Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 72
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 126777 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »

Question - will the number of write-ins be reported when the results come in Tuesday? I recall reading that they'll only report write-in numbers if the number is larger than the margin between both candidates, so will we have to wait on that?

We won't know who the write-in votes are for unless they are needed to determine the outcome, but it appears we will know the aggregate number of write-ins, the row is there on the raw AP page: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2017/by_state/AL_Page_1212.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS
I'll kill myself
Welp, pack it up guys. Looks like Moore won by about 5,000 votes.

what if this turns out to be the exact vote total
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »

I can't believe three-quarters of the voting eligible populace just don't care at all. It's sad because it's the voters who are casting their ballot with hate, vengeance, and scorn in their hearts are the ones who care enough to go vote.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2017, 04:36:44 PM »

Question - will the number of write-ins be reported when the results come in Tuesday? I recall reading that they'll only report write-in numbers if the number is larger than the margin between both candidates, so will we have to wait on that?

We won't know who the write-in votes are for unless they are needed to determine the outcome, but it appears we will know the aggregate number of write-ins, the row is there on the raw AP page: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2017/by_state/AL_Page_1212.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS

If Moore really did win by 5,000 votes I would be so disappointed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »

I'm kinda surprised no one has posted this yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=HjLMAoejW-A

Luntz did a focus group consisting entirely of Roy Moore supporters and the results were...let's go with "interesting."  I'm still pretty sure Jones is gonna win, but Jesus F***ing Christ, there are some really sick people out there, to say the least.

There's a lot of scary stuff here and the whole thing is well worth watching, but these stood out to me in particular (each from different voters and for different reasons):

At 2:48: "40 years ago in Alabama, there's a lotta mommas and daddys that'd be thrilled their 14 year-old was gettin' hit on by a district attorney"

At 4:30: "This man [Moore] has more integrity than you can find in the entire Congress right now.  Don't fall for the George Soros assassination plan!" (because what good is a conspiracy theory without anti-Semitism?)

At 6:29 on why African-Americans don't vote Republican: "Well, in my opinion, they be stupid." (I don't know why, but this one also kinda stood out to me for whatever reason, probably the lack of self-awareness)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

I posted it on the first page of this thread. The comment about blacks not voting Republican because they are stupid was rather saddening.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »

I'm kinda surprised no one has posted this yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=HjLMAoejW-A

Luntz did a focus group consisting entirely of Roy Moore supporters and the results were...let's go with "interesting."  I'm still pretty sure Jones is gonna win, but Jesus F***ing Christ, there are some really sick people out there, to say the least.

There's a lot of scary stuff here and the whole thing is well worth watching, but these stood out to me in particular (each from different voters and for different reasons):

At 2:48: "40 years ago in Alabama, there's a lotta mommas and daddys that'd be thrilled their 14 year-old was gettin' hit on by a district attorney"

At 4:30: "This man [Moore] has more integrity than you can find in the entire Congress right now.  Don't fall for the George Soros assassination plan!" (because what good is a conspiracy theory without anti-Semitism?)

At 6:29 on why African-Americans don't vote Republican: "Well, in my opinion, they be stupid." (I don't know why, but this one also kinda stood out to me for whatever reason, probably the lack of self-awareness)

I saw something about that, but couldn't bring myself to watch it.

I'm assuming everyone there was saying stuff that was that horrendous?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2017, 04:51:24 PM »

I posted it on the first page of this thread. The comment about blacks not voting Republican because they are stupid was rather saddening.

Yeah and Obama caused the racial division in Alabama.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »

Usually the answer I hear from Republicans willing to be even more candid is that it's because the "Democrats give them free sh!t." Sometimes with the n-word throw in there.  Which to me sounds amazingly lacking in self-awareness.

To be fair, let's not act all high and mighty here. You hear the same things said about "dumb poor whites voting GOP because they are stupid" on this board and across the political world.

There is zero political empathy anymore. We assume people vote the way they do for the worst of reasons.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  

Can you please quote her lie? Video or text, doesn't matter. Thanks.

I was waiting for one of you to ask that. Thank you. I refer you to the leftist Bible the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/roy-moore-accuser-amends-part-of-her-account-about-inscription/2017/12/08/d7a8acd8-dc43-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.c4b87f7918ac

In that article the author stated

“In her initial statement Nelson said that Moore had written the entire inscription in her yearbook. ‘He wrote in my yearbook as follows,’ “Nelson said ‘To a sweater and more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas 1977.  Love Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House.’ “ “and he signed it ‘Roy Moore D.A.’”

Thus, she admitted she lied about Moore writing the second date and the restaurant name.

Earlier in the article the author noted that Nelson was not among the women the Post had interviewed.  I would say that is called distancing.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »

Horrible that Grumps died and left us with Fuzzy Bear and Arkansas Confederate as our resident olds. We really do need to set age floors and ceilings.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2017, 05:05:45 PM »

Horrible that Grumps died and left us with Fuzzy Bear and Arkansas Confederate as our resident olds. We really do need to set age floors and ceilings.
Crap did he really die? I was wondering where he's been.

I meant metaphorically. He's taken long breaks in the past, so I assume he's probably spending time with family and such.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2017, 05:19:38 PM »

I was waiting for one of you to ask that. Thank you. I refer you to the leftist Bible the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/roy-moore-accuser-amends-part-of-her-account-about-inscription/2017/12/08/d7a8acd8-dc43-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.c4b87f7918ac

“In her initial statement Nelson said that Moore had written the entire inscription in her yearbook. ‘He wrote in my yearbook as follows,’ “Nelson said ‘To a sweater and more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas 1977.  Love Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House.’ “ “and he signed it ‘Roy Moore D.A.’”

Thus, she admitted she lied about Moore writing the second date and the restaurant name.

Earlier in the article the author noted that Nelson was not among the women the Post had interviewed.  I would say that is called distancing.

So her "lie" was saying "Olde Hickory House" as she read out the inscription, including everything that was written and signed by Moore?

And that, to you, invalidates her claim and all of the other claims about Roy Moore's assaulting and pursuing young girls? 
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »

*ahem*
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #238 on: December 10, 2017, 05:38:43 PM »

Most black people vote Democrat because of redistribution programs and the Civil Rights Act, and the belief that the GOP is hostile to them.

They are black Republicans as well, but they are seen as "sellouts" just because they believe in free enterprise, etc., respected military morale, etc.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »

So her "lie" was saying "Olde Hickory House" as she read out the inscription, including everything that was written and signed by Moore?

And that, to you, invalidates her claim and all of the other claims about Roy Moore's assaulting and pursuing young girls? 

Are you not thinking? The author said she said he had written the entire inscription.  He did not put that in quotes.  If you say the lack of quotes indicates that she was not implying the second date was written by him,  you are not thinking or analyzing very well. Why would he have ever written the date twice.

The question then arises to the signature and the D.A.  She obviously embellished  Did she embellish what he did to her?
kyc0705

« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »

Crap did he really die? I was wondering where he's been.

I meant metaphorically. He's taken long breaks in the past, so I assume he's probably spending time with family and such.

Actually, at least 30% of the user base here is dead, and posting online is one of our ghost hobbies. It explains why we don't seem to have souls or a sense of human empathy.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »

Are you not thinking? The author said she said he had written the entire inscription.  He did not put that in quotes.  If you say the lack of quotes indicates that she was not implying the second date was written by him,  you are not thinking or analyzing very well. Why would he have ever written the date twice.

The question then arises to the signature and the D.A.  She obviously embellished  Did she embellish what he did to her?

Again, I missed the quote where she said "he wrote the entire inscription." Can you help me find that? I see the paraphrase.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2017, 06:28:41 PM »

Suspending disbelief like that is probably a lot easier if they have a thread or two to hang it by.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2017, 06:31:10 PM »

Listen folks I do not live in Alabama.  I have not been there since the 90s.  My wife has a cousin who lives there.  I have not spoken to him.

If Jones loses, I believe you can pin the loss on Allred. She is the one who has raised the question of veracity so high. In my gut I believe it is possible she wants Moore to win to put the GOP on the spot.  But mostly I think she thinks she is helping. Poor deluded woman.

Stop spitting venom at me in relation to this race.  
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

Listen folks I do not live in Alabama.  I have not been there since the 90s.  My wife has a cousin who lives there.  I have not spoken to him.

If Jones loses, I believe you can pin the loss on Allred. She is the one who has raised the question of veracity so high. In my gut I believe it is possible she wants Moore to win to put the GOP on the spot.  But mostly I think she thinks she is helping. Poor deluded woman.

"I'm wrong, but don't have the balls to admit it."
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2017, 06:33:43 PM »

youll see
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »

Usually the answer I hear from Republicans willing to be even more candid is that it's because the "Democrats give them free sh!t." Sometimes with the n-word throw in there.  Which to me sounds amazingly lacking in self-awareness.
Which is especially ironic considering nearly every white person I know who receives Government assistance voted for Trump.
Usili
Rookie

« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2017, 06:37:10 PM »

So we had this wonderful thing about Moore that just came out: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/kfile-roy-moore-aroostook-watchmen/index.html

Basically saying to get rid of the amendments after the tenth to 'eliminate many problems', but specifically in that in terms of references of amendments, it was that of both the 14th and the 17th Amendments.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »

Again, I missed the quote where she said "he wrote the entire inscription." Can you help me find that? I see the paraphrase.

Please do not involve yourself in mental gymnastics like that.  It is not becoming. Even the author of the article does not do that.  By distancing from her, he clearly shows he realizes the danger Nelson poses to Jones.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2017, 06:43:17 PM »

So we had this wonderful thing about Moore that just came out: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/kfile-roy-moore-aroostook-watchmen/index.html

Basically saying to get rid of the amendments after the tenth to 'eliminate many problems', but specifically in that in terms of references of amendments, it was that of both the 14th and the 17th Amendments.
Jones needs to run ads with this quote immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies