2020- Bernie Sanders/Tim Ryan vs John Kasich/Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:01:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020- Bernie Sanders/Tim Ryan vs John Kasich/Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020- Bernie Sanders/Tim Ryan vs John Kasich/Mitt Romney  (Read 836 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »

Senator Bernie Sanders wins the Democratic Nomination in 2020 largely due to sweeping the early states due to a failed Assassination Attempt. He selects former rival Congressman Tim Ryan of Ohio as his running mate. Former Governor John Kasich beats President Mike Pence for the GOP Nomination unexpectedly, and chooses former party nominee and Utah Senator Mitt Romney as his running mate. Who wins?
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:51:26 PM »

Ryan would be a poor choice of running mate for Sanders, and Kasich's strength in the Midwest greatly counters Sanders' strength in that area. However, I think Sanders would be able to recapture MI/WI.

PA is the tipping point state, with both candidates tied at 259 EV. I have honestly no idea who would be favored there.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2020, 07:08:11 PM by bagelman »

Ryan would be a poor choice of running mate for Sanders, and Kasich's strength in the Midwest greatly counters Sanders' strength in that area. However, I think Sanders would be able to recapture MI/WI.

PA is the tipping point state, with both candidates tied at 259 EV. I have honestly no idea who would be favored there.

Pretty much agree with this. PA depends on the economy: A good economy gives Kasich the eastern surburbs and enough Trump Dems in the west to keep the state Atlas Blue.

dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 01:55:38 AM »

This:

The GOP isn't winning the Presidency if a SITTING PRESIDENT (even if he's only President due to impeachment or resignation) is defeated for the nomination. Also, I don't think Bernie would pick Tim Ryan. He'd need a woman or a minority to balance the ticket. I could see Ohio and Iowa narrowly tipping to the Bern Man as well if there's a Trumpian third party run.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 02:17:23 AM »

309: John Kasich/Condoleezza Rice - 48.0%
229: Bernie Sanders/Samantha Power - 46.3%

Both needed a female with foreign policy experience on the ticket, and these two fit the bill.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 10:50:56 PM »

309: John Kasich/Condoleezza Rice - 48.0%
229: Bernie Sanders/Samantha Power - 46.3%

Rice would be an excellent pic for Kasich, but if Sanders HAD to have a foreign policy woman it could’ve the other Rice, I doubt it but. Samantha Power’s Irish, no?

Both needed a female with foreign policy experience on the ticket, and these two fit the bill.

killertahu22
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 06:57:16 PM »

Kasich wins
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 04:08:22 PM »

This:

The GOP isn't winning the Presidency if a SITTING PRESIDENT (even if he's only President due to impeachment or resignation) is defeated for the nomination. Also, I don't think Bernie would pick Tim Ryan. He'd need a woman or a minority to balance the ticket. I could see Ohio and Iowa narrowly tipping to the Bern Man as well if there's a Trumpian third party run.
Agree
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 11:11:47 PM »

Kasich has ties to Pennsylvania, being born and raised in McKees Rock.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies