Alex Jones 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:38:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Alex Jones 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alex Jones 2020  (Read 833 times)
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:08:57 PM »

What would happen if Alex Jones (of Infowars) ran in the Democratic primaries?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:12:19 PM »

Lots of votes for him in open primary states where anyone including Paulite trash can vote, but nothing else.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:51:46 PM »

I doubt a guy who claimed that Hillary and Obama are both literal Demons and said Bernie supporters should have their jaws broken would do particularly well in a Democratic primary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:54:30 PM »

I doubt a guy who claimed that Hillary and Obama are both literal Demons and said Bernie supporters should have their jaws broken would do particularly well in a Democratic primary.

He'd probably win West Virginia and put up decent showings in Arkansas, Kentucky, and Oklahoma.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »

And before anyone says that post is trolling, remember an unknown prison inmate got 41% against the popular incumbent Democratic president.

Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 07:25:03 PM »

The thing is, the Democratic primary isn't going to sealed off to everyone but card-carrying Democrats. Not everyone can vote, but people can get involved. They can campaign. Contribute. Respond to polls. There will be mischief and meddling, I guarantee it. Especially if the Republican primary is uncontested. The alt right types are going to have so much fun with the Democrats. Building up a bad-but-sincere candidate, or by supporting 'one of their own'. If Alex Jones runs, it'll be him, he'll have support. Probably enough to put him on a debate stage. Whether the Democrats would let him actually compete, that's another question.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »

He'd probably win West Virginia and put up decent showings in Arkansas, Kentucky, and Oklahoma.

I've always found it hilarious that around 15-20% of self-identified Democrats in KY and OK will not vote Democratic even in local races where the candidate is pro-gun, pro-life, anti-gay, ect. I understand millions of southern conservatives are still registered as Democrats, but why identify as one if you would never consider voting for the party in any circumstance whatsoever?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:59 PM »

I've always found it hilarious that around 15-20% of self-identified Democrats in KY and OK will not vote Democratic even in local races where the candidate is pro-gun, pro-life, anti-gay, ect. I understand millions of southern conservatives are still registered as Democrats, but why identify as one if you would never consider voting for the party in any circumstance whatsoever?

Because they're too lazy and/or stupid to switch parties. Luckily, progress is being made there. As the lovely RINO Tom has recently informed me, Oklahoma now FINALLY has more Republicans than Democrats. Smiley Hopefully soon they'll all go the way of Kim Davis.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »

Because they're too lazy and/or stupid to switch parties. Luckily, progress is being made there. As the lovely RINO Tom has recently informed me, Oklahoma now FINALLY has more Republicans than Democrats. Smiley Hopefully soon they'll all go the way of Kim Davis.

This is actually true. They're Reagan Democrats who briefly came back to support Clinton in the 90s and a few Dem Governors, but then went straight Republican once Obama was elected. They're old as Hell and mean, too lol I worked on a couple of Dem campaigns here in the state during the Obama years and when calling registered Dems, we'd often call these old people who voted Republican but were too lazy and stubborn to change their registration and they'd curse us out and complain about a Muslim in the White House.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 08:00:13 PM »

If he replays his interviews with Russell Means perhaps he could add South Dakota.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 08:03:47 PM »

He'll never be President.  He might be a minor party nominee.  But he could well be a perennial candidate who has a fund-raising cottage industry going. 

He'd get 10% as a third party candidate under the right circumstances.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 08:05:44 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2017, 08:09:23 PM by IceSpear »

This is actually true. They're Reagan Democrats who briefly came back to support Clinton in the 90s and a few Dem Governors, but then went straight Republican once Obama was elected. They're old as Hell and mean, too lol I worked on a couple of Dem campaigns here in the state during the Obama years and when calling registered Dems, we'd often call these old people who voted Republican but were too lazy and stubborn to change their registration and they'd curse us out and complain about a Muslim in the White House.

You're a brave soul for telling the truth. A lot of posters here INSIST Dixiecrats aren't racist and bash me for saying they are and the fact that I want them to leave the party, lol. Apparently wanting flagrant bigots who vote Republican 99.9% of the time to leave the Democratic Party makes you an "elitist" or a "classist." Roll Eyes
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »

You're a brave soul for telling the truth. A lot of posters here INSIST Dixiecrats aren't racist and bash me for saying they are and the fact that I want them to leave the party, lol. Apparently wanting flagrant bigots who vote Republican 99.9% of the time to leave the Democratic Party makes you an "elitist" or a "classist." Roll Eyes

We sometimes support Democrats for County Clerk or Coroner.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 08:19:05 PM »

We sometimes support Democrats for County Clerk or Coroner.

lol

That's the 0.1%. Tongue
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »

I forgot sheriff, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGjM_MS-kpM

This sheriff who endorsed Paul Nehlen is a Democrat, and obviously so is David Clarke.
History505
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »

Big LOL at this thread.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 08:50:31 PM »

My track record on Presidential voting:

1976 - Carter/Mondale (D)
1980 - Abstain for Presidenstraight Democratic for all other offices)
1984 - Mondale/Ferraro (D)
1988 - Dukakis/Bentsen (D)
1992 - Clinton/Gore (D)
1996 - Clinton/Gore (D)
2000 - Bush/Cheney (R)
2004 - Kerry/Edwards (D)
2008 - McCain/Palin (R)
2012 - Obama/Biden (D)
2016 - Trump/Pence (R)

Do you want me back in your party?  I'm a registered Republican because of the one-party nature of my town, party registration requirements, and my desire to vote for local offices (which are partisan).  Just like in rural Democratic counties to this day in places like Kentucky. 

I support single payer healthcare.  I support a scaling back of our needless foreign wars.  I oppose the tax cutting that the GOP is pushing now.  I am pro-life and anti-SSM (although I reluctantly acknowledge SSM as a fait accompli), but I am anti-death penalty.

Want me back?

Want me to run as a Democrat for Congress in a district that might elect me, but not a "progressive".

Think about it the next time you want to run Democrats out of your party.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »

1992 - Clinton/Gore (D)
1996 - Clinton/Gore (D)
2000 - Bush/Cheney (R)
2004 - Kerry/Edwards (D)
2008 - McCain/Palin (R)
2012 - Obama/Biden (D)
2016 - Trump/Pence (R)

Do you want me back in your party?  I'm a registered Republican because of the one-party nature of my town, party registration requirements, and my desire to vote for local offices (which are partisan).  Just like in rural Democratic counties to this day in places like Kentucky. 

I support single payer healthcare.  I support a scaling back of our needless foreign wars.  I oppose the tax cutting that the GOP is pushing now.  I am pro-life and anti-SSM (although I reluctantly acknowledge SSM as a fait accompli), but I am anti-death penalty.

Want me back?

Want me to run as a Democrat for Congress in a district that might elect me, but not a "progressive".

I want "Democrats" that voted Bush/Bush/McCain/Romney/Trump gone. I don't see how that is controversial. Obviously it doesn't match you
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 05:19:43 AM »

1992 - Clinton/Gore (D)
1996 - Clinton/Gore (D)
2000 - Bush/Cheney (R)
2004 - Kerry/Edwards (D)
2008 - McCain/Palin (R)
2012 - Obama/Biden (D)
2016 - Trump/Pence (R)

Want me back?

I am very curious about voting for Bush/Cheney & McCain/Palin? What was the reason for that? You voted for Kerry in 2004, so you think Bush wasn't that great?

You were supporting Mondale against Reagan & then to McCain & Bush who have very hawkish policy stances.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 05:20:48 AM »

1992 - Clinton/Gore (D)
1996 - Clinton/Gore (D)
2000 - Bush/Cheney (R)
2004 - Kerry/Edwards (D)
2008 - McCain/Palin (R)
2012 - Obama/Biden (D)
2016 - Trump/Pence (R)

Want me back?

I want "Democrats" that voted Bush/Bush/McCain/Romney/Trump gone. I don't see how that is controversial. Obviously it doesn't match you

Ralph Northam voted for Bush in 2000 & 2004. He supported Bush even after the Patriot Act, Iraq War, terrible tax cuts & so on.

Do you think Northam should be kicked out of the Dem Party? Do you think it is a disgrace that Northam is now the Governor?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »

1992 - Clinton/Gore (D)
1996 - Clinton/Gore (D)
2000 - Bush/Cheney (R)
2004 - Kerry/Edwards (D)
2008 - McCain/Palin (R)
2012 - Obama/Biden (D)
2016 - Trump/Pence (R)

Want me back?

At this point, I believe, especially as millennials are becoming more and more important, running pro-life, anti-gay candidates will just not be worth it for Democrats. Sure, maybe it will in states like WV and Kentucky, but in the majority of states and in national elections especially, anti-gay or even anti-choice positions would cause a revolt among socially liberal youths (such as myself) and it will certainly not be offset by conservadems returning to the fold.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 12:27:03 PM »

He'd get .5% of the vote, if he's lucky. now if he ran as a Republican, I could seriously see him getting 15%+
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 01:39:31 PM »

1992 - Clinton/Gore (D)
1996 - Clinton/Gore (D)
2000 - Bush/Cheney (R)
2004 - Kerry/Edwards (D)
2008 - McCain/Palin (R)
2012 - Obama/Biden (D)
2016 - Trump/Pence (R)

Want me back?

Ralph Northam voted for Bush in 2000 & 2004. He supported Bush even after the Patriot Act, Iraq War, terrible tax cuts & so on.

Do you think Northam should be kicked out of the Dem Party? Do you think it is a disgrace that Northam is now the Governor?

He voted for Obama twice and Hillary. Obviously he's not my favorite Democrat, but I'm going to put more weight on his recent decisions than his past ones.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies