AL-Emerson: Moore +9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:01:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AL-Emerson: Moore +9
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AL-Emerson: Moore +9  (Read 7097 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »

Moore 53% (+4)
Jones 44% (nc)

Link is to podcast I haven't listened to:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/3/7/1/37134252f6b57479/Emerson_College_Polling_Weekly_Episode_20.mp3?c_id=18146870&expiration=1513000300&hwt=d8550ae37488d17b3ce0303334e7a44f
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:47:09 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2017, 08:49:02 AM by Brittain33 »

9/21-9/23 Moore +22
11/9-11/11 Moore +10
11/25-11/27 Moore +6
11/30-12/2 Moore +3
12/7-12/9 (presumably) Moore +9
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 08:59:42 AM »

Yup, it's gone.

It was fun while it lasted.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:05:48 AM »

Alabama's new state song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2LQMElLoLs
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 09:06:09 AM »

Yup, it's gone.

It was fun while it lasted.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »

This sucks.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »

Its not so bad, Moore will give democrats plenty of positive coverage over the next 20 or so years until he dies in office.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 09:13:38 AM »

Its not so bad, Moore will give democrats plenty of positive coverage over the next 20 or so years until he dies in office.

I swear Democrats have been saying this as long as I can remember about so many other politicians. Never seems to pan out
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 09:14:09 AM »

I swear Democrats have been saying this as long as I can remember about so many other politicians. Never seems to pan out

Like?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »

Like?

Bush Jr, the whole Tea Party movement and the hundreds of retarded candidates they had, Paul Ryan, Donald Trump, etc...

You could even go back as far as Nixon and his corruption seemed to do very little to slow down a hard right realignment with Reagan
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »

Like?

Bush Jr, the whole Tea Party movement and the hundreds of retarded candidates they had, Paul Ryan, Donald Trump, etc...

You could even go back as far as Nixon and his corruption seemed to do very little to slow down a hard right realignment with Reagan

Bush Jr. led to democrats taking both houses of congress and Trump may very well do the same. As for Paul Ryan, well he was chosen as the republican VP candidate in 2012 for a reason.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »

Real bad news for Jones here is that Moore's lead is now outside the margin of error for the first time in their series (I believe) since the allegations were made public. The race seems to be very clearly moving away from him, and the necessary polling error needed for him to win is getting larger and larger.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 09:24:00 AM »

Like?

Bush Jr. led to democrats taking both houses of congress and Trump may very well do the same. As for Paul Ryan, well he was chosen as the republican VP candidate in 2012 for a reason.

Democrats won in 2006/2008 but as always, Republicans keep managing to bring about yet another Conservative movement from the dead to retake all 3 branches of government and 36 statehouses.

Nixon wins then resigns then Reagan comes along. Bill Clinton wins in 92 then the Republican Revolution with Gingrich in 1994. Bush wins in 2000 then wins re election after lying about Iraq. Obama wins in 2008 and gets destroyed in 2010.

Democrats do not know how to sustain victories
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 09:29:30 AM »

Like?

Democrats won in 2006/2008 but as always, Republicans keep managing to bring about yet another Conservative movement from the dead to retake all 3 branches of government and 36 statehouses.

Nixon wins then resigns then Reagan comes along. Bill Clinton wins in 92 then the Republican Revolution with Gingrich in 1994. Bush wins in 2000 then wins re election after lying about Iraq. Obama wins in 2008 and gets destroyed in 2010.

The same could be said about both parties. Since we're not a parliamentary system and only have two major parties, it makes it difficult to hold onto power for extended periods of time. If we had some minor parties and coalitions like the UK or Germany, then you'd have a point.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 09:30:25 AM »

Um, a Moore victory should be one of the most demoralizing things for a Democrat.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »

Like?

The same could be said about both parties. Since we're not a parliamentary system and only have two major parties, it makes it difficult to hold onto power for extended periods of time. If we had some minor parties and coalitions like the UK or Germany, then you'd have a point.

From the beginning of the New Deal up until Reagan, Democrats always controlled the Narrative and direction of the government. Didn't matter if GOP took control of the House or Senate, they couldn't do much and either way their control of either chamber never lasted all that long.

It just seems to me, everytime Democrats get elected, they start out by playing defense (poorly too I might add) and bungling legislation then ultimately choking and losing. Every. Single. Time
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 09:35:56 AM »

Um, a Moore victory should be one of the most demoralizing things for a Democrat.

In Alabama? A race that should never have been competitive in the first place?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 09:39:18 AM »

Like?

They really need to bogeyman the Deep South.

They also need to shít can the entire Democratic "leadership"
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 09:41:31 AM »

Like?

From the beginning of the New Deal up until Reagan, Democrats always controlled the Narrative and direction of the government. Didn't matter if GOP took control of the House or Senate, they couldn't do much and either way their control of either chamber never lasted all that long.

It just seems to me, everytime Democrats get elected, they start out by playing defense (poorly too I might add) and bungling legislation then ultimately choking and losing. Every. Single. Time

Many of those new deal democrats that led to long lasting democratic majorities wouldn't even be welcomed in the party anymore.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »

Lean R now.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »

Unfortunately, that looks about right. I have no trust - and never had over the course of this race - in AL voters. The state is just not elastic.

If a Democrat were accused of being a pedophile, he'd lose in deep blue MA if the GOP candidate is not a complete disaster. For Martha Coakley, it look much less in both Sen-2010 and Gov-2014.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »

Is Emerson still landline-only?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:48 AM »

In Alabama? A race that should never have been competitive in the first place?

A literal pedophile might be elected to the US Senate, and we're gonna call that a victory?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »

They have added an online component and weigh their results 50/50 landline/online.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies