Can we drop the "Nazi Generation" talk now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:34:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Can we drop the "Nazi Generation" talk now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Can we drop the "Nazi Generation" talk now?  (Read 2602 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2017, 11:05:37 PM »

The results from Alabama indicate that young voters aren't turning into Nazis in hordes all loving Trump. In Alabama. Seems kind of odd to conclude the entire country will soon vote like Alabama does now currently in terms of racial demographics.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:13:58 PM »

First: Trump ≠ Nazi. He's just really bad with words and the press. He didn't condemn the KKK not out of malicious intent, but instead out of a misunderstanding with the press.

Second: Alabama's result has no indication of a "anti-Trump" vote in a red state. It was just against an alleged sex offender. Alabama does not indicate a trend. Had these allegations not come out or had Roy Moore been a better candidate, I almost 99.99% guarantee you, even with the current political climate, Moore would have won with a 7-12 point landslide. Again, Alabama is no indicator of a national trend unless every Senate candidate turns out to be a sex offender.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:14:30 PM »

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Nobody's becoming Nazis.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 11:21:10 PM »

I'm seeing people talking about how we need to limit the right to free speech of the Nazis. Obviously the real fascists are those who want to suppress speech that they don't like.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:31:42 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2017, 02:21:24 PM by darklordoftech »

The results from Alabama indicate that young voters aren't turning into Nazis in hordes all loving Trump. In Alabama. Seems kind of odd to conclude the entire country will soon vote like Alabama does now currently in terms of racial demographics.

Yeah but look how many subscribers The_Donald has.

Coincidence? I think not.
I'm sure there's plenty of Tea Party, Bushian, Clintonite, and Berniecrat subreddits with more subscribers.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »

I'm sure there's plenty of Tea Party, Bushian, Clintonite, and Berniecrat subreddits with more
subscribers.
Yeah, Bernie Sanders was the most popular politician since LBJ on reddit.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2017, 07:50:53 PM by ERM64man »

Why does everyone say Alabama's GOP trend applies to the whole country? It doesn't make sense. California whites are trending Democratic. I see the CA GOP falling into a bottomless pit. I predict the 2020 Democratic nominee will win CA whites (and every other demographic in CA) by a wider margin than Hillary Clinton. I think the country is too diverse for all whites to vote like they do in AL. I think trends will continue to be different in different regions. Alabama is no indicator of a national trend.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 08:14:53 PM »

So the only reason we shouldn't deem an entire generation the "Nazi Generation" is because they voted for a Democrat?

I would think, in general, you shouldn't name an entire generation after those bent on the extermination of other human beings, but whatever works for you
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 08:27:28 PM »

Young whites in California overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. Arizona's growing Hispanic population and Democratic trend among white voters made AZ a new swing state. The US is too diverse for whites to all become like Alabama whites.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 12:53:26 AM »

The Nazi ideology was a product of the Treaty of Versailles. The Treaty of Versailles limited the size of Germany's military, putting many soldiers out of work. Many of these soldiers couldn't find civilian employment, and it was from these layed off soldiers that the rank and file of the Nazi Party came. I don't think it's likely that America will be forced to lay off its soldiers by a treaty.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2017, 12:07:32 PM by Virginia »

Why does everyone say Alabama's GOP trend applies to the whole country? It doesn't make sense. California whites are trending Democratic. I see the CA GOP falling into a bottomless pit. I predict the 2020 Democratic nominee will win CA whites (and every other demographic in CA) by a wider margin than Hillary Clinton. I think the country is too diverse for all whites to vote like they do in AL. I think trends will continue to be different in different regions. Alabama is no indicator of a national trend.

Actually it did seem like the voters who put Jones over the top were the kind of voters that are fueling a backlash against Republicans nationally. Millennials, minorities and white college graduates. It is also true that even in 2012, Millennials in Alabama were much more Democratic than older voters.

So trends in Alabama can be exported elsewhere, to a degree.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 12:35:53 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2017, 12:37:44 PM by Rep.-elect wxtransit »

Bingo. Some of the voters for Jones may have been part of a backlash, but the majority of them didn't vote for Moore because he was accused of sexual harassment, not because they hated the GOP.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 03:13:03 PM »

Since Generation Z will be the most diverse generation in history, any talk of the entire group becoming Hitler Youth is absurd. But it's still possible that white youths are becoming more conservative, especially those without a college degree who live in the South or Midwest, and any further liberalization (for lack of a better word) is on the backs of minority youth.

Can anyone bring up the numbers here again? I remember we had a long talk about this exact thing a few months back.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2017, 03:31:14 PM by ERM64man »

Since Generation Z will be the most diverse generation in history, any talk of the entire group becoming Hitler Youth is absurd. But it's still possible that white youths are becoming more conservative, especially those without a college degree who live in the South or Midwest, and any further liberalization (for lack of a better word) is on the backs of minority youth.

Can anyone bring up the numbers here again? I remember we had a long talk about this exact thing a few months back.
I definitely see that being the case in the rural South and Midwest (which are trending GOP), but I don't see it happening in urban areas or states like CA and AZ (where even whites are trending Democratic). The Democratic trend in the Twin Cities suburbs might also complicate the GOP's path to victory in MN (where Trump likely relied on his promise to protect entitlements). Bruce Poliquin might also be vulnerable in ME-2 (a very white district).
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 10:01:35 PM »

White youth aren't trending GOP at all. Most are going straight to the Democrats. Trump did not create a new Hitler Youth movement in the GOP but rather pushed the Young Republicans out of his party forever. They're never coming back.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 01:40:13 AM »

White youth aren't trending GOP at all. Most are going straight to the Democrats. Trump did not create a new Hitler Youth movement in the GOP but rather pushed the Young Republicans out of his party forever. They're never coming back.

Tekken says the truth, and there are no precinct level election results that provide evidence to the contrary.

In fact I'm honestly a bit confused about where the myth of this whole "Millennial Voting Division Gap" came from without a single shred of supporting evidence, and obviously the College Precinct Results do not at all support this evidence, considering Trump might have won 6-10 Division 1-A College Football University precincts.

Sorry Dawg don't hunt.... Also evidence is pretty clear the WWC Millennials weren't big fans of Trump, even in states that voted hard Republican in '16.

Back when I was in in High School in the '80s the "Reagan Youth" phenomenon was more real where the College Kids voted much more Republican than White Working-Class communities in many Northern States.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »

If this is even remotely true the Republican party is completely finished.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 04:38:24 PM »

I saw a poll that said that Millennials are planning on voting Democrat by a 69-21 margin in 2018. Case closed.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »

I saw a poll that said that Millennials are planning on voting Democrat by a 69-21 margin in 2018. Case closed.

People are talking about Generation Z, not millennials.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »

Yeah, but based on how millennials are expected to vote in 2018, there appears to be little hope for the GOP to win Gen Z. The first of GZ are actually going to be voting next year.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 07:55:48 PM »

Yeah, but based on how millennials are expected to vote in 2018, there appears to be little hope for the GOP to win Gen Z. The first of GZ are actually going to be voting next year.

So a typical BRTD "Seagull Thread", where he posts an extremely provocative thread title, to make a decent fundamental point, and then sits back to wait for some dumb a$$ to take the bait so he can swoop in and call them out on their BS.

Turns out in this case, BRTD did not get his wish, since pretty much every poster agrees that that Millennial Voters are not in any ways akin to Nazis or Fascists, despite the rise of a vocal sliver of the generation hiding out in the dark corners of the internet, and previous "White Power" activists that tried to exploit the election of Donald Trump to expand the terrain of White Supremacist ideology to a New Generation of Americans.

They got their behinds soundly paddled in Charlottesville, and if we've learned anything about the future foot soldiers of the "Nazi Generation", they are very good at running, and obviously not very good at street fighting, let alone convincing members of their Generation as part of the war of ideas or ideology.

We actually fought back Nazi and Fascist Youth up and down the West Coast in the '80s and early '90s, from "Liberal" large cities like Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco, to University towns like Corvallis, Eugene, and Berkeley, to White Working Class communities like Tacoma, Salem, Albany, Sacramento.

Now, the second part of the BRTD bait was to try to stir the pot regarding Millennial voters that backed Trump, as somehow a surrogate replacement where Trump Voters = Fascists, to see if he could troll that mine, and then repost on AAD to show how stupid younger posters on Atlas are, regardless of if they strongly agree that voting Trump = Fascist vs those who try to post that Trump is absolutely not supportive of these White Nationalistic movements.

Still, it's actually pleasing to see this thread not turn into a cesspool mud-wrastlin' match, but rather people actually posting about potential voting habits of Gen Z.

At this point I have not seen one shred of evidence to suggest that Gen Z voters will vote any more Republican in '18 than in '16, let alone potential future voting habits in '20.

Trump has done more to destroy the Republican brand among the youngest voters than any other President in American history in at least 50 years.

Even George W. Bush, which is where we saw major defections towards Obama in '08, because of Bush Jrs Iraq War and economic collapse, doesn't appear to even have come close to the damage that Trump has done to the youngest segment of voters, and now the largest demographic population within the US (Millennials).

I do not subscribe to the concept that "Demographics are destiny", since political parties can and will reinvent themselves over time to market their package to newer voters, but still it is unfathomable to see Gen Z swinging Republican until well after 2020 (Assuming that Trump is heading the top of the ticket and running for re-election at that time).

Unfortunately for the 'Pubs, these are formative years where political attitudes and opinions start to become deeply engrained, so it's actually a pretty bleak outlook for the near future for Republicans, even in their strongholds within the South and Mountain Midwest.

To use a poker metaphor, Dem's a sitting on an AK suited and already have hit 4/5 on their flush draw on the flop when it comes to younger voters, and the Trump decision to double-down on Old White voters in '16, means there are tons of chips already sunk into the pot, and come 2018/2020, the AK suited will hit their flush draw and rake in tons of chips (Votes).

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »

So a typical BRTD "Seagull Thread", where he posts an extremely provocative thread title, to make a decent fundamental point, and then sits back to wait for some dumb a$$ to take the bait so he can swoop in and call them out on their BS.

Turns out in this case, BRTD did not get his wish, since pretty much every poster agrees that that Millennial Voters are not in any ways akin to Nazis or Fascists, despite the rise of a vocal sliver of the generation hiding out in the dark corners of the internet, and previous "White Power" activists that tried to exploit the election of Donald Trump to expand the terrain of White Supremacist ideology to a New Generation of Americans.

That's not the case here. Posters here have claimed that in fact the next generation are all Nazis.

But seriously though. This generation is basically the Hitler youth reincarnated. It's just a fact.

If those numbers are correct the GOP will need to start making real efforts with minorities within the next 5 years.  Those numbers aren't sustainable long term.

Even if we just assumed that all constituencies remained static and old whites are being replaced by less conservative whites... that would be enough to cause the GOP problems... then you factor in the notion that the minority population is growing and it becomes implausible to continue this.

As others have stated, young whites are almost exclusively neo-Nazi/alt-right. The country will be voting like Mississippi and Alabama in 50 years.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2017, 12:45:06 PM »

My comment was hyperbole.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »

We'll drop it just as soon as Trump stops propping up and encouraging Nazis.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies