European ancestry and political party preference poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:02:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  European ancestry and political party preference poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which European ancestry do you think votes the most republican
English

German

Irish

Italian

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: European ancestry and political party preference poll  (Read 1195 times)
King Lear
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2017, 02:18:23 AM »

I choose these four because these are the four primary ethnic ancestries of White Americans, I personally
Believe the answer is quite obvious but I would like to see how others respond before telling my opinion.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 04:45:23 AM »

I think people of English ancestry are hands down the most republican just for the simple fact that white southerners which voted 80-90% republican last year are overwhelmingly of English ancestry. Germans are probably number two because the vast majority of Rural White Midwesterners are of German ancestry and these people voted about 70-80% republican last year. Lastly, I dispute your analysis on Irish and Italians, my gut tells me Irish are the least republican of these four groups just for the odvious fact that the white population of the state with the highest percentage of Irish ancestry, Massachusetts, voted democratic by about 20 points last year. This shows that the Irish population in New England must still be voting Democratic, however I do Know that outside of New England the Irish population votes heavily republican meaning that nationwide I'd say they probably vote 55% republican. Lastly, it's hard to believe Italians are the least republican of these groups due to the fact even in the overwhelming democratic New York City, the borough with the most Italians, Staten Island voted republican by 15 points last year. This tells me Italians probably voted 60% Republican nationwide.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »

English of course, especially if “American” is counted as such. Germans are also strongly republican, Protestant Germans have been in the republican base since the very beginning. Aside from these four, Dutch Americans are extremely conservative, does anybody know how polish Americans vote?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »

English of course, especially if “American” is counted as such. Germans are also strongly republican, Protestant Germans have been in the republican base since the very beginning. Aside from these four, Dutch Americans are extremely conservative, does anybody know how polish Americans vote?

WOOH! Tongue
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »

In terms of GOP support, my guess is English/American overall, German outside the South.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »

Polish Catholics vote republican but polish Jews vote democrat. It’s basically the same with all other Eastern Europeans like Russian/Ukrainian/Hungarian Christians vote republican but their Jewish counterparts vote dem
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 08:01:48 PM »

Polish Catholics vote republican but polish Jews vote democrat. It’s basically the same with all other Eastern Europeans like Russian/Ukrainian/Hungarian Christians vote republican but their Jewish counterparts vote dem

I think ex-soviet jews vote Republican, looking at brooklyn results.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »

I think ex-soviet jews vote Republican, looking at brooklyn results.

This. Russian Jewish immigrants are pretty Republican and seemed to like Trump.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »

I agree with this. English just edges out German only because most white southerners are WASPs. Poles, being catholic and a little more urban, would historically have been a democrat voting group. Like German catholics, however, they've trended R. Luzcerne county, PA, the only plurality Polish county in America, went from Obama winning it by 5 to Trump winning it by 20 last election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies