Could an incumbent Governor Palin win the White House in 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 09:54:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Could an incumbent Governor Palin win the White House in 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could an incumbent Governor Palin win the White House in 2012?  (Read 501 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »

If Sarah Palin hadn't resigned in 2009, and had won re-election 2010, could she have won the GOP nomination and beaten President Obama in 2012?

I think it's doable, because she had quite the following at the time...but it would have been very difficult.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »

Absolutely not. 

The theory back in November 2008, a few days after Election Day and the Obama euphoria was starting to wear off, that the reason Palin came off as such a yokel was because she was a political novice.

Well, it's been almost a decade since she became a household name, and she's an even BIGGER airhead than before.  Come to think of it, she actually sounded MORE intelligent in 2008 than she does now!
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 11:52:22 PM »

She would be rejected by GOP primary voters.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »

I doubt there is any way she could win the 2012 primary's in the first place. Also with being  open on unintelligence, her base would already be taken by the likes of those like Santourum. So if she wanted a chance, she would need to convince him and other prominent members of the Christian Right to not run in the first place. And even if she did win, Obama would crush her worse then he did Romney.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »

I doubt there is any way she could win the 2012 primary's in the first place. Also with being  open on unintelligence, her base would already be taken by the likes of those like Santourum. So if she wanted a chance, she would need to convince him and other prominent members of the Christian Right to not run in the first place. And even if she did win, Obama would crush her worse then he did Romney.
I'm thinking that if Palin is the nominee in 2012, this is probably the map:

Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 10:17:35 AM »

I doubt there is any way she could win the 2012 primary's in the first place. Also with being  open on unintelligence, her base would already be taken by the likes of those like Santourum. So if she wanted a chance, she would need to convince him and other prominent members of the Christian Right to not run in the first place. And even if she did win, Obama would crush her worse then he did Romney.

This, I think the only way she would have stood a chance in the primary is if all the GOP's big names (Romney, Christie, Gingrich, Perry, Santorum, Huckabee...) sat the election out (which wasn't going to happen) and even then she would have lost very badly to Obama (probably at least at 2008 levels).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies