NYMag: America Hates the Republicans, and Republicans Don’t Know Why
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:26:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYMag: America Hates the Republicans, and Republicans Don’t Know Why
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYMag: America Hates the Republicans, and Republicans Don’t Know Why  (Read 2727 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »
« edited: December 19, 2017, 09:27:07 PM by Virginia »

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/america-hates-the-republicans-and-they-dont-know-why.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Note: I don't think the title is is correct, but it's what they used.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »

Shouldn't be the topic be about why America hates Democrtas but don't know why? Because they seem to be punished over more trivial issues like Carter's economy or Clinton's healthcare changes then the party of Watergate, Irancontra, Iraq War, and the 08 crash
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »

Democrats are too indulgent of crime. Republicans don't believe in climate change and are anti-union.

Period.

This is why I am centrist Independent.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »

Democrats are too indulgent of crime. Republicans don't believe in climate change and are anti-union.

Period.

So that you get a government that doesn't believe in climate change and is anti-union, but is only soft on white-collar crime?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 11:30:28 PM »

I know why I hate them.... because I can never remember a time where they weren't corrupt, divisive, and just all around assholes for the sake of being assholes.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »

Period.

So that you get a government that doesn't believe in climate change and is anti-union, but is only soft on white-collar crime?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 12:41:26 PM »

Period.

I'm talking about urban crime. You know, murders and robberies. Republicans can't be blamed for Chicago. You can't blame white suburbanites.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »

Period.

I'm talking about urban crime. You know, murders and robberies. Republicans can't be blamed for Chicago. You can't blame white suburbanites.

Wtf dude.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 12:50:19 PM »

lol, I know exactly why.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 12:58:31 PM »

Shouldn't be the topic be about why America hates Democrtas but don't know why? Because they seem to be punished over more trivial issues like Carter's economy or Clinton's healthcare changes then the party of Watergate, Irancontra, Iraq War, and the 08 crash

The economy got Carter in too against Ford, but the here seems to be correct.

A better title is "America keeps giving Republicans second chances and it doesn't know why"
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »

Period.

The four U.S. cities with the highest violent crime rates (St. Louis, Detroit, Memphis and Milwaukee) are in states with Republican governors and Republican control of the state legislatures. Why can't Republicans control crime?
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »

I'm pretty sure healthcare and the economy are not trivial issues to most people and are probably more relevant to people's daily lives than something like Iran-contra was.

Also worth pointing out that the GOP got clobbered in 74, 86, 06 and 08.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 01:40:59 PM »

Period.

This isn't the first time you've brought this up. Can you clarify what you mean? Can you explain how, specifically, Democrats are too easy on "urban" murders and robberies?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »

I don't hate anyone. I hate crime. Far left justifies crime because of slavery. I hate rural crime. Restructure the police departments. End stop n frisk. I don't use those words.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Republicans have gutted unions. Why aren't rural voters punishing them for that. Both parties have failed on crime, jobs, etc.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 03:36:57 PM »

Period.

This isn't the first time you've brought this up. Can you clarify what you mean? Can you explain how, specifically, Democrats are too easy on "urban" murders and robberies?

We all very well know the word that bronz wants to say, and it starts with an n.

I don't use words like that. I hate crime. Crime is crime is crime. Rural crime, urban crime, no matter what race you are I do NOT tolerate it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 04:13:38 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2017, 04:17:16 PM by Mr. Morden »

Who is "they"?  You didn't provide a link to the story.  Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 04:16:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure the "they" in the title refers to Republicans, not America.  As in "Republicans don't understand why Americans hate them."
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 09:22:11 PM »

Period.

The four U.S. cities with the highest violent crime rates (St. Louis, Detroit, Memphis and Milwaukee) are in states with Republican governors and Republican control of the state legislatures. Why can't Republicans control crime?

They have zero interest in actually addressing the problems in those cities. Not doing so allows them to point the blame at the Democrats who run things on a local level (who are handicapped in funding and aid from the state and federal government) and say "LOOK! Don't let Democrats turn [insert state here] into another [insert inner city here]! Vote Republican!" And it apparently keeps working out well for them, even as other parts of the state rapidly deteriorate.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 09:26:28 PM »

Who is "they"?  You didn't provide a link to the story.  Tongue

I'm pretty sure the "they" in the title refers to Republicans, not America.  As in "Republicans don't understand why Americans hate them."

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot the link. I never forget Sad

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/america-hates-the-republicans-and-they-dont-know-why.html
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »

Period.

Strangely, in Utah with its free gun laws.....you don't see folks shooting other folks on a daily basis. Wonder why.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »

Period.

Strangely, in Utah with its free gun laws.....you don't see folks shooting other folks on a daily basis. Wonder why.

Uh huh...

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:53 PM »

Because Utah shoots up behind closed doors?

Because none of the major media has reporters in Utah?

Because you spout off nonsense without even checking what the facts are?
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 11:00:59 PM »

Period.

Uh huh...

That maps uh, pretty damning.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies