IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:16:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81340 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2018, 09:39:26 AM »

His record in Congress involves bringing a train station to his district just this past year, along with leadership on transportation issues (his district includes some rail yards too, atop all of that). How is that awful?
"On the one hand, he's an amoral monster who supports all the horrid policies advanced by the Republicans. On the other, he managed to secure part of the money to refurbish the second-largest Metra station in La Grange."
You have a severe case of Lipinski Derangement Syndrome. Why else would you be spreading this fake news?

SJoyce is being too generous here; from a quick count there's at least a handful of sitting Republican house members who are more progressive on LGBT rights than Lipinski.

Heck Mark Kirk has a more liberal record than him on gay rights; if you're a Democrat, and the former Republican senator from your own state is more LGBT friendly you should expect a primary challenge.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is ludicrous primarying him solely on the basis of this issue.
There are plenty of terrible GOP policies out there. The wording 'all the horrid policies advanced by the Republicans' is not just clumsy phrasing, it's bordering outright lying.

Didn't endorse Obama in 2012, voted against Obamacare, voted against the Dream Act in 2001, voted against banning workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation, voted against stem cell research.

I disagree that it's ludicrous to primary someone who doesn't support the civil rights of gay people.

It's really not that complex- it's not 1995, and we don't have to try and pander to these sorts of useful idiots anymore.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »

His record in Congress involves bringing a train station to his district just this past year, along with leadership on transportation issues (his district includes some rail yards too, atop all of that). How is that awful?
"On the one hand, he's an amoral monster who supports all the horrid policies advanced by the Republicans. On the other, he managed to secure part of the money to refurbish the second-largest Metra station in La Grange."
You have a severe case of Lipinski Derangement Syndrome. Why else would you be spreading this fake news?

SJoyce is being too generous here; from a quick count there's at least a handful of sitting Republican house members who are more progressive on LGBT rights than Lipinski.

Heck Mark Kirk has a more liberal record than him on gay rights; if you're a Democrat, and the former Republican senator from your own state is more LGBT friendly you should expect a primary challenge.

It is ludicrous primarying him solely on the basis of this issue.
There are plenty of terrible GOP policies out there. The wording 'all the horrid policies advanced by the Republicans' is not just clumsy phrasing, it's bordering outright lying.

Didn't endorse Obama in 2012, voted against Obamacare, voted against the Dream Act in 2001, voted against banning workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation, voted against stem cell research.

I disagree that it's ludicrous to primary someone who doesn't support the civil rights of gay people.

It's really not that complex- it's not 1995, and we don't have to try and pander to these sorts of useful idiots anymore.
Lol, as if all those you listed is the totality of the GOP's bad policies.
What a comedy show this thread has became...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2018, 10:05:15 AM »

Whether you like him or not, guy's 13-year track record in Congress should outweigh how he got the seat 20 to 1 at least.

But his record in Congress is awful?

And as I said, that is what he should be judged on, whether you judge it the way I do, or judge it the way you do. MY POINT: That should matter a whole lot more than "Daddy stole him the seat"
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2018, 10:11:24 AM »

I wasn't responding to your comment about the 'totality of the GOP's bad policies'', but rather the when you said....

I was demonstrating that Lipskini's lack of support for gay rights isn't at all the only issue where he's out of touch with the values of the Democrats.

You still haven't actually responded, or even tried to defend Lipsinki's awful record on LGBT rights
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:17 AM »

If his dad is allow to fix, and cheat to get him his seat in Congress, then progressives have every right to throw the absolute kitchen sink to kick him out of congress. There's a lot of chat on this thread about people from outside the district but look at this gem....

So not only did his Dad drop out after the primary, but he was then the one who helped make the decision to appoint his son, who hadn't lived in state since the 90s

I'm not sure where this is from, but I can't imagine it's true, since Lipinski was involved in Chicago politics throughout the 90s. It sounds like a straight-up lie.
It’s true.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:59 AM »

I wasn't responding to your comment about the 'totality of the GOP's bad policies'', but rather the when you said....

I was demonstrating that Lipskini's lack of support for gay rights isn't at all the only issue where he's out of touch with the values of the Democrats.

You still haven't actually responded, or even tried to defend Lipsinki's awful record on LGBT rights

It's not a good record, but there's no point in talking much about it when you guys will jump on it, howling from the rooftops, saying it is alleged proof he must be primaried, giving it more weight than is proper. It's a one-way ticket to turning this thread into a severe Lipinski Derangement Syndrome-ridden circlejerk, even more than it is now.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2018, 10:29:55 AM »

If his dad is allow to fix, and cheat to get him his seat in Congress, then progressives have every right to throw the absolute kitchen sink to kick him out of congress. There's a lot of chat on this thread about people from outside the district but look at this gem....

So not only did his Dad drop out after the primary, but he was then the one who helped make the decision to appoint his son, who hadn't lived in state since the 90s

I'm not sure where this is from, but I can't imagine it's true, since Lipinski was involved in Chicago politics throughout the 90s. It sounds like a straight-up lie.
It’s true.
If it is indeed the case that he was involved in Chicago politics throughout the 1990s, then for sure it was also untrue to call him a carpetbagger from Tennessee. (not necessarily vice versa).
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2018, 11:42:59 AM »

It’s true.
If it is indeed the case that he was involved in Chicago politics throughout the 1990s, then for sure it was also untrue to call him a carpetbagger from Tennessee. (not necessarily vice versa).
You aren't a "carpetbagger from Tennessee" if you took a job there for 3 years. The guy did work on Chicago-based political staffs throughout the 90s. Even if he was primarily working in Washington in those roles, that still means he was very involved in Illinois politics.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Lipinski lost.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Lipinski lost.
Exactly why Lipinski should lose.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »

It’s true.
You aren't a "carpetbagger from Tennessee" if you took a job there for 3 years. The guy did work on Chicago-based political staffs throughout the 90s. Even if he was primarily working in Washington in those roles, that still means he was very involved in Illinois politics.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »

Still sort of surprised we haven't seen a bigger campaign to write-in Lipinski for the R nomination. Seems like an obvious choice given the state of the race.

I believe the "sore loser law" prevents this.

Plus I doubt we could handle, nor should the 3rd deserve, Lipinski-Newman rd. 2.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2018, 09:43:49 AM »

It's not a good record, but there's no point in talking much about it when you guys will jump on it, howling from the rooftops, saying it is alleged proof he must be primaried, giving it more weight than is proper. It's a one-way ticket to turning this thread into a severe Lipinski Derangement Syndrome-ridden circlejerk, even more than it is now.
If he ate babies on live TV you'd be talking about how it's not good but isn't enough for a primary.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2018, 11:54:54 AM »

Pelosi endorses Lipinski! Slay Queen! Love mah girl Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart

https://twitter.com/nataliewsj/status/969248226359595008
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »

Yassss.  #ByeMarie
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2018, 02:20:04 PM »

Pelosi becomes increasingly irrelevant with each passing day.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2018, 02:20:53 PM »

Hahahahaha
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »

Pelosi becomes increasingly irrelevant with each passing day.

Newman's odds on the betting markets shot up 7 points after Pelosi's endorsement rotflmao
Rhenna
Gabor
United States

« Reply #318 on: March 01, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »

Pelosi endorses Lipinski! Slay Queen! Love mah girl Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart
Looks like Newman might just win now.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #319 on: March 01, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »

If Pelosi really supported Lipinski the DCCC would be spending money to defend him.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2018, 04:31:03 PM »

She can’t come out against a sitting congressman with this much time remaining on the current Congress and with every chance Lipinski will be back next year.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »

If Pelosi really supported Lipinski the DCCC would be spending money to defend him.
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2018, 12:03:15 PM »

LOL. If Pelosi really didn't support Lipinski, she wouldn't have felt compelled to vocally support him.

But she did, because she's disgusting, and because this is a dirty business.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »

Thoughts on this op-ed?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nancy-pelosi-stands-her-ground-against-democratic-purity-tests/article/2650465
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

... I think it's fairly obvious why a conservative writer for a conservative website is lamenting the idea of losing another anti-choice Democrat in Congress, especially one from Chicago.

These ghouls are terrified of Democrats "hurtling leftward" for good reason.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies