Any Strong opinions on who will win FL & Missouri Senate races?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:44:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Any Strong opinions on who will win FL & Missouri Senate races?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Any Strong opinions on who will win FL & Missouri Senate races?  (Read 2396 times)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »

Right now I think
The gop picks up Missouri by 6 points.

Bill Nelson holds on by slim 1.7 points.

But both of these predictions are early so lots can change.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2017, 09:29:37 AM »

As promised I did take an astrological look into the Florida Senate contest.

I did a superficial look into Florida Senate Contest next year. Without birth times, it is difficult.

This contest could become pretty scary for Democrats if they have to spend money in Florida when that money could be used in far less expensive media markets in Missouri, Indiana,  North Dakota. Which are all amazingly winnable contests next year.

Bill Nelson born Sep 29th 1942 in Miami Florida has one somewhat disturbing transit on election which reaches its peak on election night.

Mars opposition Chiron- I had to research on this transit but it looks like a very very hard victory. It is a similar transits in nature to McCaskil's transit saturn squaring progressed sun. Basically very tough victories but not dead. Nelson will have to work very hard to win re-election. This transit can be indicate a close contest. This could be the contest that really dampers Democrats spending money in 2018.

However there is a transit indicating Nelson is likely to prevail at the end:

Mercury Sextile Mars- This transit often indicates people will respect you for what you say but also indicates very testy exchanges and this is the ultimately transit for being in a tough competition irrespective of election, promotion, sports etc. 

Mercury sextile Sun Similar to the transit above. Also indicates that the candidate likely to be forceful and speak his mind. Voters respect it when you honest of your views rather than trying to be pandering.

Rick Scott

Mercury Sextile Mars Yes you read that right! Rick Scott and Bill Nelson both have this transit on election night. This will obviously be an intense contest.

Mars trine Saturn This is the most scary transit I have seen for Democrats thus far. Rick Scott having this transit on election night can power him up to give him additional strength. Persons under this transition often obtain new real estate, obtain new careers, promotions, etc. Very good transit.

Moon Opposition Jupiter very next morning Rick Scott does face this minor but mixed transit. It can often indicate disappointment.

Overall Rick Scott's chart is slightly better for election night but I am guessing with the Democratic nature of 2018 that Bill Nelson will be the victor.

Note that I do not have birth times for either candidate and with the basic charts I am seeing it would have been very nice to have birth times because right now it looks exactly 50-50.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2017, 10:56:53 AM »

I mean, Rick Scott won by 1 point in literal republican waves. I seriously doubt he can win or even make it competitive.

Mccaskill, that will be close, but considering Trump is unpopular even in MO and that will be a referendum on him like every midterm is a referendum on the sitting president, she should narrowly prevail.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »

I mean, Rick Scott won by 1 point in literal republican waves. I seriously doubt he can win or even make it competitive.

Mccaskill, that will be close, but considering Trump is unpopular even in MO and that will be a referendum on him like every midterm is a referendum on the sitting president, she should narrowly prevail.
Scott is vastly more popular now.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »

Scott is vastly more popular now.
*Temporary* vastly more popular
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2017, 04:44:04 PM »

As promised I did take an astrological look into the Florida Senate contest.

I did a superficial look into Florida Senate Contest next year. Without birth times, it is difficult.

This contest could become pretty scary for Democrats if they have to spend money in Florida when that money could be used in far less expensive media markets in Missouri, Indiana,  North Dakota. Which are all amazingly winnable contests next year.

Bill Nelson born Sep 29th 1942 in Miami Florida has one somewhat disturbing transit on election which reaches its peak on election night.

Mars opposition Chiron- I had to research on this transit but it looks like a very very hard victory. It is a similar transits in nature to McCaskil's transit saturn squaring progressed sun. Basically very tough victories but not dead. Nelson will have to work very hard to win re-election. This transit can be indicate a close contest. This could be the contest that really dampers Democrats spending money in 2018.

However there is a transit indicating Nelson is likely to prevail at the end:

Mercury Sextile Mars- This transit often indicates people will respect you for what you say but also indicates very testy exchanges and this is the ultimately transit for being in a tough competition irrespective of election, promotion, sports etc. 

Mercury sextile Sun Similar to the transit above. Also indicates that the candidate likely to be forceful and speak his mind. Voters respect it when you honest of your views rather than trying to be pandering.

Rick Scott

Mercury Sextile Mars Yes you read that right! Rick Scott and Bill Nelson both have this transit on election night. This will obviously be an intense contest.

Mars trine Saturn This is the most scary transit I have seen for Democrats thus far. Rick Scott having this transit on election night can power him up to give him additional strength. Persons under this transition often obtain new real estate, obtain new careers, promotions, etc. Very good transit.

Moon Opposition Jupiter very next morning Rick Scott does face this minor but mixed transit. It can often indicate disappointment.

Overall Rick Scott's chart is slightly better for election night but I am guessing with the Democratic nature of 2018 that Bill Nelson will be the victor.

Note that I do not have birth times for either candidate and with the basic charts I am seeing it would have been very nice to have birth times because right now it looks exactly 50-50.
Please stop

MARS WILL NOT DECIDE THE FLORIDA SENATE RACE OR THE BIRTH TIMES OKAY!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2017, 05:27:16 PM »

Umm..  It is still a method of predicting elections and I stated my self that birth times would make it more accurate.

It is not against the tos.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »

Umm..  It is still a method of predicting elections and I stated my self that birth times would make it more accurate.

Why would a birth time change the minds of voters?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2017, 05:21:10 AM »

No the birth time wont change the minds of voters. But birth times are critical to accurate chart analysis.

And I have stated  before that everyone has free will. People on good transits and progressions can sleep walk and fail and people with poor transits and progressions can work vigorously and succeed.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »

No the birth time wont change the minds of voters. But birth times are critical to accurate chart analysis.

And I have stated  before that everyone has free will. People on good transits and progressions can sleep walk and fail and people with poor transits and progressions can work vigorously and succeed.
So you just admitted it’s BS bad that it’s right half the time.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2017, 02:42:27 PM »

If it's an R sweep in FL, FL goes to lean R in 2020. If Graham and Nelson win, I think whoever wins will win Florida or maybe Trump will win without it.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »

If it's an R sweep in FL, FL goes to lean R in 2020. If Graham and Nelson win, I think whoever wins will win Florida or maybe Trump will win without it.

Republicans swept OH in 2010, and it didn't mean anything for 2012.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2017, 04:34:19 PM »

Republicans swept OH in 2010, and it didn't mean anything for 2012.

this....
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2017, 04:41:15 PM »

I think Nelson wins and McCaskill loses, both by low-to-mid single digits.

Rick Scott for some reason is now popular after years of being mired in the 30s, but Nelson now has that vaguely old politician thing that olds in Florida like, plus Rick Scott's brand of messaging is good at getting him to 48% against bad opponents, but probably won't work in a slightly/strongly Dem year against a fairly strong incumbent.

Claire McCaskill has a similar advantage, but one disadvantage is how far Missouri has shifted to the right. I fear even in a slight/strong Democrat wave it might not be enough because she isn't the kind of incumbent that engenders crossparty loyalties. She's known as a pretty partisan figure. Despite his flaws, I think Hawley is one of the better GOP recruits this cycle.
kyc0705

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2017, 06:26:08 PM »

I'm pretty annoyed at the smear campaign from pollsters against astrology. Astrology predicted the Trump win in 2016, but Big Pollsters have been saying Astrology is "quack science" because they want to cover their ass for getting the 2016 election wrong.

astrologers were mixed. I think the electoral college versus popular vote can cause confusion. Also Hillary Clinton has multiple possible birth times.

Paul Ryan's transits look quite good next election day but I think its more of a case in which he wins re-election easily over a supposedly competitive district.

My guess from all transit analysis is a gain of 30 seats for democrats in the house but I could be wrong.

I don’t know about the astrologer community, but I’ve heard that a lot of psychics were thrown off by Trunp winning.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2017, 07:50:50 PM »

I'm pretty annoyed at the smear campaign from pollsters against astrology. Astrology predicted the Trump win in 2016, but Big Pollsters have been saying Astrology is "quack science" because they want to cover their ass for getting the 2016 election wrong.

astrologers were mixed. I think the electoral college versus popular vote can cause confusion. Also Hillary Clinton has multiple possible birth times.

Paul Ryan's transits look quite good next election day but I think its more of a case in which he wins re-election easily over a supposedly competitive district.

My guess from all transit analysis is a gain of 30 seats for democrats in the house but I could be wrong.

I don’t know about the astrologer community, but I’ve heard that a lot of psychics were thrown off by Trunp winning.
Exactly that’s why astrology is bullcrap.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »

Nope.  Hillary Clinton did get the popular vote.  Also psychic doesn't equal astrologer. 
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2017, 09:40:05 PM »

Nope.  Hillary Clinton did get the popular vote.  Also psychic doesn't equal astrologer. 
Everyone knew Hillary was likely to win the popular vote but can just please stop with astrology crap.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies