Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:29:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 72
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 126584 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2017, 01:09:47 AM »

Wait, Moore is denying all seven or eight of his accusers? Even the Powerline blog admits, that he once admitted he knew at least one of the women, they later said he didn't. Even if you deny credibility to Nelson, you have to admit Moore is not credible. Then you have to look at motive. The women have very little reason to make themselves highly polarizing figures by accusing Moore, unless they are telling the truth. Moore meanwhile has every motive to deny.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2017, 01:12:04 AM »

Let's just all agree on the term "kiddy diddler" ok? Also Ted Kennedy.

Ok with me.  But a huge number of people do not know what it means.  They might not google it.

Why don’t you just say what you claim he did.  You should also say he did it 40 years ago.

If someone killed someone 40 years ago, they're still a murderer.

Everyone but Ted Kennedy.

Oh! I forgot you are to young to be held responsible for him.  Bull! I holding you responsible.  

Oh it was not premedated.  Well it was cowardly and someone died.

I think a lot of Alabamans are feeling like me

An additionally I will not support someone who will use his first votes to shut down the government, if directed by his masters.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2017, 01:22:45 AM »

How is trash talking voters who support an alleged pedophile elitist and derogatory?

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I bet some Jones supporters are using this language in Alabama.  I bet it is boomeranging. That may be why the polls are going the way they are.

I said alleged pedophile, which he is. He has been alleged to be a pedophile. No one can prove he is or isn't right now, that's what alleged means. Even voting for an alleged pedophile is awful and should be treated as such, in my opinion.

He still cannot be an alleged pedophile. By definition they deal with children through 13.

If they use the language, I bet it backfires a lot in Alabama.

I'm genuinely uncomfortable, and a little upset, by the way you're behaving in this thread and the previous one about this election. Roy Moore is accused of robbing children of their innocence, childhood, and so much more. It doesn't matter if they were 13 or 14 (as Leigh Corfman says she was in her allegation). They were underage and he was allegedly  in a position of power and influence. That's what matters. I don't argue on the internet, but I will say that I hope you treat this and similar issues with more respect and maturity in real life than you do here instead of defending people who are accused of this, and defending people who would vote for someone accused of this

I refer to Powerline blog for much better statement of my concerns with the only two victims who statements actually allege abuse:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/beverly-nelsons-credibility-takes-another-hit.php

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  What else is she lying about. Saying that, she may be telling the truth.  But she may not be.

Corfman alleged that her emotional problems began with Moore’s molestation.  However court records indicate she was in court for those emotional problems, when she met Moore.  The court records indicate her emotional state  got better after the alleged molestation.  I like the writer of the article do not know whether to believe her.

I also know that 38 years have passed without further allegations.  I do not believe that mercy is not available for him.  I would choose to send him to the Senate, as he would support more of the policies I support than Jones.  I would let the Senate ethics Committee deal with whether he should remain in the Senate and the validity of the claims.  

Please get off your self righteous horse.  Quit denigrating the morality of people who do not agree with you.

By the way I do not think the mere allegations against Franken are of a nature to drive him out of the Senate without a hearing.  I am not interested in engaging in a witch hunt for political heads.

Dude....Roy Moore bangs preteens

I am not saying actually abusing a 14 is nit illegal or very wrong.  But 14 is not preteen.  14 is not the age as defined for pedophelia.  You are entitled to your own opinion not your own definitions.

I am just letting the Senate be the final determiner.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2017, 01:23:46 AM »

Let's just all agree on the term "kiddy diddler" ok? Also Ted Kennedy.

Ok with me.  But a huge number of people do not know what it means.  They might not google it.

Why don’t you just say what you claim he did.  You should also say he did it 40 years ago.

If someone killed someone 40 years ago, they're still a murderer.

Everyone but Ted Kennedy.

Oh! I forgot you are to young to be held responsible for him.  Bull! I holding you responsible.  

Oh it was not premedated.  Well it was cowardly and someone died.

I think a lot of Alabamans are feeling like me

An additionally I will not support someone who will use his first votes to shut down the government, if directed by his masters.
Ted Kennedy is dead. Ted Kennedy is not running for anything. Nobody is defending him. You defending your support for a pedophile that is currently, presently running for a seat in the US Senate because "muh Ted Kennedy" gets old.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2017, 02:07:58 AM »

lmao, is the guy that can't go ten posts without screeching about Ted Kennedy and Chappaquiddick seriously using "it was forty years ago" as an excuse for Roy Moore?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2017, 02:48:56 AM »

You guys realize the whole goal of this exercise is to keep you on defense as long as possible?

There's really no point in arguing with a rambler
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2017, 03:41:40 AM »

Unless I have someone on ignore, I did not see one mention that Roy Moore announced that he's gonna sue the pants off these liars!!!!! If that doesn't confirm how absurd this is, nothing will!

I am officially announcing this afternoon I filed lawsuits against each of my false accusers for libel and or slander. And I will not settle, see you in court. #RoyMoore #Alabama #Senate #Election #RoyMooreSenate #MAGA #FakeNews

He did threaten to use his DA powers against them if they ever spoke up, so that's not surprising at all.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2017, 04:41:04 AM »

Everyone but Ted Kennedy. Oh! I forgot you are to young to be held responsible for him. Bull! I holding you responsible.

Seeing as the last time Kennedy pursued federal office was 1980, I think it's fair to assume Cal and the others on this forum played no part in his failed election bid. In fact, about 35% of the current national electorate wasn't even born when he ran and 2/3 of the electorate were younger than 18[1]. Add to that that less than 6% of people eligible to vote in 1960 voted for him and you would be lucky to find a single person on Atlas that voted Kennedy for president[2][3].
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2017, 05:01:27 AM »

Everyone but Ted Kennedy. Oh! I forgot you are to young to be held responsible for him. Bull! I holding you responsible.

Seeing as the last time Kennedy pursued federal office was 1980, I think it's fair to assume Cal and the others on this forum played no part in his failed election bid. In fact, about 35% of the current national electorate wasn't even born when he ran and 2/3 of the electorate were younger than 18[1]. Add to that that less than 6% of people eligible to vote in 1960 voted for him and you would be lucky to find a single person on Atlas that voted Kennedy for president[2][3].

Also I love how Arkansas Yankee apparently thinks the Senate would have expelled Ted Kennedy if a bunch of elementary school/middle school kids (fits most of us when he was last alive in 2009) screamed loud enough.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2017, 05:54:51 AM »

Alabama is a cesspool of racism and incest.

It’ll vote Roy Moore

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2017, 05:58:10 AM »

Alabama would probably vote for someone's dog or cat, or perhaps even a ham sandwich, as long as it was listed with an (R) on the ballot.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »

We've hit rock bottom people
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2017, 08:57:03 AM »

Anyone consider that this could go the way of MO in 2012? Polling overall really underestimated McCaskill's margin and underestimated the backlash against Akin.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2017, 09:03:30 AM »

How about we wait for the election before sh!tting all over the basic decency of Alabamans?
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2017, 09:12:36 AM »

How about we wait for the election before sh!tting all over the basic decency of Alabamans?
That's fair. I'm just preparing myself for/accepting what is likely to happen. I cope with it by insulting Alabama and its people.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  

Can you please quote her lie? Video or text, doesn't matter. Thanks.

International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »

Anyone consider that this could go the way of MO in 2012? Polling overall really underestimated McCaskill's margin and underestimated the backlash against Akin.

I think it's possible pollsters are herding towards Moore bc no one wants to be the dumbass who predicted a Dem would win in Alabama if Moore does pull it out (plus the fact that this race seems to have nothing but crap/questionable pollsters). But we shall find out Tuesday.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2017, 10:00:07 AM »

From the Atlanta mayoral election to the Virginia gubernatorial election and many others across the nation this year, Democratic enthusiasm has been seriously underestimated. I'm not saying I expect Doug Jones to win, but it's still possible folks.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »

From the Atlanta mayoral election to the Virginia gubernatorial election and many others across the nation this year, Democratic enthusiasm has been seriously underestimated. I'm not saying I expect Doug Jones to win, but it's still possible folks.

From all that I’ve seen, whether it’s poll data, focus groups or individual anecdotes, this has all the markings of another Handel-Ossoff. It’s already a tough area, and the race has become nationalised. Higher postal turnout in all areas suggests both sides are getting fired up, which effectively results in stasis. I’m preparing to wake up disappointed on Wednesday morning.

(Note that I called Virginia completely wrong, but I’ve got to have a stopped clock moment at some point.)
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2017, 10:18:20 AM »

From all that I’ve seen, whether it’s poll data, focus groups or individual anecdotes, this has all the markings of another Handel-Ossoff. It’s already a tough area, and the race has become nationalised. Higher postal turnout in all areas suggests both sides are getting fired up, which effectively results in stasis. I’m preparing to wake up disappointed on Wednesday morning.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »

New Shelby comments:

Manu Raju @mkraju
Alabama's senior GOP senator, Richard Shelby, unloading on Roy Moore in intvw w @jaketapper: "When it came to the 14-year-old story, that was too much for me...I couldn't vote for Roy Moore...The state of Alabama deserves better...I think the Republican Party can do better."
9:08 AM · Dec 10, 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/mkraju/status/939859384838041600
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »

New Shelby comments:

Manu Raju @mkraju
Alabama's senior GOP senator, Richard Shelby, unloading on Roy Moore in intvw w @jaketapper: "When it came to the 14-year-old story, that was too much for me...I couldn't vote for Roy Moore...The state of Alabama deserves better...I think the Republican Party can do better."

Cheesy

Good for Shelby
SamTilden2020

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:47 AM »

If I were an Alabama republican, I would write-in Strange. No vote for the (likely) pedo, and no vote for a Democrat. Problem solved.

I'll give you Virginia. However, the Atlanta Mayor's race was won by about 700 votes in both 2009, and 2017 (little change there).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2017, 10:49:33 AM »

New Shelby comments:

Manu Raju @mkraju

Cheesy

Good for Shelby

IIRC, Shelby and Flake (who donated $100 to Jones’ campaign) are the only two who have really been consistently vocal about denouncing Moore and encouraging Alabamans not to vote for him.  Maybe McCain too, don’t remember.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2017, 11:15:24 AM »

It's nice to see Shelby sticking with what he believes in. I imagine that he's been under a lot of pressure to switch back to Moore, but he hasn't done it. It's too bad that he can't just endorse Jones, but at least he won't support Moore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies