Justice Democrats is dead.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:22:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Justice Democrats is dead.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Justice Democrats is dead.  (Read 4072 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2017, 05:21:29 PM »

Two big leaders from the Justice Democrats left in the past two days. The movement is probably dead.
Cenk Ugyur resigned after an old blog post surfaced that was seen as extremely sexist.
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/22/cenk-uygur-young-turks-founder-apologizes-insensit/
See Kyle Kulinski's statement here: https://youtu.be/kczCNvJYlxk

The Justice Democrats are now likely to dwindle unless new leadership arises quickly, which is highly unlikely.
Question is: what will be the new movement for the Bernie wing?
And also, how do you feel about this? I for one am unsure.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »

It was never alive in the first place.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »

Let it die
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 06:08:03 PM »

It was about as successful as BetaMAX VCR's
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »

Aside from being more aggressive in primarying corporate democrats (which I'm personally not a fan of for the most part), Justice Democrats (or Brand New Congress for that matter which later merged with Justice Democrats) didn't share any goals that Our Revolution did not have. With that in mind, Justice Dems basically shot themselves in the foot. The let someone with skeletons in his closet in Cenk as part of Justice Dems, and it backfired, resulting in not only him resigning voluntarily, but then calls him racist, which leads to Kyle Kulinski leaving over how they handled (a mistake on his part, and I say this as someone who listens to his stuff daily). They're probably better off merging with Our Revolution at this point unless they can get another left wing YouTuber to replace Ugyur/Kulinski.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 06:24:12 PM »

The JDs are Shakespearean jokes. I say that as a Berniecrat.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 07:05:40 PM »

Their idiotic obsession with targeting Joe Manchin (proving they don't understand WV whatsoever) seemed to indicate they were going to be worthless anyway. They should have been targeting candidates like Cantwell and Casey, who voted against Bernie's drug bill and were seats we could have been favored to hold with other candidates.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »

Even Vince McMahon's XFL was more successful than they were.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 07:39:22 PM »

Even Vince McMahon's XFL was more successful than they were.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »

The JDs are Shakespearean jokes. I say that as a Berniecrat.
Agree with all the above sentiments. They were a joke; nobody really took them seriously
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »

Good. We need a progressive movement led by someone decent. Our Revolution is a much better one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »

Good, hopefully we can get a competent, sane progressive movement.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »

All they did was work to further divide the Democratic party. Good riddance. We will support whoever the Democratic nominee is in each individual race regardless of how far to the left or near center they are on the spectrum. The time for "transforming" the Democratic party is NOT now.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »

Our Revolution was clearly better even before this latest news.
MPactus has some good people, too.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »

Our Revolution was clearly better even before this latest news.
MPactus has some good people, too.
Yeah, I think I was watching a bit too much Kulinski lately and got sucked in. Although I still believe they were successful in the fact they got some congressmen on board.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 08:43:54 PM »

Their idiotic obsession with targeting Joe Manchin (proving they don't understand WV whatsoever) seemed to indicate they were going to be worthless anyway. They should have been targeting candidates like Cantwell and Casey, who voted against Bernie's drug bill and were seats we could have been favored to hold with other candidates.
I can't say I disagree with you about the targeting Cartwell and Casey, I think your point about WV is incorrect. Watch this and see how a Bernie-like Dem would be perfect for WV. https://youtu.be/3rC3FjRZzEM
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 08:52:16 PM »

I can't say I disagree with you about the targeting Cartwell and Casey, I think your point about WV is incorrect. Watch this and see how a Bernie-like Dem would be perfect for WV. https://youtu.be/3rC3FjRZzEM

They should be targeting most Democrats. Obviously they'd support Bernie, and I could see them giving Warren, Brown, Baldwin, and Hirono a pass, but most of the rest of the Democrats up need some serious primary challenges.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »

They should be targeting most Democrats. Obviously they'd support Bernie, and I could see them giving Warren, Brown, Baldwin, and Hirono a pass, but most of the rest of the Democrats up need some serious primary challenges.
That's what they were trying to do. Last I heard they had 51 candidates, although now I'm not sure how many new ones will be coming in with their top two leaders gone.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 09:41:39 PM »

A socially conservative/populist Dem may be able to work in WV, but that's basically describes a Manchin clone on policy who supports Medicare for All and is more pro-union and as a result, doesn't identify himself as a centrist Democrat. Manchin is hideous on climate change, but in a coal state like WV, you're not gonna get any better in that department.

PJS isn't a terrible candidate on paper, but I'm not convinced she could win statewide. She's better off going after WV-01 or WV-02 IMO where she isn't risking throwing a seat to the GOP.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »

I can't stand it... this is TERRIBLE NEWS. But I'm not willing to let them go down! They've already endorsed a TON of people. I agree their strategy is bad and needs work, but they just launched this year! It takes time to build these movements.
 I think the big problem for progressives is getting  behind a single candidate in a race. In CA-45 for instance, there's three Bernie people. Well, that's NOT what we need! We need one progressive endorsement per district, and we need to run in the right areas. I think the Texas candidates are good, but where's the people running in districts like IL-14, MN-2 while we have candidates running in dark red areas like CO-5 and NC-5?  Where is Pelosi's challenger? And more importantly... where's Randy Bryce! Progressives need to be organized.
I wish they hadn't fired Cenk though, it's not like he sexually harassed anybody or groped them! I just think this is going to far. I mean for goodness sakes, Bernie has that letter from 45 years ago should we separate ourselves from him?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 10:18:10 PM »

It's tough to take the high road when you're constantly white knighting.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 10:44:49 PM »

I can't stand it... this is TERRIBLE NEWS. But I'm not willing to let them go down! They've already endorsed a TON of people. I agree their strategy is bad and needs work, but they just launched this year! It takes time to build these movements.
 I think the big problem for progressives is getting  behind a single candidate in a race. In CA-45 for instance, there's three Bernie people. Well, that's NOT what we need! We need one progressive endorsement per district, and we need to run in the right areas. I think the Texas candidates are good, but where's the people running in districts like IL-14, MN-2 while we have candidates running in dark red areas like CO-5 and NC-5?  Where is Pelosi's challenger? And more importantly... where's Randy Bryce! Progressives need to be organized.
I wish they hadn't fired Cenk though, it's not like he sexually harassed anybody or groped them! I just think this is going to far. I mean for goodness sakes, Bernie has that letter from 45 years ago should we separate ourselves from him?

Randy Bryce is busy being a deadbeat dad who doesn't even care enough about his own son enough to help take care of the poor boy.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »

Most of the viable candidates included in their slate were viable for reasons unrelated to their affiliation with the organization, which mostly consist(ed) of some dude candidates anyway. It's not clear that they're goin under, though; a quick search on Twitter seems to indicate that they'll still be advertising the candidates heavily on TYT. (Not that it particularly matters)

All they did was work to further divide the Democratic party. Good riddance. We will support whoever the Democratic nominee is in each individual race regardless of how far to the left or near center they are on the spectrum.
Most of their candidates were (are?) running in districts not held my Democratic incumbents, so I don't quite see your point. Also, who is "we"?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's as good a time as ever.
You nailed it sir.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »

Most of the viable candidates included in their slate were viable for reasons unrelated to their affiliation with the organization, which mostly consist(ed) of some dude candidates anyway. It's not clear that they're goin under, though; a quick search on Twitter seems to indicate that they'll still be advertising the candidates heavily on TYT. (Not that it particularly matters)

All they did was work to further divide the Democratic party. Good riddance. We will support whoever the Democratic nominee is in each individual race regardless of how far to the left or near center they are on the spectrum.

Most of their candidates were (are?) running in districts not held my Democratic incumbents, so I don't quite see your point. Also, who is "we"?

It's liberals like you that will hand Trump another term because some candidates our party nominates don't suit your every view.

Anyways, Justice Democrats is a massive failure. Time to move on.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2017, 12:10:10 AM »

It's liberals like you that will hand Trump another term because some candidates our party nominates don't suit your every view.

That's not an answer to my crystal-clear question: If not now, when, exactly, is the time to transform the Democratic Party?

You did not ask a question. Get over it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies