM »

Thanks I guess... but more republicans here actually like me (comparatively) than democrats so the numbers don't make sense for that.

Democrats here are mostly hyperpartisan (idiots in my parlance), so - not surprising. Among Republicans here there is a considerable numbers of moderates, so, again, not surprising. But partisan Republicans will hate you as well, because you dared to speak about "fair Democratic representation" in "now theirs" Arkansas. The only "fair" thing for them is what profits them.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2017, 04:33:33 PM by tack50 »

I voted HP (I actually only slightly dislike it) because I didn't like how it was drawn. I think districts should be as "clean" as possible. If it was gerrymandered a bit less I would like it.

I agree with that, districts should try to be "clean", "natural" and "pretty" (though obviously that is very subjective but whatever). I did this. It has a deviation of 6064 (which is probably way too much) but doesn't split any counties and is prettier.

D+2.15

If you split 1 county you get this:

D+2.2
Deviation -69
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 12:21:40 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2018, 12:50:06 AM by Arkansas Yankee »

this is a great rough outline, considering blacks are 26% of the states population

FAKE NEWS

the black % in Arkansas is only 15.6%!

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/united-states/quick-facts/arkansas/black-population-percentage#map
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2018, 12:40:31 AM »

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/AR – I had to check but I guess you're right

I always thought it was a bit higher for some reason.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies