Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:06:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 4: A New Hope  (Read 68061 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 13, 2017, 02:42:57 AM »

I'm still astonished that Jefferson county went 68-30 for Jones... after only voting for Clinton by 7.

Jones really over-performed there.
I'm sure Birmingham proper was overrepresented in tonight's result. Not to mention the hugely popular new and young mayor of Birmingham working hard to get people out for Jones. The numbers were amazing. I can't wait until another generation passes and the South becomes the new battleground.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 03:10:06 AM »

I'm still astonished that Jefferson county went 68-30 for Jones... after only voting for Clinton by 7.

Jones really over-performed there.
I'm sure Birmingham proper was overrepresented in tonight's result. Not to mention the hugely popular new and young mayor of Birmingham working hard to get people out for Jones. The numbers were amazing. I can't wait until another generation passes and the South becomes the new battleground.

I gotta think Jones' win will be a big inspiration to Dems all over the South and maybe the midwest. They might still lose most of the time, but now there's that example to look to that it can actually happen. And that means a lot to have that inspiration.
Perez really needs to focus on rebuilding the Democratic Party's infrastructure down here. Birmingham, Atlanta, Charlotte, etc are the future of the party.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »

Is anyone else still in disbelief about this election?
Yes. Georgia was supposed to get a pro-choice Democratic Senator before Alabunga. Sad
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 05:42:47 PM »

I don't see why democrats are joyful about the results. Yes Doug won, but it took everything the democrat had to win a narrow victory against a guy who should have been blown out of the water.
What would be the appropriate reaction for you, sir? Roll Eyes

At the end of the day, the Democrats have an extra senate seat. How it was achieved is irrelevant at this point.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 08:39:36 AM »

Moore is moving to block the certification based on "systematic voter fraud" that doesn't exist https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/us/politics/roy-moore-block-election.html

Bussed in blacks from Mississippi using Alabama state-issued IDs they don't have? Roll Eyes

With all that has been done to keep black people from voting in this state, this accusation is preposterous.

When Jones won, my greatest fear was that this would mobilize Alabama to find even more ways to suppress the votes of black Alabamians. I hope they remain vigilant.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 01:20:06 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2018, 01:57:37 PM by RFKFan68 »

Sen-Elect Jones hires first Democratic African American Chief of Staff in the Senate. Smiley

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/01/02/doug-jones-african-american-chief-of-staff-dana-gresham-320117
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies