Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:11:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 72
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 126646 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 12:10:14 AM »

There is a huge difference between both parties. I doubt if a Democrat could get away with what Moore is accused of in any state, even in Vermont.

The evangelical church believes it is under full scale attack by the left.  They are feeling minority status.  They are voting like minorities generally do.

I go to weekly Bible study where I am probably the most liberal person in the group.

When I came to this area in 1977 I was about the only Republican around.

lmao do they really feel as if they are under attack? That is honestly so, so, so sad.

As a white catholic male who went to a high school with only 12% white people and most non religious, I have never felt persecuted for who I am in my entire life.

(I'm not trying to insult you by the way. I appreciate your posts & perspective even though we have very different worldviews.)

Also lol, even if they do feel under attack, how is that an excuse for tolerating pedophilia?

Because they believe him that he did not commit the offenses or they believe that he can be foregiven after 40 years without any similar charges. Contrary to what you allege, they are not evil people. T

Again he is not a pedofile, if he committed the offenses. The alleged victims were older than 13.  A true pedofile does not just stop. It is the compulsion that makes a true pedophile.

Y’all tell me to stop bringing up a 50 year old offense by Kennedy, but you want to hang Moore for 40 year old alleged offenses.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 12:17:59 AM »

Just saying 'what about Ted Kennedy' or 'what about Bill Clinton' is NOT a justification to vote for Roy Moore. If the Democrats are such sleazebags, surely Republicans should seize the moral highground and be better than them by not voting for Roy Moore. The only way you will get better politics is of people finally take a stand and refuse to endorse this kind of behavior. Allowing and supporting Moore because 'what about(insert boogeyman Democrat here)' won't improve anything and will lead to America having worse Democratic and Republican officeholders in the long-run. The choice is clear, between tolerating and not tolerating Moore's behavior, and people need to stand up and not tolerate it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 12:24:17 AM »

Will Fox News release a final poll in the next few days? Their polls are more Jones-friendly.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 12:29:36 AM »

There is a huge difference between both parties. I doubt if a Democrat could get away with what Moore is accused of in any state, even in Vermont.

The evangelical church believes it is under full scale attack by the left.  They are feeling minority status.  They are voting like minorities generally do.

I go to weekly Bible study where I am probably the most liberal person in the group.

lmao do they really feel as if they are under attack? That is honestly so, so, so sad.

As a white catholic male who went to a high school with only 12% white people and most non religious, I have never felt persecuted for who I am in my entire life.

(I'm not trying to insult you by the way. I appreciate your posts & perspective even though we have very different worldviews.)

Also lol, even if they do feel under attack, how is that an excuse for tolerating pedophilia?

Because they believe him that he did not commit the offenses or they believe that he can be foregiven after 40 years without any similar charges. Contrary to what you allege, they are not evil people. T

Again he is not a pedofile, if he committed the offenses. The alleged victims were older than 13.  A true pedofile does not just stop. It is the compulsion that makes a true pedophile.

Y’all tell me to stop bringing up a 50 year old offense by Kennedy, but you want to hang Moore for 40 year old alleged offenses.

Kennedy is not running for anything.

Moore is running for Senate.

Kennedy and Clinton were before my time anyway. (As in, before I paid attention to politics).
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 12:42:17 AM »

Just saying 'what about Ted Kennedy' or 'what about Bill Clinton' is NOT a justification to vote for Roy Moore. If the Democrats are such sleazebags, surely Republicans should seize the moral highground and be better than them  by not voting for Roy Moore. The only way you will get better politics is of people finally take a stand and refuse to endorse this kind of behavior. Allowing and supporting Moore because 'what about(insert boogeyman Democrat here)' won't improve anything and will lead to America having worse Democratic and Republican officeholders in the long-run. The choice is clear, between tolerating and not tolerating Moore's behavior, and people need to stand up and not tolerate it.

As I have said Moore’s supporters do not believe the alleged victims or they foregiven him for 40 year old offenses.  I tell them their may be a problem with his possible lying.

You should have run a “Blue Dog” if you wanted to attract more of Moore’s supporters.  You are forcing them to accept a far left winger with whom they do not agree.

I use the whatabout to get y’all off your self righteous stand of moral superiority For your Party.  I also want you to understand that the voters of Massachusetts have no higher moral standards than the voters of Alabama.  

That’s all for tonight  I want watch some Tv that my wife has no interest in watching.  Go to bed realizing we are all sinners.
Prussian1871

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 12:54:37 AM »

You are forcing them to accept a far left winger with whom they do not agree.

Lmao.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2017, 01:00:14 AM »

Again he is not a pedofile, if he committed the offenses. The alleged victims were older than 13.  A true pedofile does not just stop. It is the compulsion that makes a true pedophile.

Kennedy and Clinton were before my time anyway. (As in, before I paid attention to politics).

See my post at 12:42 am

You still have 2 Clintons to deal with .  They are not going away quietly.

Your Conyers problem is not solved.  Having grown up on the east side of Detroit, I believe there is very strong chance a Conyers, who is a sexual predator is going to be replaced by one, who maybe a girlfriend  beater and stabber.

Franken has not actually resigned.  His victims are in a rage.

Then there are corrupt Democrat and GOP machines around the country. the country.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2017, 01:10:11 AM »

I see you are a Joe Biden supporter.  Are we going to discuss the allegations of all his touching of women and swiming in the nude in the front of female Secret Service agents.

COME OFF THE MORAL PEDESTAL.  Oppose Moore on these grounds, even point out that GOP VOTERS are not properly dealing with a sexual predator, but stop attacking them as evil and immoral.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2017, 01:13:29 AM »

Arkansas Yankee, I say this with kindness: you need to relax.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2017, 01:18:16 AM »

Again, Democrats being flawed isn't a justification for Moore. If you're really opposed to sexual misconduct, take the moral high ground and just DON'T SUPPORT MOORE.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2017, 02:40:24 AM »

Again he is not a pedofile, if he committed the offenses. The alleged victims were older than 13.  A true pedofile does not just stop. It is the compulsion that makes a true pedophile.

The Kennedys are all dead now. And they would not be nominated by the 21st century Democratic Party.

Roy Moore is very much alive and is running for the US Senate.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2017, 07:11:49 AM »

[quote author=Indy Texas link=topic=279249.msg5949851#msg5949851

The Kennedys are all dead now. And they would not be nominated by the 21st century Democratic Party.

Roy Moore is very much alive and is running for the US Senate.
[/quote]

LOL

The only states in New England that would not elect Ted Kennedy Senator today are probably New Hampshire and maybe Maine. New York would elect him. New Jersey, Maryland,and California would probably elect him.

I truly think that Alabama is the only state that could really elect Moore.  We shall see. Arkansas and Tennessee might, but I doubt it in the end.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2017, 07:25:59 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2017, 07:28:13 AM by gottsu »

Tossup with Republican lean.

Please everyone note that after GOP and Trump started more or less formally to support Moore, his numbers in various polls have gone better. I remember time when Jones had 0,2% lead on RealClearPolitics aggregated poll, now it shows 2-3% Moore lead.

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2017, 08:05:59 AM »

Charles Franklin, the Marquette Law pollster, has an interesting thread on the SurveyMonkey results: https://twitter.com/PollsAndVotes/status/939351655715430401.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2017, 10:44:16 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »

Interesting. I wonder how Jefferson looks. I think Virginia spoiled us when we were able to see the absentee numbers in every county.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

Stupid sh**t like that picture is annoying because it propagates the lie that Trump has no support even in his best areas, which might cause some people to just sit on their ass and do nothing.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »

Ehh, 25% is an extremely conservative turnout projection based on these absentee requests.

Turnout was ca. 18% for the GOP/DEM primary and for the Presidential election it was 64%.

If absentee requests are up by a lot and AL resembles other special elections, then turnout will be around 35-40% on Tuesday.

Even the 2014 Senate election in which the R candidate was unopposed, had 800.000 voters and 25% turnout.

My estimate is 1.2-1.4 million votes cast on Tuesday.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »

Lyman says this.

Dothan up is good for Moore but I'm feeling like Etowah won't come out in big numbers for him.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2017, 11:50:48 AM »

In a state where Republicans massively outnumber Democrats, increased turnout in all areas is good news for the GOP. Unless all those Republicans have switched sides.

I called this for Moore ages ago, and I’ve seen nothing to make me change my mind. There’s no fairytale ending here; people really are that disgusting. The good news is they’re (probably) in a minority nationally.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2017, 12:01:56 PM »

You know what's not fake news: Roy Moore banging 14 year olds
kyc0705

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »

Who stands to benefit from this? Or can't we tell?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »

Get your Hillary tree topper to replace your angel topper.:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24386/merry-resist-mas-you-can-now-get-hillary-clinton-emily-zanotti?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=092117-news&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

You ain't rid of them yet!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2017, 12:26:21 PM »

Madison County includes Huntsville, and Tuscaloosa is home to the University of Alabama.  In theory, these should be good areas for Jones.  Another post upthread also mentions high absentee requests in Montgomery and Jefferson (Birmingham) which are also areas Jones needs.  It also mentioned upticks in Houston (Dothan) and Etowah (Gadsden), which should be strong Moore areas.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »

Madison County includes Huntsville, and Tuscaloosa is home to the University of Alabama.  In theory, these should be good areas for Jones.  Another post upthread also mentions high absentee requests in Montgomery and Jefferson (Birmingham) which are also areas Jones needs.  It also mentioned upticks in Houston (Dothan) and Etowah (Gadsden), which should be strong Moore areas.

A little more on this:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies