Into the Unknown - 1987 Progressive Leadership Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:39:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Into the Unknown - 1987 Progressive Leadership Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should leader the Progressive Party
T. Anna Blythe

Jim Sinner

Dominic Clamborne

Katerina Papadiamantopoulos

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Into the Unknown - 1987 Progressive Leadership Election  (Read 520 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:20:43 AM »

Progressive Leadership Election 1987
Following the disastrous results in the snap election, Penny Praxbee immediately resigned as leader, while maintaining her seat in Parliament.

T. Anna Blythe

Blythe has served since the first Parliament and has been a protege of Praxbee. She is committed towards promoting a strong relationship with the United States and the UBI, seeking to increase it significantly. However, she also stresses the importance of keeping The Left out of government and thus is willing to compromise within the government's coalition.

Jim Sinner

Sinner has served in Parliament since 1981, and recently was elected as the MP for Montaign. His vision for the party involves a continuation of weakening labor laws while moving away from the UBI, calling the idea, "rather unfeasible." Instead, he says the party should focus on more traditional welfare that only helps the poor, but requiring welfare applicants to prove they are working or searching for work in order to receive aid. Sinner is also socially moderate and willing to compromise on many issues with the Liberals. Sinner is also an environmentalist, and wants to institute strict dumping laws and air pollution controls.

Dominic Clamborne

Clamborne is from the party's left wing, and seeks to tone down the fierce pro-business stance the party had espoused. Instead, he seeks to implement retraining programs for unemployed workers, strong investments in technical education, a move toward greater gender and race equality, and an increase in the UBI. Clamborne wants to cleanse the party's image as an elitist and bourgeois, citing his blue collar roots. Clamborne promises to hold the government accountable by building a closer alliance with the Social Democrats.

Katerina Papadiamantopoulos

Papadiamantopoulos was freshly elected as the MP for Alberton Centre after a decade as a party insider and fundraiser. Born in Greece, Papadiamantopoulos immigrated to Lamarna during the transitional period and purchased part of the formerly nationalized automotive industry. Papadiamantopoulos is a well-known name in the capital metro, and wants to see the party abandon its UBI goals and instead support a privatized investment scheme for all citizens, with the government investing a certain amount of money at the implementation of the law and the birth of every new citizen in a government industry, effectively creating a small trust fund for every citizen. She is also more conservative on social issues, being much less progressive than Praxbee while still to the left of the Liberals.

All candidates are for building the US air base as well as the naval base.

Two days to vote!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:25:28 AM »

Sinner to maintain some level of realism.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:31 AM »

Sinner.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 06:53:27 AM »

Clamborne/Blythe.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »

Seeing these early results, I'm going to need to know who the Blythe and Papadiamantopoulos voters prefer out of Sinner or Clambourne. Unless, of course, Papadiamantopoulos overtakes one of the two frontrunners.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 02:56:20 AM »

Seeing these early results, I'm going to need to know who the Blythe and Papadiamantopoulos voters prefer out of Sinner or Clambourne. Unless, of course, Papadiamantopoulos overtakes one of the two frontrunners.

If it helps, I'm a Clamborne voter and my second choice would be Papadiamantopoulos.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 01:45:16 PM »

Voted for Papadiamantopoulous, second pref is Sinner.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »

I myself am a Blythe voter, but then I realized Clamborne is the best bet of supporters of supplemental basic income/universal basic income as well as social liberals.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies