IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 83095 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: March 20, 2018, 10:12:25 PM »

I feel I must be the only person happy with Lipinski and Rauner both leading.
Where's DavidB? Or was he an Ives guy?
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1026 on: March 20, 2018, 10:12:42 PM »

I support Newman but holy moly are some of her other supporters in this thread being massively hypocritical assholes right now.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1027 on: March 20, 2018, 10:17:08 PM »

This thread is bad, and there are some people here who I don't think understand the struggles involved with being part of the LGBT community. In that regard, I've been luckier than even some people I know. I've never been forced to sleep in a tent in the backyard, like one of my LGBT friends. Being taken to a church which hates you every week, living in a predominantly conservative area, staying in the closet for your own safety, etc is still happening to some of us, and people like Lipinski and his defenders don't care.

Lipinski hates us. There's no way around that. It doesn't matter if he "respects the law" or whatever bullsh**t you come up with, he votes against laws that would protect us from discrimination. We don't want to understand his reasoning behind this, listening to hate doesn't do anyone any good. Beliefs that only hurt other people should be shut up and voted out.

Lipinski losing would have been amazing. We don't need his type in the Democratic Party. Especially not in Chicago. Yes, it's ideological purity, and it's good. As long as you give Lipinski a platform, or try to get us to understand his repulsive point of view, the dream of equality and acceptance will remain distant. Let's just hope that we get someone accepting in 2020.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1028 on: March 20, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »

Other contested primaries (Democrats):

IL-04
Jesús G. Garcia
44,586   66.5%

Sol Flores
14,430   21.5   
Richard Gonzalez
8,007   11.9
67,333 votes, 92% reporting (411 of 445 precincts)

IL-06
Kelly Mazeski
9,538   29.2%   
Sean Casten
8,467   25.9   
Carole Cheney
5,965   18.2   
Amanda Howland
4,462   13.6   
Becky Anderson Wilkins
1,628   5.0   
Jennifer Zordani
1,324   4.0   
Ryan Huffman
1,313   4.0   
32,697 votes, 42% reporting (266 of 640 precincts)

IL-12
Brendan Kelly
38,355   81.1%

David Bequette
8,926   18.9   
47,281 votes, 99% reporting (643 of 650 precincts)

IL-13
Betsy Dirksen Londrigan
22,622   45.2%

Erik Jones
11,310   22.6   
David Gill
7,086   14.2   
Jon Ebel
6,906   13.8   
Angel Sides
2,123   4.2   
50,047 votes, 91% reporting (549 of 602 precincts)

IL-14
Lauren Underwood
23,971   57.5%

Matthew Brolley
5,699   13.7   
Jim Walz
4,114   9.9   
Victor Swanson
2,931   7.0   
John Hosta
2,014   4.8   
George Weber
1,995   4.8   
Daniel Roldan-Johnson
940   2.3   
41,664 votes, 69% reporting (319 of 465 precincts)

IL-15
Kevin Gaither
16,816   62.2%   

Carl Spoerer
10,240   37.8   
27,056 votes, 98% reporting (807 of 823 precincts)

IL-16
Sara Dady
16,444   40.5%

Neill Mohammad
11,011   27.1   
Amy Briel
7,917   19.5   
Beth Vercolio-Osmund
5,215   12.8   

IL-18
Junius Rodriguez
13,602   41.3%   
Brian Deters
13,128   39.9   
Darrel Miller
6,189   18.8   
32,919 votes, 96% reporting (742 of 776 precincts)

For the Republicans:

IL-02:
David Merkle
4,812   36.8%   
Patrick Harmon
4,595   35.2   
John Morrow
3,655   28.0   
13,062 votes, 94% reporting (498 of 527 precincts)

IL-09
John Elleson
9,775   40.6%

Sargis Sangari
7,347   30.5   
D. Vincent Thomas
4,541   18.9   
Maxwell Rice
2,419   10.0
24,181 votes, 91% reporting (468 of 515 precincts)

IL-10
Douglas Bennett
8,177   35.6%   
Jeremy Wynes
7,931   34.5   
Sapan Shah
6,862   29.9
22,970 votes, 96% reporting (396 of 411 precincts)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1029 on: March 20, 2018, 10:22:33 PM »

This thread is bad, and there are some people here who I don't think understand the struggles involved with being part of the LGBT community. In that regard, I've been luckier than even some people I know. I've never been forced to sleep in a tent in the backyard, like one of my LGBT friends. Being taken to a church which hates you every week, living in a predominantly conservative area, staying in the closet for your own safety, etc is still happening to some of us, and people like Lipinski and his defenders don't care.

Lipinski hates us. There's no way around that. It doesn't matter if he "respects the law" or whatever bullsh**t you come up with, he votes against laws that would protect us from discrimination. We don't want to understand his reasoning behind this, listening to hate doesn't do anyone any good. Beliefs that only hurt other people should be shut up and voted out.

Lipinski losing would have been amazing. We don't need his type in the Democratic Party. Especially not in Chicago. Yes, it's ideological purity, and it's good. As long as you give Lipinski a platform, or try to get us to understand his repulsive point of view, the dream of equality and acceptance will remain distant. Let's just hope that we get someone accepting in 2020.
This is a really good post, and basically what I've been trying to say all night.

I don't want to listen to Lipinski and people like him. I've heard what they've had to say for decades. It's all the same. I don't care about his rationalizations. He harms vulnerable communities in this country, and the Democratic Party should be better than him.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1030 on: March 20, 2018, 10:24:53 PM »

This is a really good post, and basically what I've been trying to say all night.

I don't want to listen to Lipinski and people like him. I've heard what they've had to say for decades. It's all the same. I don't care about his rationalizations. He harms vulnerable communities in this country, and the Democratic Party should be better than him.
Do you at least prefer Dianne Feinstein (who supports gay rights) over Dan Lipinski (who doesn't)?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1031 on: March 20, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »

In the only race Illinois voters seem to have not f-cked up tonight, Brendan Kelly has a sh**t ton more votes than Mike Bost does in their respective primaries.

Put some respeck on Chuy's name.

I miss 2016 Sad
Chuy is a huge FF, yes.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1032 on: March 20, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »

Wasserman calls it.

Do you at least prefer Dianne Feinstein (who supports gay rights) over Dan Lipinski (who doesn't)?
Yes. Feinstein's also really good on gun control, which is another major issue for me. I don't hate her like a lot of other lefties do.

I still think her time has passed and a more progressive Senator should represent the most progressive state in the union.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1033 on: March 20, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »

I'd like to thank the Catholic Church, the Chicago Police, the AFL-CIO, working people, and minorities for sending our man back to Congress. Smiley
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1034 on: March 20, 2018, 10:29:28 PM »

I'd like to thank the Catholic Church, the Chicago Police, the AFL-CIO, working people, and minorities for sending our man back to Congress. Smiley
Did the AFL-CIO endorse him?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1035 on: March 20, 2018, 10:30:43 PM »

Did the AFL-CIO endorse him?
You bet.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1036 on: March 20, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »

And the Polish-American community in IL 3rd as well!
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1037 on: March 20, 2018, 10:31:41 PM »

I'm sad Lipinski won (and will still be in Congress) for the same reasons as you. What I'm frustrated about is the fact that the same posters who consistently cry about the Democratic party ignoring working class people are simultaneously cheering on a candidate who exemplifies suburban white liberalism and mock Lipinski supporters (who are ancestral Democrats that these people supposedly care about winning back) because of his social stances. Which is it? Do you actually care what the Cook County (not DuPage) IL-03 voters think or not?

I stand with Newman's platform (I am exactly the demographic her campaign targets), but I also don't selectively play class-warrior with the rest of the party because I'm still moping about the Bernie-Hillary race.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1038 on: March 20, 2018, 10:32:20 PM »

Wasserman calls it.

Yes. Feinstein's also really good on gun control, which is another major issue for me. I don't hate her like a lot of other lefties do.

I still think her time has passed and a more progressive Senator should represent the most progressive state in the union.
California is still not as progressive as one might think. My home county (Orange) is still largely pro-capital punishment. Many heavily Democratic communities (like Santa Ana and Hacienda Heights) largely oppose marijuana legalization. Feinstein probably ends up easily winning the GOP vote. Doug Ose endorses Feinstein.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1039 on: March 20, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »

In the only race Illinois voters seem to have not f-cked up tonight, Brendan Kelly has a sh**t ton more votes than Mike Bost does in their respective primaries.

I noticed that too! Could Southern Illinois be reverting to form? Kelly looks like a strong candidate for IL-12, for once.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1040 on: March 20, 2018, 10:34:20 PM »

A big Dziękuję to the Narodowy Polski za Cook-Countye
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1041 on: March 20, 2018, 10:34:30 PM »

FF coalition!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1042 on: March 20, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »

AtorBoltox

« Reply #1043 on: March 20, 2018, 10:35:12 PM »

Can Lipinski supporters stop pretending this is some triumphant landslide win? This is not vindication, this is a warning that unless he drifts to the left he'll be gone in 2020
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1044 on: March 20, 2018, 10:35:41 PM »

Wasserman calls it.

California is still not as progressive as one might think. My home county (Orange) is still largely pro-capital punishment. Many heavily Democratic communities (like Santa Ana and Hacienda Heights) largely oppose marijuana legalization.
I mean, you're right, California is extremely diverse politically, but liberals make up a large majority, and there are many people to the left of liberalism in Cali as well.

Why is he in a Scumbag Steve hat?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1045 on: March 20, 2018, 10:36:50 PM »

Wasserman calls it.

California is still not as progressive as one might think. My home county (Orange) is still largely pro-capital punishment. Many heavily Democratic communities (like Santa Ana and Hacienda Heights) largely oppose marijuana legalization.
I mean, you're right, California is extremely diverse politically, but liberals make up a large majority, and there are many people to the left of liberalism in Cali as well.

Why is he in a Scumbag Steve hat?

Yeah, I'm not sure why he's celebrating the fact he's a scumbag.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1046 on: March 20, 2018, 10:37:22 PM »

I noticed that too! Could Southern Illinois be reverting to form? Kelly looks like a strong candidate for IL-12, for once.
The midwest that voted for Trump now hates his guts, so...hopefully.

I'd love Brendan Kelly in congress.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1047 on: March 20, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »

I still laughed.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1048 on: March 20, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »

Wow the NRCC is really bad at this:

Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1049 on: March 20, 2018, 10:40:15 PM »

FF coalition!

Amen! Lipinski is an amazing member of Congress!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies