Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:07:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope  (Read 68012 times)
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« on: December 13, 2017, 08:30:08 AM »

Doug Jones isn't some superstar, he was just lucky that Roy Moore sucked as a human. Otherwise, he would have lost big time.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:09:00 PM »

I don't see why democrats are joyful about the results. Yes Doug won, but it took everything the democrat had to win a narrow victory against a guy who should have been blown out of the water.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 07:03:35 PM »

I don't see why democrats are joyful about the results. Yes Doug won, but it took everything the democrat had to win a narrow victory against a guy who should have been blown out of the water.

Martha Coakley also sucked hard as a candidate but that didn't prevent Republicans from celebrating Scott Brown's win, or the media talking about "Democrats in disarray".

There is a big difference between Martha Coakley and Roy Moore.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »

What would be the appropriate reaction for you, sir? Roll Eyes

At the end of the day, the Democrats have an extra senate seat. How it was achieved is irrelevant at this point.

My point is, y’all are acting like this means the death of the Republicans and 2018 is going to be a blood bath. That isn’t true. It took everything the Democratic Party has to bet a child rapist.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 09:54:08 PM »

You guys are so blind to what I am saying. Doug Jones only won because Roy Moore is a child rapist. If another candidate was on the ballot he would have lost badly. This race had nothing to do with people not liking republicans and wanting change or whatever. It was all about Roy Moore and his actions.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »

You guys are so blind to what I am saying. Doug Jones only won because Roy Moore is a child rapist. If another candidate was on the ballot he would have lost badly. This race had nothing to do with people not liking republicans and wanting change or whatever. It was all about Roy Moore and his actions.
I think Moore would've won if Clinton was in the White House right now, as Republican voters would've been more energized and seen him as a check on her "liberal" policies.

Maybe, but not by much.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »

And lets just make it clear, I do not think that republican will make big gain in 2018, nor do I believe Democrats will. I think 2018 will be a wash of an election.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 11:19:07 PM »

But considering partisan polarization it is still quite a feat that Jones managed to break through.

It only took his opponent being a child rapist
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 10:52:39 PM »

My point I am making is a lot of democrats are using this race to say that 2018 is going to be a blood bath for the Republicans. When this race was about much more than the republicans. It was about Moore as a person. Don't get me wrong, I think Republicans will not do great in 2018, but I don't think Democrats are going to blow them out of the water.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies