Would Republicans in Alabama abandon Roy Moore if the teens were boys?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would Republicans in Alabama abandon Roy Moore if the teens were boys?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Would Republicans in Alabama abandon Roy Moore if the teens were boys?  (Read 961 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »

I think that it would be too much even for the Alabama deplorables. Mixing pedophilia and homosexuality is just too much I would guess.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »

Yes.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 05:01:12 PM »

Absolutely not. They'd say it was fake news, and when confronted by Democrats/liberals they'd respond "But I thought you guys were tolerant of homosexuality? So now you guys are homophobes? Checkmate libs!"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 05:03:01 PM »

And before you vote yes, remember that 99% of this forum would've answered "Yes" if a thread from a month ago asked if Republicans would abandon Roy Moore if he was an exposed pedophile and serial sexual predator.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 05:03:58 PM »

But Catullus
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 05:13:02 PM »

Yes...
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 05:17:52 PM »

Absolutely not. They'd say it was fake news, and when confronted by Democrats/liberals they'd respond "But I thought you guys were tolerant of homosexuality? So now you guys are homophobes? Checkmate libs!"

Remember all the but Mary was a teenage mother to Jesus crap from the religious right? These are the same group of idiots who think ' it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve'. Doug Jones or a outside group could run some really nasty TV ads saying God said Adam and Eve, not Roy Moore and a 14 year old boy. Or not Roy Moore and whatever the boys names were.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 05:43:31 PM »

Even you, Santander? As a deplorable I thought you'd know better...

The deplorables supported Paul Babeu even after he had a gay affair with an illegal immigrant!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »

That would be even faker news, contrary to his entire message.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 08:13:50 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2017, 08:19:02 PM by Generalissimo Mondale »

Only if the boys were black
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »

No
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 08:59:09 PM »

Remember all the but Mary was a teenage mother to Jesus crap from the religious right? These are the same group of idiots who think ' it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve'. Doug Jones or a outside group could run some really nasty TV ads saying God said Adam and Eve, not Roy Moore and a 14 year old boy. Or not Roy Moore and whatever the boys names were.

If we found out that Roy Moore dismembered a baby, the fundies would be like, "BUT KING SOLOMON!"
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »

Nope
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 10:41:50 PM »

Lmao
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 01:58:51 AM »

You're missing the significance of this defense, which is not that Alabama Republicans are okay with adult men creeping on teenage girls because "muh Biblical precedent," but that Moore's supporters are willing to back him up through anything, no matter the mental gymnastic necessary to do so. In any case, the "mainstream" defense is that the accusations are forged — I don't see how the gender of the accusers changes that (unless you're arguing that male witnesses are more credible in some people's eyes than female witnesses, in which case, maybe?).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 10:12:51 AM »

I can hear that rattling in my head with a cacklely southern drawl and the grossest neck beard you have ever seen.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 01:05:01 PM »

I think that it would be too much even for the Alabama deplorables. Mixing pedophilia and homosexuality is just too much I would guess.

Most conservatives don't see a difference. Look at the legislation they pass in places like Russia where they are able.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 09:52:38 AM »

First instinct said yes, but I think really no. When in history has Alabama ever done the right thing? It is and has been the most racist, reactionary, bigoted, conservative state in the nation. I refuse to put my trust in people like that. I'm hesitant to say anything further.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »

Yes, no doubt.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 10:14:10 AM »

Doubtful, he still has that (R) next to his name.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 05:36:27 PM »

First instinct said yes, but I think really no. When in history has Alabama ever done the right thing? It is and has been the most racist, reactionary, bigoted, conservative state in the nation. I refuse to put my trust in people like that. I'm hesitant to say anything further.

Well said, if the North had not dragged Alabama kicking and screaming into modernity, slavery would have held on until the 1930's, and segregation would still exist. Roy Moore would be railing against blacks and gays.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »

Go on. Smiley
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »

No. They'd just say it was "fake news" no matter how high the number of accusers were or do mental gymnastics to come up with justifications. Most of "the base" are braindead partisans who'll vote for the "R" under any circumstances. If Neo-nazis wanted to start running as Republicans, they'd get
close to normal R results wherever they live if they could get out of the primary.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 04:19:24 AM »

Go on. Smiley

I'm going to withhold most of what I'm thinking right now until after the results are known Tuesday night. If a miracle strikes and Alabama does not elect a sexual predator to the United States Senate, I will withhold. Otherwise, I'll be more than happy to post my full thoughts. And if you saw my words last year, they're so much worse now (as bad as Trump is, I cannot think of a worse abomination than Roy Moore).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies