Jose zarate found not guilty of killing Kate Steinle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:42:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jose zarate found not guilty of killing Kate Steinle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Jose zarate found not guilty of killing Kate Steinle  (Read 6958 times)
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2017, 09:46:53 PM »

I thought we would have learned by now to stop arguing with Greedo and marty and all the RINOs on Atlas. They wouldn't know a fact through their deep-seeded cases of denial if it slapped them in the in face.

You clearly haven't spent much time in the Alabama special election thread.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »

The reason jurors did this is to be a big F YOU Donald Trump.

No did this this because they followed the law in California.

I mean, it is a little bit weird to see no involuntary manslaughter conviction...
Exactly it’s because there San Francisco is standing up to hatred they said it them selves. Even trump is not racist in anyway.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2017, 09:47:32 PM »

This is from Rep. Eric Swalwell (D) who represents a district within the Bay Area:

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/936396287246766080?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2017, 09:48:06 PM »

So the law in comie California is to allow illegals to have stolen guns and then murder a person with said gun but not charge them? Also Jose’s story changed you can read what others have posted.

The jury believed the defense that it was an accident, which is clear with the bullet ricocheting off of the pier. He was still convicted of an illegal possession of a firearm, which was also accurate.  
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »

Yeah, really by default, city police forces should be focused on municipal law enforcement.
I think trump needs to call for a ban to all cities county’s and states that become a safe space for illegals!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »

I mean, it is a little bit weird to see no involuntary manslaughter conviction...
Exactly it’s because there San Francisco is standing up to hatred they said it them selves. Even trump is not racist in anyway.

As stated in a prior post, California doesn't have an involuntary manslaughter law.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:06 PM »

Yeah, really by default, city police forces should be focused on municipal law enforcement.
I think trump needs to call for a ban to all cities county’s and states that become a safe space for illegals!

There goes the Tenth Amendment...
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:25 PM »

The party of small government, everyone!
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »

So the law in comie California is to allow illegals to have stolen guns and then murder a person with said gun but not charge them? Also Jose’s story changed you can read what others have posted.

The jury believed the defense that it was an accident, which is clear with the bullet ricocheting off of the pier. He was still convicted of an illegal possession of a firearm, which was also accurate.  
The guy changed his story it’s in the cnn comment on here!
José is a lying piece of garbage.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:38 PM »

Either way, Zarate should not have been in this country in the first place. A beautiful young life was taken because of him, whether he intended to kill her or not. Time to end sanctuary cities.

This is just an unfortunate situation and the Zarate situation was just an example of one bad apple, but it's no reason to end sanctuary cities. If anything we need to follow the lead of newly elected New Jersey Governor who has promised to make New Jersey a sanctuary state.

There is zero justification for sanctuary cities and a reason they poll poorly

Being a sanctuary city doesn't actually prevent illegals from getting deported, it just means the municipal government has decided not to transform their local law enforcement into devoluted ICE agents. The justification for not enforcing immigration laws at the locals level stems from rather clear rulings from courts that immigration law enforcement is constitutionally the obligation of only the federal government.

The fact that this guy was deported five times should highlight how the federal government still has the authority to deport immigrants in sanctuary cities. The fact he crossed the border five times is an indication that the federal government is really bad at its job of enforcing immigration laws. That's not the fault of "sanctuary cities." Sanctuary cities poll poorly because most people don't understand the law, but the logic for them makes sense from the standpoint of local municipalities.

Some people also don't seem to understand how jury trials work, as evidenced by some of the responses in this thread.

This is a really good point. I’d add though that critiques of SF’s policy of ignoring ICE retainers are fair, though. Local law enforcement wouldn’t blow off the FBI or DEA. That being said, my understanding is that few “sanctuary” cities do dumb stuff like that.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »

Except when he refused to rent to blacks, and when he called for the execution of minority men for a crime they didn't commit, and never apologized when they were DNA exonerated, or when he said a person with Mexican ancestry couldn't be impartial to him in a legal case, ect.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2017, 09:50:36 PM »

The party of small government, everyone!
Oh really kind of funny that New York and California did it to North Carolina. Yet you were fine with it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »

He's already done that, but there is no way it could get through Congress.
Usili
Rookie

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »

... Do I need to point out how Trump bought a full page ad in the New York Times to call for the death penalty on the Central Park Five and never recanted it, even after they were judged innocent?

First of all, what the hell do you mean by that of a 'ban'.

Second of all, there is something known as the Tenth Amendment.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2017, 09:51:18 PM »

How do you ban a city?
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2017, 09:51:41 PM »

Except when he refused to rent to blacks, and when he called for the execution of minority men for a crime they didn't commit, and never apologized when they were DNA exonerated, or when he said a person with Mexican ancestry couldn't be impartial to him in a legal case, ect.
The stuff with Mexican judge was stupid but not racist.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2017, 09:52:26 PM »

Please show me the spot in the Constitution where it says the federal government has the power to force the states to enforce their laws?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »

The guy changed his story it’s in the cnn comment on here!
José is a lying piece of garbage.

The jury obviously had reasonable doubt due to the ricochet, which is a fact.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2017, 09:53:09 PM »

How do you ban a city?
Making it to where they get no federal funding and you can not take a business trip to that city County or state just like New York did to North Carolina.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2017, 09:55:07 PM »

How do you ban a city?
Making it to where they get no federal funding and you can not take a business trip to that city County or state just like New York did to North Carolina.

No one took away NC's federal funding.

And please answer my question above.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:01 PM »

Shooting at a seal?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:58 PM »

But...but why? Just randomly at the pier?

That's f***ed up.
Usili
Rookie

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2017, 09:57:16 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2017, 09:58:55 PM by Usili »

How do you ban a city?

I'm going to point out that would violate any of the five-point rules as set out in South Dakota v. Dole for considering the constitutionality of spending cuts, which are as follows:

1. The spending must promote "the general welfare."
2. The condition must be unambiguous.
3. The condition should relate "to the federal interest in particular national projects or programs."
4. The condition imposed on the states must not, in itself, be unconstitutional.
5. The condition must not be coercive.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »

How do you ban a city?

I'm going to point out that would violate any of the five-point rule as set out in South Dakota v. Dole for considering the constitutionality of spending cuts, which are as follows:

1. The spending must promote "the general welfare."
2. The condition must be unambiguous.
3. The condition should relate "to the federal interest in particular national projects or programs."
4. The condition imposed on the states must not, in itself, be unconstitutional.
5. The condition must not be coercive.

This condition is clearly unconstitutional (requires states to cede a right to the national government that the constitution does not delegate to it) and possibly coercive too.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2017, 10:00:17 PM »

Jose is such a liar that I can’t believe how deportable the democrats are to actually believe him or anything he says.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies