What could even cause a 6-year long sore throat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What could even cause a 6-year long sore throat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What could even cause a 6-year long sore throat?  (Read 253 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:44:18 AM »

I'm 21 now, and since I was 15 (fall of 2011) I've had a sore throat every single morning and it continues throughout the day for the most part. I'll wake up in the morning, every season, every type of weather, and feel a very sore and uncomfortable film (the best way I can describe it, it's more than just film tho) on the back of my throat. It varies in intensity from mild and a very small annoyance to some mornings being so disgusting it causes me to vomit. I have to drink some sort of liquid as soon as I wake up or else it doesn't go away, but even when I do it continues at a lower level throughout the day.

It got so bad this spring that I went to the doctor, who basically said it was probably allegies (although they insisted on testing me for asthma and lung diseases) because last winter there was such a warm and mild winter, apparently all the allergens never died like they normally do in the winter. The thing is though, I take medicine for allergies and have since I was 8 or so. I also brush my teeth, and the dentist never says there is anything wrong with my oral hygenie, so I'm not thinking it's that. Pets don't seem to influence it either, it still happens even when I don't have any animals in the house. I remember that the first time it happened (November 2011) I woke up at 3 AM feeling like hell and wondering if I wasn't brushing my teeth or not, but it didn't do anything and this has never really stopped, in fact it gets worse every year it seems like.

Should I consider allergy shots just to see if it helps? It's getting to where I avoid going to sleep just so that I don't get this feeling.

Anyone else gone through this?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:57:47 AM »

Allergies, snoring (which could possibly be sleep apnea).
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »

Its post-nasal drip. Could be caused by allergies. Could also be caused by something wrong in your sinuses like a deviated septum. Have you ever gotten checked for that?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies