Office of Secretary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:00:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Secretary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Office of Secretary  (Read 3943 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 12:44:02 AM »

Office of
Senator Wxtransit

June 30, 2018

For the past few days, I've been thinking about the future, and what I plan to do here in the next few months. First and foremost, I'd like you, as Fremontians and my constituents, to give your input as to these plans, as this will likely directly affect you. To get straight to the point, I'm openly considering re-election to this office, running for a seat in your House of Representatives, or possibly a run for First Minister of this great region. As is likely apparent by the nature of this update, I'm not sure as to what I'm going to do. Whatever I do, however, I want it to be in the best interests of Fremont, and this is the reason I am coming to all of you about this. Hopefully, I'll have made a decision within the next few weeks Tongue

Thank you, and God bless Fremont and Atlasia.

- Senator wxtransit

You’re a great senator! Whatever you do, I’m sure the people of Fremont agree with that.

Thank you! And the likewise goes to you, Senator Tongue
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »

Office of
Senator Wxtransit

July 6, 2018

After some discussion with some close friends and other Fremontians and Atlasians, I have decided that my best course of action will be to pursue a third, non-consecutive term in the House through a write-in campaign. I've decided to run not only because I feel like there is a lot of great talent in Fremont and I don't want to hold this seat from any who wish to try their hand at the Senate, but also, I feel like the House could use an fresh independent voice who will not be afraid to pursue reform and maintain a strong activity level in the chamber. I'll be making a campaign thread when we get closer to the election, though I felt it was best to announce this now. If any of you have questions, feel free to ask them here for the time being or PM me.

Thank you, and God bless Fremont and Atlasia.

- Senator wxtransit
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 09:32:19 PM »

Office of
Senator Wxtransit

July 22, 2018

Well, this is not the speech I imagined myself making this morning.

After a few hours of self-reflection, and my finalization of my next semester's schedule, I feel I cannot remain on Atlasia for at least the duration of my next academic year, starting today. All seven of my classes will be very demanding of my time, and today I've got to start preparing for them. For this reason (and I thoroughly apologize for any inconvenience caused), I have decided to resign the three offices I hold, and leave through either a duel or falling off the rolls (as it appears that voluntary deregistration is not a thing anymore Tongue). For Alliance, I'll start the procedure for an emergency convention as to select the next leader, but I'll be appointing thumb21 on an interim basis, as I can trust him to lead the party as it continues to grow. As for my roles as Senator and National Archivist, I'd like to reiterate that this was extremely unplanned and had I known in advance how demanding my coming weeks would be, I would have given some notice. For those roles, all I ask is that my successors are fit for the job Smiley

As for my House run, well, that's not happening anymore, for obvious reasons, but trust me, I'll be back in the House someday. Tongue

And as for me, well, you'll probably see me poking around Atlas and the Discord (where you can still keep in touch with me) every so often, and I may stay involved in some non-Atlasia stuff here, but not Atlasia as I would get the urge to run for some other office, lol. I'll be back though, if it's not this winter when my first semester is over it'll be next summer, when my second semester is over (and then I may leave again, or I may stay Tongue).

Thank you for this past year which I'll never forget, and God bless Fremont and Atlasia.

- Senator wxtransit
Galaxie

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 01:29:07 AM »

This is a big sad
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 01:31:00 AM »

Sad to see you go Sad

Good luck on your studies!
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 01:31:13 AM »

I wish you lots of luck.

Thanks for your service.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 09:08:01 AM »

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2018, 09:26:14 AM »

Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 02:37:28 PM »

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 02:48:26 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 07:32:27 PM »

Hi guys!

Yep, I'm back. I thought I've been away for long enough and even though I'm busy I might as well become a zombie voter or whatnot again.

Q and A:

Are you back?
Yes.

Will you be running for office?
Not for the forseeable future. I'm very busy with school still.

Will you be running for president?
See above, and why are so many people asking me this question? Tongue

How's it been?
Good.

Are you dying with taking 7 IB classes?
Yes, very much so.

Hi.
Hi to you too.

now I hope I reduced the PM count I'll recieve by at least 20%
Galaxie

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 09:00:56 PM »

Copycat.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »

*Copiecat
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2018, 01:23:18 AM »

Office of
Lincoln Speaker Wxtransit

December 4, 2018

dusts off old desk

Well, it sure is good to be back in office again. I can't wait to see what we'll do in the Assembly in this term (and hopefully the next, too), and I hope we will get things back up and running again. I'm also honored to have been elected Speaker today, and I hope that through this role I can help facilitate activity in the Assembly to the best of my ability. Most times you'll see me on in the later hours of the night, just due to the fact that as a principle I get the stuff I need to get done for the day first and then I log in here, to prevent something like my last stunt from happening. Tongue There may be a few days where I simply can't be online due to academics, but I'll notify you all well in advance if I need to take an LOA.

That's pretty much all for now. I'll keep you all posted here for any news and updates from the Assembly. Good night and God bless Lincoln.

- Lincoln Speaker wxtransit
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2018, 01:27:08 AM »

Deputy Speaker Appointment:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2018, 01:30:15 AM »

Thank you for the appointment. I am truly honoured and feel privileged to serve as deputy speaker.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 10:51:19 PM »

The assembly seems to be in hurry to proceed on final vote on legislation. A bill or constritutional amendment has been adopted in less than 48 hours. That is less than the standard 72 hours of debate.

If I understand the assembly procedures, it can cut the 72 hours of debate time by a motion for a final vote.

I don't see the votes for cloture in the threads. The speaker says 24 hours to object, nobody objects and then it goes to a final vote. If the majority of the assembly needs to vote for cloture, shouldn't assemblypersons actually vote?

Also about the amendment process the procedures on the wiki says:

Has the explanation been done ? I see advocacy but no specific formal explanation. Is it requires so it is posted on the ballot with the amendment like an explanation for federal amendment?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2018, 12:36:09 AM »

The assembly seems to be in hurry to proceed on final vote on legislation. A bill or constritutional amendment has been adopted in less than 48 hours. That is less than the standard 72 hours of debate.

If I understand the assembly procedures, it can cut the 72 hours of debate time by a motion for a final vote.

I don't see the votes for cloture in the threads. The speaker says 24 hours to object, nobody objects and then it goes to a final vote. If the majority of the assembly needs to vote for cloture, shouldn't assemblypersons actually vote?

Also about the amendment process the procedures on the wiki says:

Has the explanation been done ? I see advocacy but no specific formal explanation. Is it requires so it is posted on the ballot with the amendment like an explanation for federal amendment?

You may be right, but to be frankly honest, that version of the SOAP hasn't been updated properly in a very long time, and is missing some key amendments introduced over the years (it even references to the Speaker as the "Northern Speaker", just to establish how outdated the wiki copy is). I have been governing according to the past few Assemblies and general Atlasian parliamentary procedure, as a result. One of the first things I'll be introducing when I get on my break will be an entirely new copy of the SOAP, because of the vast inconsistencies in the rules and procedure.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2018, 10:13:10 PM »

I have been looking and haven't found that many changes to the SOAP. In March the assembly went with fous slots for legislation. Then in May it was replaced with L 11.3.1 with an unlimited number of legislation on the floor. I think it also allows the assembly to vote to get a proposed legilsation on the floor.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=291249.0

For many actions like cloture it calls for a majority vote of the assembly. Right now the assembly has proceeded without holding a vote. (and to think it caused problem when someone asked on Discord if the assembly was ready for a vote)

The role of the Speaker is to try and follow the rules. You have been dismissing procedure on the pretense that all has changed.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2018, 12:15:46 AM »

I have been looking and haven't found that many changes to the SOAP. In March the assembly went with fous slots for legislation. Then in May it was replaced with L 11.3.1 with an unlimited number of legislation on the floor. I think it also allows the assembly to vote to get a proposed legilsation on the floor.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=291249.0

For many actions like cloture it calls for a majority vote of the assembly. Right now the assembly has proceeded without holding a vote. (and to think it caused problem when someone asked on Discord if the assembly was ready for a vote)

The role of the Speaker is to try and follow the rules. You have been dismissing procedure on the pretense that all has changed.

When asked on Discord, I was informed of far more changes than you have listed here.

And either way, your final claim has no standing, as I certainly made an effort to remedy this after you notified me last week. For example, earlier today, I opened a cloture vote on a bill where I had previously had a motion for a final vote. I incorrectly assumed the procedure of the Assembly given my circumstances (where I had tried to follow the rules), and that was my fault. However, there was certainly no malicious intent here, and that was why I noted that I'll be introducing a new version of the SOAP and updating the wiki accordingly to clear this of ambiguity. There's no need to make assumptions.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 08:38:09 PM »

Office of
Lieutenant Governor Wxtransit

December 12, 2018

Today, I received notice that I was appointed Lieutenant Governor of Lincoln by Governor ReaganClinton. I'm honored be appointed to the job, and I'd like to thank RC for the position. In other news, the Lincoln Assembly is staying active as ever, and we've got a few bills almost ready to make it to the Governor's desk. As I'm in a busy patch right now, I won't be able to respond as easily to messages until finals end next week, but I'll still try to stay active in the Assembly.

The general election starts tomorrow night, and I hope I've earned your vote for a full term. However, I must say I am dissapointed at the lack of candidates to run for office, and I encourage those still interested to mount a write-in campaign, despite the odds (which I might add are higher than you may think, just ask me Wink). That's all I have to say for now, so make sure to get out to the polls, have a good weekend, and God bless Lincoln.

- Lt. Gov. wxtransit
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2018, 01:28:44 AM »

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2018, 08:58:59 AM »

Thank you for the appointment.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2019, 12:45:02 PM »

Office of
Lieutenant Governor Wxtransit

February 18, 2019

First, I'd like to extend my congratulations to all of the winners here in Lincoln's regional elections and in the federal election, and that I must say I'm excited for the direction of the Montfortian Party as we move forward into government. While I, personally, will not be involved in Lincoln regional politics any longer, I'm more excited than ever to see the direction this region is taking, especially with reform initatives like the Philadelphia Plan taking hold. There will be a great responsibility for the next Assembly - figuring out Council procedure, the role of the government between the Chancellor, how to elect the Chancellor, and further concerns not explicitly addressed in the revised Constitution - if the Philadelphia Plan passes, and I hope this Assembly will take this responsibility and honor it (if the Plan passes, I'll make a little thread in Regional Government outlining some concerns the new Assembly has to address, just in case they've missed anything Tongue).

I'd like to personally thank Lincoln and my colleagues in the Assembly for these great two terms we've had. I couldn't have done any of this without you. I must say, despite being dull, hard, or frustrating at times, we were able to return the Assembly to a sense of normalcy, with more than 20 bills/appointments having reached the floor (and, for the last two, hopefully passed) in this session, which I consider a great accomplishment not only for myself but for Governor ReaganClinton, Deputy Speaker Peanut, Assemblyman Comrade Funk, Assemblyman Jaydon Brooks, and Deputy Speaker 1184AZ. Now, I hope this can be continued into the next weeks to extend into all of Lincoln with not just the Philadelphia Plan, but also Lincoln citizens rising up to meet the standard of activity required by the plan. And yes, if you haven't noticed by the sheer number of times I've mentioned it already, alongside getting the Assembly back on track, ballot reform, and transportation reform, I consider the Plan one of my biggest accomplishments.

As for my own future, I'm sure most of you have seen that I have been appointed by President weatherboy to succeed Lumine as Secretary of State. I consider this a high honor and would like to thank the President for the appointment - I hope I can live up to half of Lumine's accomplishments in my term if confirmed. Tongue I'll still be remaining around in Lincoln, but for the time being, my office will be in Nyman.

Thank you Lincoln, you've made these past months unforgettable and one of my most favorite times in Atlasia. God bless Lincoln!

- Lt. Gov. wxtransit
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies