Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:57:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope  (Read 68051 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: December 13, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »

https://twitter.com/JMilesColeman/status/940883469042843648

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:23:03 PM »

We have voters bused in from Mississippi and vote totals transposed. Are there any other theories of how Moore didn't really lose?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:53:49 AM »

We have voters bused in from Mississippi and vote totals transposed. Are there any other theories of how Moore didn't really lose?

You forgot the dead people who voted.

That's an old favorite.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »

I know this video has a ton of garbage but the first 20 seconds are real.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0AxVXM2Lts4

I think there is some voter fraud but I still think Doug Jones but by much less.
With Alabamas super strict voter ID law, I think this is pretty much impossible.
The guy said we came from parts of the country to vote and we got our guy elected.

That’s voter fraud 100%.

To paraphrase your President, that's not fraud, it's smart /sarc

Seriously, it's incredibly hard to commit voter fraud in any state. For every illegal vote, you'd have to eliminate as many legitimate votes in order to not create a disparity between total votes and registered voters. You'd have to have someone on the inside actually tamper with voting boxes, which would be election fraud.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 04:22:52 PM »

No one really needs to call for Trump to resign because everyone knows that he won't do it. With that said, if Democrats retake Congress next year there will surely be investigations into the matters.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »

I don't see why democrats are joyful about the results. Yes Doug won, but it took everything the democrat had to win a narrow victory against a guy who should have been blown out of the water.
What would be the appropriate reaction for you, sir? Roll Eyes

At the end of the day, the Democrats have an extra senate seat. How it was achieved is irrelevant at this point.

My point is, y’all are acting like this means the death of the Republicans and 2018 is going to be a blood bath. That isn’t true. It took everything the Democratic Party has to bet a child rapist.

It didn't take everything the Democratic Party has considering that the national party had no involvement. The problem for Republicans is that Democrats have easier opportunities than this one against Republicans who aren't like Moore.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 08:15:03 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2017, 08:16:53 PM by Invisible Obama »

I don't see why democrats are joyful about the results. Yes Doug won, but it took everything the democrat had to win a narrow victory against a guy who should have been blown out of the water.
What would be the appropriate reaction for you, sir? Roll Eyes

At the end of the day, the Democrats have an extra senate seat. How it was achieved is irrelevant at this point.

My point is, y’all are acting like this means the death of the Republicans and 2018 is going to be a blood bath. That isn’t true. It took everything the Democratic Party has to bet a child rapist.

It didn't take everything the Democratic Party has considering that the national party had no involvement.

What? The DNC was heavily involved, Ellison and Perez were both on the ground in Alabama towards the end. They just learned their lesson from GA-06 and made sure it wasn't very publicized.

If I'm correct, the DSCC was not running ads for Jones and every ad was directly from Jones campaign. Even if there was minimal involvement, it's a stretch to say that it took the Democratic Party everything it had to win the race.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 10:33:27 PM »

You guys are so blind to what I am saying. Doug Jones only won because Roy Moore is a child rapist. If another candidate was on the ballot he would have lost badly. This race had nothing to do with people not liking republicans and wanting change or whatever. It was all about Roy Moore and his actions.

But considering partisan polarization it is still quite a feat that Jones managed to break through.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »

You guys are so blind to what I am saying. Doug Jones only won because Roy Moore is a child rapist. If another candidate was on the ballot he would have lost badly. This race had nothing to do with people not liking republicans and wanting change or whatever. It was all about Roy Moore and his actions.

But considering partisan polarization it is still quite a feat that Jones managed to break through.

It only took his opponent being a child rapist

You underestimate just how far partisanship runs. Had a nobody that raised no money been running against Moore, Moore would have won even with the allegations.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 09:36:04 PM »

Yes, Jean Smart would be perfect. Kayla Moore talks like a crazy version of Charlene Frazier anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies