IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:37:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81894 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: March 20, 2018, 10:41:09 PM »

I'd like to thank the Catholic Church, the Chicago Police, the AFL-CIO, working people, and minorities for sending our man back to Congress. Smiley

And the Polish-American community in IL 3rd as well!

FF coalition!

Amen! Lipinski is an amazing member of Congress!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1051 on: March 20, 2018, 10:41:40 PM »

This thread is bad, and there are some people here who I don't think understand the struggles involved with being part of the LGBT community. In that regard, I've been luckier than even some people I know. I've never been forced to sleep in a tent in the backyard, like one of my LGBT friends. Being taken to a church which hates you every week, living in a predominantly conservative area, staying in the closet for your own safety, etc is still happening to some of us, and people like Lipinski and his defenders don't care.

Lipinski hates us. There's no way around that. It doesn't matter if he "respects the law" or whatever bullsh**t you come up with, he votes against laws that would protect us from discrimination. We don't want to understand his reasoning behind this, listening to hate doesn't do anyone any good. Beliefs that only hurt other people should be shut up and voted out.

Lipinski losing would have been amazing. We don't need his type in the Democratic Party. Especially not in Chicago. Yes, it's ideological purity, and it's good. As long as you give Lipinski a platform, or try to get us to understand his repulsive point of view, the dream of equality and acceptance will remain distant. Let's just hope that we get someone accepting in 2020.

That's censorship. The world doesn't revolve around gay people, and it shouldn't. Treat everyone kindly.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1052 on: March 20, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »

Wow the NRCC is really bad at this:

Is there even a Berniecrat in IL-13? Not sure how the candidate is tied to Warren/Sanders.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1053 on: March 20, 2018, 10:42:21 PM »

Also, this win is proof that Wulfric Endorsements matter. My sig got Lipinski the votes he needed to pull this out!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1054 on: March 20, 2018, 10:43:13 PM »

Can we finally dispel with the myth that this is an "Uber liberal district because it voted for Bernie in 2016 and Lipinski has no business in it" now?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1055 on: March 20, 2018, 10:43:36 PM »

Wow the NRCC is really bad at this:

Is there even a Berniecrat in IL-13? Not sure how the candidate is tied to Warren/Sanders.
No, not really. Londrigan is the closest I guess.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1056 on: March 20, 2018, 10:43:46 PM »

I'd like to thank the Catholic Church, the Chicago Police, the AFL-CIO, working people, and minorities for sending our man back to Congress. Smiley

FF coalition!

Amen! Lipinski is an amazing member of Congress!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1057 on: March 20, 2018, 10:44:18 PM »

In the only race Illinois voters seem to have not f-cked up tonight, Brendan Kelly has a sh**t ton more votes than Mike Bost does in their respective primaries.

I noticed that too! Could Southern Illinois be reverting to form? Kelly looks like a strong candidate for IL-12, for once.
The midwest that voted for Trump now hates his guts, so...hopefully.

I'd love Brendan Kelly in congress.

I think they hated his guts when they voted for him. A lot of people did.
It was the lesser of two evils for a lot of people in 2016.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1058 on: March 20, 2018, 10:44:26 PM »

Lmao Marie is not conceding and said "I'd like Mr. Lipinski to have a very painful evening".

Classy!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1059 on: March 20, 2018, 10:46:10 PM »

Lipniski is just a good politician. He knows how to win. Democrats should look to IL-3 and Cheri Bustos' district in appealing to white working class voters for 2020.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1060 on: March 20, 2018, 10:46:24 PM »

Can we finally dispel with the myth that this is an "Uber liberal district because it voted for Bernie in 2016 and Lipinski has no business in it" now?

I can virtually guarantee you that the majority of Democrats in this primary voted for Newman.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1061 on: March 20, 2018, 10:47:29 PM »

I feel I must be the only person happy with Lipinski and Rauner both leading.
Where's DavidB? Or was he an Ives guy?
On IL issues I always defer to the expert on Illinois politics, GreenLine. He supported Rauner, so do I.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1062 on: March 20, 2018, 10:47:33 PM »

I can virtually guarantee you that the majority of Democrats in this primary voted for Newman.

Is that why Dan got his entire margin out of the most Democratic part of the district while Marie romped in the white exurbs?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1063 on: March 20, 2018, 10:48:05 PM »

It's sad than the Democrats will not be allowed to vote for their party in November.

Only a Republican and a Nazi will be on the ballot.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1064 on: March 20, 2018, 10:48:51 PM »

Wasserman calls it.

This thread is bad, and there are some people here who I don't think understand the struggles involved with being part of the LGBT community. In that regard, I've been luckier than even some people I know. I've never been forced to sleep in a tent in the backyard, like one of my LGBT friends. Being taken to a church which hates you every week, living in a predominantly conservative area, staying in the closet for your own safety, etc is still happening to some of us, and people like Lipinski and his defenders don't care.

Lipinski hates us. There's no way around that. It doesn't matter if he "respects the law" or whatever bullsh**t you come up with, he votes against laws that would protect us from discrimination. We don't want to understand his reasoning behind this, listening to hate doesn't do anyone any good. Beliefs that only hurt other people should be shut up and voted out.

Lipinski losing would have been amazing. We don't need his type in the Democratic Party. Especially not in Chicago. Yes, it's ideological purity, and it's good. As long as you give Lipinski a platform, or try to get us to understand his repulsive point of view, the dream of equality and acceptance will remain distant. Let's just hope that we get someone accepting in 2020.
This is a really good post, and basically what I've been trying to say all night.

I don't want to listen to Lipinski and people like him. I've heard what they've had to say for decades. It's all the same. I don't care about his rationalizations. He harms vulnerable communities in this country, and the Democratic Party should be better than him.
Do you at least prefer Dianne Feinstein (who supports gay rights) over Dan Lipinski (who doesn't)?
Yes. Feinstein's also really good on gun control, which is another major issue for me. I don't hate her like a lot of other lefties do.

I still think her time has passed and a more progressive Senator should represent the most progressive state in the union.
California is still not as progressive as one might think. My home county (Orange) is still largely pro-capital punishment. Many heavily Democratic communities (like Santa Ana and Hacienda Heights) largely oppose marijuana legalization.
I mean, you're right, California is extremely diverse politically, but liberals make up a large majority, and there are many people to the left of liberalism in Cali as well.

Why is he in a Scumbag Steve hat?

Poke a little fun at yall, that's all.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1065 on: March 20, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »

Yes, exactly. Bernie vs. Hillary was more complex than just progressives vs. moderates. This district is for sure moving more towards the left from where it once was, but its still a Lipinski district.

Lmao Marie is not conceding and said "I'd like Mr. Lipinski to have a very painful evening".

Classy!

Gross. I can respect the cause she (and much of Atlas) represented in this race, but she's terrible.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1066 on: March 20, 2018, 10:50:00 PM »

It's sad than the Democrats will not be allowed to vote for their party in November.

Only a Republican and a Nazi will be on the ballot.
[citation needed]
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1067 on: March 20, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »

Wasserman calls it.

This is a really good post, and basically what I've been trying to say all night.

I don't want to listen to Lipinski and people like him. I've heard what they've had to say for decades. It's all the same. I don't care about his rationalizations. He harms vulnerable communities in this country, and the Democratic Party should be better than him.
Do you at least prefer Dianne Feinstein (who supports gay rights) over Dan Lipinski (who doesn't)?
Yes. Feinstein's also really good on gun control, which is another major issue for me. I don't hate her like a lot of other lefties do.

I still think her time has passed and a more progressive Senator should represent the most progressive state in the union.
California is still not as progressive as one might think. My home county (Orange) is still largely pro-capital punishment. Many heavily Democratic communities (like Santa Ana and Hacienda Heights) largely oppose marijuana legalization.
I mean, you're right, California is extremely diverse politically, but liberals make up a large majority, and there are many people to the left of liberalism in Cali as well.

Why is he in a Scumbag Steve hat?

Poke a little fun at yall, that's all.
Ok. On the face of it, it just didn't really make any sense.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1068 on: March 20, 2018, 10:51:16 PM »

Not conceding, selling souls out to neo nazis, I wonder where else I have seen this lately...
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1069 on: March 20, 2018, 10:51:53 PM »

Why Lipinski won

-He's an incumbent
-He's popular with the moderate wing of the party
-It's one of the most conservative districts in the state held by a Democrat. Rauner and Quinn virtually tied here in 2014.
-It's mostly blue-collar especially in the Chicago parts, with little college education
-The "neck" that stretches into Chicago is heavily Hispanic, who vote democratic because of big-government welfare programs and are socially moderate.
-Madigan's district is mostly in here.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1070 on: March 20, 2018, 10:52:49 PM »

I'm Polish-American, and I don't like Lipinski (especially due to his stances on abortion and gay rights).
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1071 on: March 20, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »

Not conceding, selling souls out to neo nazis, I wonder where else I have seen this lately...

She's Illinois' very own Roy Moore.
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #1072 on: March 20, 2018, 10:53:46 PM »

Lipinski's probably got two years left. Keep organizing against him and drag him kicking and screaming to the left as he's already begun doing.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1073 on: March 20, 2018, 10:54:48 PM »

More like Rick Saccone (could've won but ran a bad campaign).
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1074 on: March 20, 2018, 10:55:58 PM »

Dude what the f**k. Comparing a candidate from an uncalled race who will not yet concede to a pedophile who said we were better off when we had slavery.... like seriously is classless hyperbole.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies